Harper Seven Beckham: The Meaning Behind The Name

Harper Seven Beckham: The Meaning Behind The Name

One day after welcoming their new daughter Harper Seven Beckham, proud parents David and Victoria Beckham are said to be enjoying some quiet time together with their newly expanded family.

We do have some more details today on the couple’s baby name pick, however.

According to People, their daughter’s first name, Harper, is an old English name that Victoria has always been a fan of. She’s not the only one – Neil Patrick Harris, Lisa Marie Presley and Tiffani Thiessen all chose the name for their girls as well!

As for Seven, that one’s a bit more complicated than you may think. Not only is 7 David’s Manchester United and England jersey number, it’s also a very spiritual number.

In addition, Harper was born in the 7th hour of the day on the 7th day of the week and the 7th month of the year!

David shared the happy news of Harper’s arrival on Facebook yesterday, adding, “Victoria is doing really well and her brothers [Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz] are delighted to have a baby sister xx”

Congratulations again to them!

Filed under: David Beckham,Victoria Beckham

Photo credit: Flynet

1. Gisele

meh.

2. Gisele

I like the meaning behind the middle name. I think it’s pretty neat.

3. Sandy Eve

Thursday is not the 7th day of the week… Did you mean the month? Seventh hour of the seventh day of the seventh month?

4. Sandy Eve

Or was she born yesterday? 10th? Yeah, the it’s my mistake, sorry.

Why does victoria never smile? it is not like she looks better when she doesnt smile, she just looks like a miserable bitch.. i image she is, all the time like ‘David, can I have this???’ ‘David, can I have that??’ David, my clothing is crap and noone is remotely interested in anything I do!!!’ Daaaaaaaavid!’ Id be like, ‘bitch, you best have a coke n a smile fo’ something bad happens to ya, know what i mean?

6. SMH

Honestly I was hoping for something a bit more clever then Harper. I mean Harper is like the new Ava or Madison of this generation. I don’t mind the name but to me Harper Beckham doesn’t flow together. I’m sure she’s a beauty though. Can’t wait to see her little face.

Well, Sunday is the 7th day of the week. Maybe in America not,but here in Europe it is:)

in America, Sunday is the first day of the week…or were all those teachers lying?

USA is not America, is not the same.
      America included: North, Central and South America.

In other countries beside “USA”, sunday is the 7th day of the week.

no it isn’t, world wide sunday is regarded the 1st day of the week, many people think this as its the end of the weekend. but it is the 1st day of the week. everywhere, im from Britain.

8. Tazina

There was a special about the Spice Girls on t.v. and they interviewed Victoria extensively. She was down to earth, friendly and lovely. Not sure why she doesn’t smile more but it’s nothing to do with how she really is.

9. SarahC

Awh, that’s beautiful! Can’t wait to see her! I’m sure she’s a pretty baby!

10. anonymous

Unless things are different in England, Sunday is not the 7th day of the week. Its the 1st day of the week.

She looks much prettier with this natural colored skin rather than the orange color she seems to be sporting on other sites.

Isn’t Sunday the first day of the week…

12. anonymous

@anonymous 12:13

you are miserable and pathetic.

I love the name Harper.

13. BC

“…Harper was born in the 7th hour of the day on the 7th day of the week”

Eh? The baby was born yesterday. Sunday is the first day of the week, not the seventh.

Anyway, the more interesting news is that Beckham scored an awesome goal straight off a corner kick Saturday night, and the Galaxy won.

I can’t believe their daughter got a perfectly normal name. Never mind the middle name, it’s the first one that is important.

15. Tiffany

Well I’ll be…..I guess “Seven” is a perfect fit:)

16. French

BC, Anonymous -> In Europe, Sunday is the 7th day of the week. Monday is the 1st.

17. Wame

I bet she’s a cutie!!

Sunday is the 7th day of the week in Europe

Sunday is the 7th day it is known as the sabbath day.

Love the name.

20. meme

Here in England we have a thing called the weekend which consists of 2 days, Saturday and Sunday. Sunday is the 2nd of these 2 days. Add these to the 5 days that preceed these 2 days ie Monday – Friday and you have 7. Don’t give a shiny shite about the Beckhams to be honest but thought it worth clearing up the 7th day business.

In Europe, Sunday is the 7th day of the week.

whats all this in europe crap? week starts on monday meaning it ends on sunday, pretty sure no1 anywhere in the world starts work on sunday!
    Harper is too boring for a beckham seven i like, but was looking for something new and different, erykah badu already claimed seven some years ago!

In the USA Sunday is the 7th day of the week. God invented the heavens and the earth and on the seventh day he rested. That is why people go to church on Sunday.

Just to let you know God did rest on the 7th day but it wasn’t on Sunday, Sunday is considered the first day of the week even in the USA, if you don’t believe me you can read the bible and it clearly says that Jesus rose on the first day which most people call Easter Sunday it’s in Matthew 28:1-5, mark 16, Luke 25, and John 20

i LOVE the name harper. but not so much seven, well im a huge manchester united fan so i really dont mind it :)

27. anonymous

models look sexier without a smile. I’ve never seen a runway model smile. Cute smirks are the best. I think she looks alright without a smile and I agree with the person that said she was funny during her show. Totally witty.

Not only does she not smile, she suddenly has lost her voice after having galavanted on the world stage as Posh Spice. What’s with these people? They marry and it’s as if they’re afraid opening their mouths will shatter their dream world or something. Then again, who wants to listen to her anyways.

Harper is a nice and decent name, but leave it to these dopes to go and ruin it with a middle name like Seven. Really? Do they not think these kids will grow up and as adults who wants to introduce themselves as, “Hi, I’m Seven.”

well considering its her MIDDLE NAME, I’m pretty sure most people outside her family won’t know what it is unless she decides too- and if anything it has a cool meaning behind it and a name she should be proud of. If you hate the name so much… hey , then don’t name your kid it.

She’s a celebrity kid, of course people will know her MIDDLE NAME, her height, weight, and everything else before she does!

I’m sure these celebrity names have cool meanings to them too, though I’m not naming my kids these any time soon: Puma, Saffron Sahara, Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily, Diva Muffin, Fifi Trixibell, Audio Science…

29. Lioness

Hmmm. Every non-US calendar I’ve seen starts the week with Monday and ends with Sunday. Here in the US, the calendar week starts with Sunday and ends with Saturday. So the calendars at least reflect what everyone is saying. Anyway… happy trails Beckhams, enjoy your new little one.