Lauryn Hill Expecting Sixth Child!

Lauryn Hill Expecting Sixth Child!

Congratulations are in order for Grammy Award-winning singer Lauryn Hill!

The former first lady of the The Fugees is expecting her sixth child! Lauryn, 36, announced the news at her concert in Detroit on Saturday night after dropping hints throughout the year that she may be expecting, MTV reports.

The To Zion singer told her audience at Club Nokia in Los Angeles two months ago: “I keep having these children. I don’t know if I’m the most fertile woman in America. I’ve got five big children, you believe that? If you ask anybody I went to high school with, they’d be like puzzled. Wait till you hear the big secret though.”

Lauryn and Rohan Marley – the fourth son of reggae legend Bob Marley – are parents to five children: Zion, 13, Selah, 12, Joshua, 9, John, 8, and Sarah, 3.

Filed under: Expecting,Lauryn Hill

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. klutzy_girl

OH MY GOD THIS YEAR. What is in the water? Everyone is pregnant!

Congratulations to them!

2. Courtney

Klutzy girl it’s called a cycle these things happen every few years in hollywood besides 36 years old to have your sixth child isn’t old. academy award nominee Jeanne Crain had her 7th child just before her 40th birthday in 1965 granted two of her sons pre-deceased her. good luck to Lauren and her Family on the new baby

Every time I hear a pregnancy announcement from Lauryn, I wonder how Marley’s wife feels.

Feels about what? And in the end, why would care?–doesn’t affect your life any.

Feels about the fact that her husband has six kids with another woman. Why care– doesn’t affect my life? Well, why the heck are you on a website about other people’s lives too then? Of course it doesn’t affect me, but I’m going to comment on it. She’s a public figure, a person of topic, and she has children with a married man. I have every right to comment.

The thing about Lauryn Hill is that she and her husband/Ex break- up because he cheated on her or something else, get back together than have another baby; a baby is aversely not going to fix their problems.

5. suzan

Baby factory

6. Jessi

Marley is still married to his other wife, which is probably why that comment was made.

well lauryn hill and rohan are rasta… so in that culture they don’t believe in the legal binding of a marriage like many other average americans do. Rasta’s if they love each other, the man will treat his woman like his “queen” and its a very close intimate relationship with more than usually sexual activity hence all these children.
    So to conclude Rohan doesn’t love his ex like he does with lauryn its just because they dont have traditional weddings they don’t have traditional divorce. So just get over it the other lady is his EX and lauryn is his “queen” get over it. They seem to love each other and they can afford all these children let them be.

Weird, just yesterday I was thinking about the song “To Zion,” and I was like… how many kids does Lauryn have now? Five??? I was right, for the time being…

Umm… okay, you talking about Lauryn being his queen and all that:

After Hip Hop Wired tweeted a link to their story about Lauryn Hill being pregnant, Rohan replied to them,

“2 things, I’m not married and I don’t have anyone expecting anything.

Britni Daniels, an editor for Clutch magazine, then asked him:

“so we are clear: You’re not married to your ex-wife OR Lauryn, and 2) she’s not preggo w/ your child, but someone else’s?

Rohan responded:

“That’s correct, until I say out of my mouth to the contrary. Trust me the info out there has been so incorrect for so many years. “

To read the whole thing go to Necole Bitchie’s site. That’s where I got it. (Sorry, I can’t send the direct link, because I don’t have an account here. Which I really should get, since I post here ALL the time under Anonymous, but I digress :) )