Denise Richards Adopts A Baby Girl

Denise Richards Adopts A Baby Girl

Congratulations are in order for Denise Richards!

The 40-year-old actress recently adopted a baby girl domestically, her rep confirms to Us Weekly. Denise named her daughter Eloise Joni after her late mother, who lost her battle with cancer in 2007.

“Denise and Eloise’s big sisters couldn’t be happier and feel incredibly blessed,” the rep says.

The Undercover Brother star has two daughters – Sam, 7, and Lola, 6 – from her marriage to Charlie Sheen.

Filed under: Denise Richards

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

Wow! Didn’t see that one coming! Congrats to her! Cute that she let her daughters choose the name! Can’t wait to see the new little one. Wonder if she’s newborn or older?

2. Sophia

Amazing news – she is a great mother! That little girl is very lucky, I wish them all the best and congratulations to the entire family especially Sam and Lola!!

I’m SO very excited for Denise, Sam, & Lola! They’ve had a few quite ‘colorful’ years and I’m sure a baby will bring tons of happiness! Congrats to the whole family (including Grandpa Irv!)

4. alaina

Amazing job Denise

5. scooter

love love love to hear about adoptions. congratulations denise and family.

6. TiggerTiff

I’m not too sure if anyone remembers but after she and Charlie divorced (and before he married Brooke) she wanted to have a another with Charlie’s sperm So Sam and Lola (and any future baby) could have the same father. I guess she threw that plan out and went with adoption. I like Eloise but I don’t think it goes with Sam and Lola. Those names sound modern and Eloise is a classic. That said I can’t wait to see what she looks like.

7. Tazina

That’s great news. Congrats! (can’t wait to see a photo).

8. Hannah.J

I wouldn’t of picked Denise for adopting a child but I guess I don’t know her so Congratulations Denise, Sam and Lola.

• Sophia

I don’t mean to be rude by correcting you – but it should be “I wouldn’t have picked”. English is not my first language yet I see so many people making this mistake and in most cases english is the only language they speak.

Seriously, we are going to start correcting each other’s grammar? It’s a celebrity gossip website and a comment section. If that’s the case, this website better add spelling and grammar check functions to the website or we’ll all have to copy and paste our comments into Microsoft Word to check before posting. I commend you for learning the English language, but let’s not start picking at each other’s comments because someone was making a quick comment.

• Solene

I actually agree with Sophia. English is not my first language either, yet I notice this mistake a lot, and what’s wrong with correcting people’s mistakes? She was very polite and never meant to offend anyone. If it can improve one person’s english skills, well that little comment is worth it!

That being said, congrats to Denise and her family!

It is considered a worse breech of etiquette to point out someone else’s mistake than the mistake itself, no matter what it is. Of course posting this contradicts this point but if I can improve one person’s manners, than this little comment will be worth it!

• Tara

I think their desire to master the English language should be commended and not ridiculed. We have a society that enables illiteracy and laziness. I would much rather have someone make an honest effort. We have been inundated with the forced Spanish language in every medium. This is the United States of America and it is pathetic that one feels the need to deride anyone who tries to assimilate.

Congratulations to Denise.

• Anon2

Agree I was just going to post how nasty their comments seem. She simply corrected her grammar. Believe me too many people on this board butcher the native English language. I for one am amazed at how those who come to it later in life speak more eloquently than those of us who had it from birth.

• Alyssia

Omg totally agree about the Spanish overkill. I am tired of calling somewhere and hearing for Spanish press 1, English press 2. Learn the language people you are in America or are viewing an American website. Sophia and Solene I think we could learn a lesson from you.

Btw- I am Mexican and Spanish was my first language.

Is there a particular reason why companies can’t choose to cater to customers? I mean, if I owned a company and there was a substantial population with money that spoke a different language, I’d have an option for them. Being that Spanish was spoken on the American continent long before English, it seems pretty natural to want to get business from those who probably do speak English (as you do) but might understand Spanish with more ease and get less frustrated. Is there a reason why companies need to ignore people who are more comfortable in Spanish simply because you don’t like going through an additional level in their automated system? Wow–talk about narcissism.

• Alyssia

It should be assumed that when in America, that English be mandatory. As a Spanish speaking woman I am appalled at the notion that others learn our language in order to communicate. Is THAT not the height of narcissism. Teachers lose their jobs because they do not speak Spanish, where is that justified? My parents came here with no understanding of the English language, yet they never expected others to conform to their lifestyle. They chose to learn English and the American way. You don’t like it, then don’t come here.

• Anonymommy

Alyssia, it’s a shame that others don’t follow your family’s example. You should be very proud. I agree 100%, my parents are from Italy and learned English. Never once did they expect anyone to learn their language when they came to America. To use your quote, it is indeed the height of narcissism and arrogance to expect otherwise.

Thank you for correcting that! It bugs me all the time.

• Anonymommy

Give her a break, she was making an observation. It is actually true so many people on these boards cannot string together a coherent sentence. She is simply stating the obvious in a non offensive manner. Maybe you should pick on the pure nastiness from some of these people.

• Anonymommy

Btw pretty sad you need to rely on a computer text program to ensure that no mistakes are made with your writing.

9. Desiree Fawn

Wow! Fantastic news — I’m so thrilled for them :)

10. Krissy

Congrats to the whole family!!!!! I bet they feel so blessed

11. Nina Mike

12. SMH

My neighbor teaches 6th and 7th grade. She says she would believe how kids write papers these days. They use text language on papers. She says they’ll actually start a paper with the actually U instead of You. We def. are becoming a society of misspellers thanks to modern technology!! I don’t think it’s bad to correct someone esp. when it comes to school work. On a blog though, many people type from their phones, so it’s understandable that they’re not fully thinking or aware of what they’re typing in that moment!

Anyways…..that’s beside the point. I totally didn’t see this one coming! That’s great though. Hope they’re happy!!

13. South

CONGRATS DENISE, SAM, & LOLA!!!!

I am a little confused… I was reading all of the comments and I think its very silly that we are correcting each other! This is not a college paper, its a comment to an article! Who cares if it’s typed right! Look at it, and move on! Everyone is raised in different environments and we all speak differently… I live in the south and down here we rarely say anything “properly”.. its not that we don’t know how, we just don’t care if anyone else likes the way it sounds!!! With that being said, people with nothing better to do than correct other peoples mistakes… maybe you should be spending your time helping people that need it, instead of correcting women reading an adoption article! Grow Up!