Jennifer Connelly & Paul Bettany Welcome A Girl: Agnes Lark

Jennifer Connelly & Paul Bettany Welcome A Girl: Agnes Lark

It’s a girl for Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany!

The Academy Award-winning actress and husband, both 40, welcomed daughter Agnes Lark Bettany in New York City on May 31, Us Weekly reports. Baby Agnes was born via planned home water birth in a birthing pool.

“Everyone is healthy and doing well,” Jennifer’s rep says. “The family is very excited.”

Agnes joins big brothers Kai, 13, and the couple’s 7-year-old son Stellan. Kai’s father is Jennifer’s ex, David Dugan

In January, the Requiem for a Dream actress opened up about the nausea — and cravings! — during her third pregnancy.

“The first three months were very sketchy,” Jen admitted. “You know how like you have your cell phone and you have to stand in one spot? It was like that with nausea. I had to stand in one spot, which happened to be in front of my refrigerator, which was open with me dipping pretzels in cream cheese and stuffing them in my mouth.”

After meeting on the set of 2001′s A Beautiful Mind, Jennifer and Paul wed in Scotland in 2003.

Congratulations to the Connelly-Bettany family!

Filed under: Births,Jennifer Connelly,Paul Bettany

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. Lulu

Congratulations and I really, really love the name!

Big congratulations to the whole Bettany-Connelly family! Paul, Jennifer, Kai and Stellan all sure are very happy to have this little princess in their family. Kai and Stellan sure were anxiously waiting for their new brother or sister and now they have a little baby sister that both sure are gonna love and take good care of.

3. Sammy

Aww, big congratulations!

I had a feeling it would be a girl but I’m surprised they had her a week ago as I thought she was due next week but babies can be a little early (if she was early). Congrats.

LOL – “scheduled home water birth” – babies don’t adhere to a schedule unless it’s a c-section!

Awesome & very brave that she took this route though.

6. ZaraB

Love everything about this announcement – that they’ve had a daughter after two gorgeous boys, that she was born at home in water, and that she has such a great name – really love the name Anges Lark!! Congrats to the whole family!

7. Elizabeth

So glad that she a girl, but at her age I would have wanted to at least have the baby in the hospital in case of complications. That water birth thing sounds a little hippie-dippie to me.

• scooter

Elizabeth, your respomse sounds a little uneducated to me. Giving birth at home naturally is wonderful and healthy and water births are especially beautiful. This is her third child. I’m sure she knew what she was doing. You should watch the documentary Business of Being Born. You might change your mind about a few things.

I hate the name Agnes especially after two fantastic names like Kai and Stellan, but congrats to them anyways.

it’s great.. old school. And ‘aggie’ for nick name. I hate the white trashy names that all sound made up and all have tons of ‘y’s in them for some reason. Just go on babycenter and see the idiocy of the people naming their kids.

• popsykll

i love it i would have had agnes but i already have an adelaide who is ten, i am funny about doubling up on initials……..so i had a Flora instead!!!!!! old french names are devine ( just ask sjp lol)

9. alaina

Congrats to the family.I don’t like the name Agnes Lark.

10. lin

A girl, congratulations! I really like the name Stellan, Agnes is ok. It reminds me of Tabitha Hodge..

11. AnnieMouse

Congratulations!! I like the name! Ganny chic would be my choice in a girl’s name as well!

12. scooter

Love her! Congratulations JC on your new bundle of precious!

yay for a girl after 2 boys!!

I am not fond of Agnes. My great grandmother was Agnes and she was a mean old lady LOL

The name just rubs me the wrong way :)

Yeah, it’s not up to me to name this kid and it oughtn’t matter what I think, but I still want to chime in and say I don’t personally enjoy the name Agnes. It’s not just that it sounds like a name an old lady would have. To me it phonetically sounds like “colostomy bag” or something. Like, it has the ring of “colostomy bag” to it.

Sorry, Jennifer and family! I’m actually so curious about how humans can have such differing tastes about things like this. I /want/ to like the name Agnes, I do! I’ll try harder.

• Cabos

Funny i always relate the name Agnes with someone very religious since i saw Agnes of God lol. But still i think it’s a unique name. You say you relate it to an old lady when that lady was surely a baby too. But i think i know what you’re saying.

15. Stacey

I think the name will enjoy a bump after this. Old lady names are in vogue nowadays. Love them, so glad it’s a girl!

16. Flora

I literally jumped out of my chair and danced after redaing this!