Jennifer Garner & Violet: Strollin’ Through The Gardens

Jennifer Garner & Violet: Strollin' Through The Gardens

Jennifer Garner and Violet enjoyed some time at the Huntington Library with friends in Pasadena, Calif. on Friday (June 3).

During their visit, Violet got a piggy back ride during their stroll through the Botanical Gardens. What stood out was her black t-shirt reading ‘Seraphina’s Big Sister’!

The day before, Jennifer, Ben Affleck and the 5-year-old cutie were seen leaving a party in Brentwood.

Filed under: Jennifer Garner,Violet Affleck

Photo credit: Flynet/GSI Media

Jennifer is so beautiful and slim and she seems like such a wonderful person and a lovely mom, I just don’t understand why she always wears such unflattering frumpy clothing. I don’t know, I don’t have her kind of money but I wouldn’t go out dressed that frumpy. I understand she probably likes to be casual with the kids, but you can still look nice.

• Audrey

The funny thing is if you actually look at pictures of her she is often sporting some serious designers… chanel, balenciaga etc. even on her days off — so obviously she cares to some degree. Maybe she is trying extremely hard to prove that she is an ‘every mom’ just like the masses, but I just want to rush in and help her.

She often does the same thing with the girls too, like bizarre color combinations or weird pattern mixes, maybe she just excells at other things and fashion is just one area where she is lacking.

I’m sure those are some serious designers she wears, still though…. it doesn’t look very good. You can do casual comfy and fun and look better than that, especially being the beautiful woman that she is.

2. carolyn Robertson

Aw, love the T! So cute.

3. Tazina

She’s probably more interested in being with her children than paying attention to her clothes. Hauling around a kid on your back would make for wrinkled clothes anyway. She dresses up nice when the situation/occasion warrants it.

Amen to that!! Can I add that she probably doesn’t give a rat’s a$$ what the paps and the gossip press think of her outfits and make up job either.

4. gini

I love that she doesn’t need a nanny to go with her everywhere and carry her children for her or push their strollers like some other celebrity moms. You can she actually enjoys spending time with her kids. Love her!

True ,but I think this time it’s because she’s pregnant.

6. Annie123

I’m 100% sure she’s separated from Ben. I think the last pics we saw of the family all together were at Violet’s soccer practice and they did NOT seem together at all. What do you guys think?

• Julia725

They were spotted out a couple of days ago together. There’s a link to the pics in this article.

• Jenny

They ARE together, they were seen yesterday (june 3 )
      link: celebritybabyscoop.com/2011/06/03/ben-affleck-jennifer-garner-party-people
      just because they dont parade around in front of cameras doesn’t mean they are not together

You have missed some pictures then because there have been several occasions lately when they have been photographed together including the other day. They seem to be happy in the photos. Don’t know about you, but there are lots of occasions when I am with my children and my husband is not, particularly during the day time when he is at work.

I’m 100% sure you are full of it and don’t know what you’re talking about. You don’t know them personally so there’s no way you could know that unless they’ve said so themselves, which they obviously haven’t.

7. Gisele

You know, I really do like/admire her a lot. But I agree with the PP’s in that, she is lacking fashion sense. Someone said something about her being more worried about being with her kids than what she’s wearing…Well I am more worried about being with my kids than what I’m wearing too, but one can still try a little harder, that’s all…

i think violet is way too skinny

• Celia

Oh My Goodness! She is NOT! She just doesn’t happen to be carrying the extra pounds that the majority of kids do these days.

• Julia725

Not necessarily. At 5 years old my friend’s daughter weighed 31lbs. Took her to the doctor, but she was fine, just a skinny kid. She’s older now, and just fine.

That kid looks more and more special needs every day. She will definitely have to come out and say something eventually.

It’s pertty obvious from a lot of pictures that this is true.

It’s pretty obvious from a lot of pictures that this is true.

• Audrey

And what kind of special need does this one have?

And if the child did, which is not obvious to me, why would she have to come out. It would be there personal business.

This kid looks just fine.

Thank you, doctor! I had no idea it was now possible to diagnose special needs from still photos, without ever examining the child in person! And of course I assume you’re actually a doctor, right? Because otherwise I’m sure you would never presume to try to diagnose disorders you’re in no way qualified for. Do the insurance companies know about this? I imagine it would save them so much money if they knew they could have have unqualified internet commenters making medical diagnoses for them!

Wow, you need to chill out. Just because you don’t agree with someone or see the same thing someone else does doesn’t mean you have berate the person. Take your meds honey.

Yes I agree she want to be with her children but she carries $6,000 handbags to the park for goodness sakes so she should at least put it together somehow. I agree that Violet almost looks frail, she seems like she is the one of the two girls that requires more attention. She is a hands on Mom and I like that about her.

• pollie

Frail?? Not at all! That is how a kid should look! That is how all the kids looked like when I grew up except for the ONE fat kid in school. My kids are all that skinny and they eat well. I would say every third kid in their school should have someone watching what they put into their mouths! It is sad that people look at a kid like Violet and think she has the problem and is not the norm! Too many parents trying to justify the gut on their kid.

