Christina Aguilera: I Didn’t Want Max Growing Up In A “Tension-Filled Home”

Christina Aguilera: I Didn't Want Max Growing Up In A "Tension-Filled Home"

Singer Christina Aguilera goes nearly nude on the cover of W magazine’s “music and style” July issue. In the interview, the newly single mom-of-one explains what prompted her divorce from her husband of 5 years Jordan Bratman, and talks about being a “victim of celebrity.”

Talking about her ex, the star of The Voice, admits, “at one time or another, we were both not angels.” Though it wasn’t an easy time, Christina says that in the end she thinks the split was the best thing for their 3-year-old son Max.

“It got to a point where our life at home was reminding me of my own childhood. I will not have my son grow up in a tension-filled home,” she explains. “I knew there would be a negative reaction in the press to my divorce, but I am not going to live my life because of something someone might say. That goes against everything I sing on my records. I have to be myself.”

The divorce was just one of many struggles the singer has faced in the past year. Just a few months ago she and her new boyfriend Matt Rutler were arrested for public intoxication – though the pair were never officially charged, the incident of course stole tabloid headlines. Christina, though, is quick to dismiss it.

“The police knew my recent history and wanted to jump on the bandwagon,” she insists. “I don’t mean to martyr myself, but I think I was a victim of celebrity. I don’t drive, I wasn’t driving, and I committed no crimes, but they put me in jail. They called me a ‘political hot potato.’ They said, ‘What are we going to do with this woman?’ I think they were bored that night.”

All of that hopefully behind her now, Christina is content to focus on her son – and her new beau. Of Matt, who she met on the set of last year’s film Burlesque, she says, “I could depend on him for everything. Matt was working on the movie, and he was so supportive. And he still is. We’ve been through a lot in the past year.”

Filed under: Christina Aguilera

1. Anon

“Matt…was so supportive. And he still is.” Of course he is, he’s riding your gravy train all the way to the bank!

2. Suzy

I’m not sure the negative reaction in the press was from her actual divorce but from the fact she moved her brand new boyfriend in with her son, before it was even final.

3. Gisele

Exactly!

wow photoshop. she’s definitely not this thin in real life anymore.

“I Didn’t Want Max Growing Up In A Tension-Filled Home”. Instead, I wanted him growing up with a man he barely knows whom I’ve thrust upon him as a father figure.

6. Victoria

Too much airbrushing.

7. Ondine

There’s way too much photoshopping of her face and body on the magazine cover. Sure, go ahead and kick your husband/the baby’s father out of the house so you and your son can live a in a less tension-filled home. Then invite another guy in as man of the house before you even bother to change the sheets on your bed. I hope we’ve seen and heard the last of her and her poor unfortunate baby. He’ll never know a minute’s peace w/ her as his mother.

I want to hear Jordan’s side. I loved them together as a couple he was always there for her I find it extremely hard to believe he cheated I honestly think she is lying because she is one celebrity who never takes responsibility for her actions. She weighs about 150 to 160 if she is so proud of her body like she says then don’t let them airbrush you, plus she looks ugly without any makeup. I agree she just moved in Matt Rutler right way and she pays for him he hasn’t gone back to work as a production assistant since he has been with her she is the only one who can’t see that. She used to make fun of Britney and KFed, she is with a KFed Hello?. She is so egostistical and narcisstic I wish she would humble herself that voice may not be there forever and that would be alot of fans lost.

• Victoria

IDK why she would Kevin at least takes care of his children. He may have not been the right man for Britney but he’s a great dad.