January Jones On Baby Names, Prenatal Yoga, Pregnancy Cravings

January Jones On Baby Names, Prenatal Yoga, Pregnancy Cravings

Mom-to-be January Jones talked to the Johnjay and Rich radio show yesterday (June 13) about prenatal yoga, her struggle to decide on baby names and her pregnancy cravings.

“I’m doing prenatal yoga,” she said, and added that she hopes to return to it right after the baby arrives. However, the X-Men: First Class star admitted, “I’m just getting started, so we’ll see how it goes.”

Revealing that she’s “due in early fall,” the blonde beauty said she’s having a hard time coming up with baby names.

I’m having a hard time. I’m looking for boy and girl names because [the gender] is going to be a surprise for me.” She added, “I’m open to suggestions.”

But don’t expect any crazy celeb names from the girl named after a month.

“I don’t like weird names. I’m not really into that.” When asked if she’ll name her tot after her favorite celebrity, January said, “I love Cary Grant and Marilyn Monroe, but that seems like a celebrity thing to do.”

Revealing that she used to work at Dairy Queen prior to her red-hot acting career, the Mad Men star said she gives into her ice cream cravings when she can.

We don’t have [Dairy Queen] in L.A., but I was just home visiting my family and I went, literally, every day! I made my dad take me. Pregnant or not, I love Dairy Queen. I usually get a cherry-dipped cone or sometimes I go for a blizzard and a chili dog if I’m really hungry.”

January is remaining mum on the identity of the father of her baby, although many speculate it is either ex-boyfriend SNL star Jason Sudeikis or X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn.

Thanks to CBS reader Alice!

Filed under: January Jones

Photo credit: GSI Media

1. SMH

Well Grant for a boy would make a lovely normal name!! :)

2. Alaina

Good for January for not naming her unborn child a weird name like Peaches Honeyblossom.

3. Courtney

@Alaina there were strange names in hollywood longbefore Fifi Peaches & Pixie Geldof get over it. most stars don’t use their real names anyway

Well, Courtney, you certainly get very defensive whenever someone attacks something you like, like anything ‘Hollywood’ related, don’t you? And yet we constantly have to endure your rambling posts since you pay no mind to whether you sound crazy or if people are sick and tired and creeped out by your posts!

4. Sophia

I could imagine January naming her baby something like… Austin or Maya. I don’t know. I’m interested to hear what she chooses, because I think it was Jonny Lee Miller who, when his wife was pregnant, said they wouldn’t chose anything too unusual, then they came out with Buster.

5. Tricia

She should check out Nymbler.com!

January Jones is a terrible actress but a really interesting person! I hope she enjoys her pregnancy and the resultant child. I am guessing it’s a boy!

She isn’t into weird names, but her name is January?