Miranda Kerr Named Baby Flynn After Her Ex-Boyfriend

Miranda Kerr Named Baby Flynn After Her Ex-Boyfriend

Miranda Kerr and husband Orlando Bloom welcomed a baby boy earlier this year and named their first child Flynn Christopher Blanchard Copeland Bloom.

In a recent interview with Australian newspaper Daily Telegraph, the Victoria’s Secret model revealed that she named her son after someone very special in her life – her late ex-boyfriend.

Christopher Middlebrook, Miranda’s first boyfriend, was killed in a car accident as a teenager at the time that the two were dating. “Chris and I had been dating from two years,” she said. “After he died, I wrote him a letter that said I hoped to name my first child after him in some way.”

In her book, “Treasure Yourself,” Miranda wrote about her loss and what it meant to her. “Chris’ death taught me that the people who touch your life are always with you. It taught me that I have the choice to be grateful for the time I had with him instead of dwelling on losing him.”

Asked what Orlando thought of his wife naming their child after her ex, she replied, “I told Orlando [what I wanted to do] and he was the one who said he’d be happy to do that. Orlando’s a good guy,” she said.

And though he shares a moniker with someone from Miranda’s past, it sounds like baby Flynn definitely takes after daddy. “He looks exactly like Orlando did when he was a baby,” says Miranda, “and his character is developing every day. He’s content and, even though he’s teething, you can see he’s calm.”

Filed under: Miranda Kerr

Photo credit: Flynet

Well, Orlando’s mum is Sonia Copeland so I guess it is in her honour

Love.

3. Allie

Why Copeland????

That’s a touching and honorable gesture, it’s always so hard to lose a loved one and be able to move on, let alone when you’re a teenager.

Baby Flynn/Orlando mini-me is adorable! (but besides Christopher he got a bunch of other names too, wow)

5. Allie

why copeland?

Its not strange. Obviously it was a long time ago, it happened while they were still together and sounds like it really effected her. At that age it definitely would! I don’t think it’s strange and how great of Orlando to be ok with it, I don’t see why he wouldn’t be though.

If the boyfriend was still alive that might be a tad strange?

I really like the meaning of baby Flynn last names… Blanchard means “white, shining” and Copeland “good at coping”… Well chosen and perfect names to whish him an happy future