Who cares if she is special needs or not? Why is that even a comment. Between that and she is “too skinny”..it’s seriously said you are Parents? She is adorable. The Family is adorable! Luckily this Family has better things to do then read a silly blog, with hurtful comments and speculations!

Violet looks completely normal. Some of the things people have said about her border on cruel. If you had people taking hundreds of candid pictures of you day after day, you’d certainly have some that make you look completely weird. She looks like a very happy girl. Please give this child a break. And her mother too, my god! So you don’t like her style. Whatever. Move on.

13. melo1983

Has anyone ever stopped to think “Maybe Jennifer dresses the way she does because it’s comfortable and it’s what she likes” or “Violet looks like a perfectly normal and happy 5-year-old child”…probably not because you see nice celebrities like this and you must pick them apart in some way. Give it a break.

I noticed that something is very strange about that child also. She seems to have some sort of functional disability…. And Jen does have hideous taste in clothes. I have never seen her in anything flattering EVER. She must never look in the mirror.

Thank you, doctor! I had no idea it was now possible to diagnose disabilities from still photos, without ever examining the child in person! And of course I assume you’re actually a doctor, right? Because otherwise I’m sure you would never presume to try to diagnose disorders you’re in no way qualified for. Do the insurance companies know about this? I imagine it would save them so much money if they knew they could have have unqualified internet commenters making medical diagnoses for them!

• Audrey

Maybe she’ll define what a “functional disorder” is for us too. I have a special needs grandson and it took hands on diagnosis, lab, etc. buy a professional to diagnose. Should have just sent his picture to CBS.

• Audrey

Maybe she’ll tell us what a “functional disorder” it too. I also am amazed that my special needs grandson (Down Syn.) had to have a physical, lab and other evaluations to get his diagnoses. We should have just sent his picture here.

15. cemetree

i think her clothes look very comfortable and like something i would wear. not liking the bag though. as for violet, i think she’s fine.. she seems perfectly happy and i love how jennifer and bed are so hands on. they truely seem to love spending time with their kids as a priority. not business first then kids like so many celebrities

16. scooter

I like the top she’s wearing. JG isn’t a fashion icon or trendsetter but she does alright on the red carpet and in tv interviews. She seems like a nice girl. I like her.

You don’t have to be a doctor to know if she has special needs, just look at her. All you need are eyes. And she does go to a “special” school.

Violet does look like she lost some weight, in old pictures she looks heavier but unless she lost a ton on weight I think she’s going to be fine. My niece been skinny seine she was a baby, eats all the time never gained weight , she now 13 and she just starting to gaining weight after 13 years of being really thin.

I get what people are saying about her frumpy designer clothes if you’re going to spend thousands of dollars on your clothes, why would you dress or buy clothes that look like you shop at K-mart, all she needs is clothes that fit her and her shape. Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, Sarah Jessica Parker and many more all dress in comfortable clothing getting down and dirty with their kids but look pulled together.

She has a stylist for red carpet and in TV interviews; Rachel Zoe dresses her for these events.

• scooter

Yes, I am aware RZ is her stylist. She’s not the only celeb that uses a stylist for red carpet and other appearances. It’s very common and nothing to be ashamed of. I’d need one!

For the other poster that talked about her being rich.. Steve Wosniak (co-founder of Apple) is worth 20 billion dollars and he drives a Prius and buys his suits from Men’s Warehouse. It’s their life. They can live it however they want.

20. Clare

The saddest part about these photos is that the paparazzi clearly followed them all the way from Santa Monica (you can tell by the street signs) to the Huntington in Pasadena – a good 40 minute drive, bought $20 passes to get into the gardens and continued to follow them around.

I agree Clare, that seems a little sick, but not if you look at all the comments JG and her family get from this blog and others like it (Just Jared, Popsugar, Celebrity Baby blog, ONTD, etc. etc.) All a blog has to do is post her picture and pictures of her little ones and the comments flow in! Even the folks that say they are sick of seeing her cant resist stopping to comment!

oh by the way,l Violet looks skinnier than she did before because she has just had a huge growth spurt! My kids were like that — they took a big stretch and got skinny!

23. haggered

My knee jerk reaction to the “special needs” commenters was to think you people were a mean bunch of so and so’s…but after looking at the shots they are certainly bad photos of Violet at teh very least and she does look much skinnier though a growth spurt is probably the reason for that. Seraphina always looks so happy and charming….Violet just looks awkward. That said, it is often the awkward ones that grow into swans.

Clare@ If your sadden by these pictures of paparazzi flowing them stop posting comments the more people comment on these post the more website like this buy the picture. Jennifer Garner by herself does not draw up people interest go to a post with photos of Jen by herself and there is really no comments but add her kids and you get a lot of interest.

25. Jera

Grazi for maikng it nice and EZ.