Amber Portwood Attempts Suicide

Amber Portwood Attempts Suicide

Police in Anderson, Indiana have confirmed that Teen Mom star Amber Portwood attempted to commit suicide on Tuesday morning, Us reports.

“Late this morning (11:34 a.m.), Anderson Police responded to a call at a residence in the 1300 block of Pleasant Meadow Drive,” the police statement reads. “According to the caller, Portwood was depressed and threatening to end her life. The victim, who did not appear to be injured, was transported to a local medical facility for further evaluation.”

The 21-year-old reality TV star is currently being evaluated at St. John’s Hospital. Reportedly, her on-off boyfriend Gary Shirley, 24, visited her briefly Tuesday afternoon.

“Due to recent events, it was best that Amber delete her Twitter,” Gary Tweeted. “Appreciate all those who continue to support.” He also wrote, “Never cheated on Amber.. She may have thought I did, but haven’t. I will always love and respect her even if we aren’t together.”

The mom-of-one has been through a lot as of late. In December 2010, the MTV reality starlet was charged with two felony counts of domestic battery, one felony count of neglect of a dependent and one misdemeanor count of domestic battery stemming for hitting Gary in front of their 2-year-old daughter Leah.

Filed under: Amber Portwood

Photo credit: INFphoto.com

i’m sorry about this. this is a very serious post…but pleasent meadow drive…irony…sorry for that. had to get it out of my system. i hope things work out for her and she turns her life around though.

2. Rebecca

I don’t understand. The title says Amber “attempts suicide” but then in the article it says that she “threatened to end her life.” Does that not mean she was talking about it, and threatening to kill herself, but made no actual physical moves towards killing herself? Because “attempted suicide” usually means someone who actually tried to kill themselves and failed. Just wondering, because I don’t think they’re the same thing. I’m not meaning to be insensitive…

But no matter what Amber’s deal is, I hope she gets the help and support she needs to stay strong for her daughter, Leah.

3. Sophia

More like attempts to get attention.
    Maybe that’s a little harsh, but seriously, why are these Teen Mom girls still in the spotlight? The only thing Amber is talked about for anymore is her shitty relationship with her child’s father, and I’m pretty sure no-one cares. Like, it’s sad, but not newsworthy.

4. Annie123

So sad. My heart goes out to little Leah, she’s already undergone such trauma AND in the public eye. This “family” is such car wreck I can’t even believe MTV is still documenting it. Makes me sick.
    To all teen girls: if you can’t stop having sex and your boyfriend is too much of a jerk to not use a condom, please get the pill. Or an implant. Or an IUD. It’s free at planned parenthood and will prevent so much suffering!!

5. suzan

they should lock this woman up

i hope now that they’ll finally take that poor innocent child away from this mentally challenged mom.

7. Gisele

I agree with Sophia’s post. That being said, it’s so sad that she and Gary selfishly kept their child. I mean, an adoption would have been a wonderful gift to Leah. I sincerely hope the the damage done to Leah isn’t irreparable and that Amber gets into some therapy. And Gary as well for that matter!