The Rossdale Boys: California Cool

The Rossdale Boys: California Cool

It was a boys’ day out for Gavin Rossdale and his sons Kingston, 5, and Zuma, 2 1/2, who were without mom Gwen Stefani as they took a trip to a museum in Los Angeles, California today (July 23).

The Rossdale brothers were both rocking their funky ‘dos: Kingston’s mohawk is back to blond these days while Zuma was sporting a ponytail like his dad.

It was Gavin’s oldest child Daisy Lowe who was making headlines this past week, thanks to the announcement that the 22-year-old model will be stripping down for an eight-page spread in next month’s issue of Playboy magazine.

Filed under: Celebrity Dads,Gavin Rossdale,Kingston Rossdale,Zuma Rossdale

Photo credit: GSI Media, Flynet

Agreed, it’s just pathetic that celebrities feel they are so ‘busy’ that they can’t just spend an afternoon alone with their children. Way to give them serious issues in later life.

Also seriously, they’re just small kids, stop dressing them up like dolls for your own enjoyment!

• trudy

Agree with both points, but I have to say there are lots of celebs who genuinely seem to enjoy being with their children and don’t require the constant presence of a nanny— Naomi Watts, Jennifer Gardner, Alison Hannigan (I think that’s her name – I only know her from this site) to name a few. All busy people and I am sure they have help, but when they are not working, they are with their kids one on one.

So much for “father and sons” time – this guy is incapable of going anywhere or doing anything with his kids without a nanny or a team of helpers. How difficult is it to focus purely on your kids for an hour or two without texting/checking messages? Pathetic.

• LaKesha

Oh pipe down, this is not a normal, everyday family. The choices they make for their family works for them.

But maybe they tried to spend an evening without nanny, and maybe Zuma broke his arm at the moment, when nanny wasn’t there and parents checked they messages :)))

I think it’s difficult for a woman to take care of two children at the same time, not to say a man. So it is absolutely reasonable to carry a nanny to keep an eye on children in order to guarantee kids’ safty!!!

Zuma looks so orange and if he had 3 or more kids I can see the need for an extra pair of hands on a solo outing but with just two kids it’s hard to see why they need a nanny on some outings.

4. Betty

While I agree about the nanny and hair thing Kingston and Zuma are never dressed in anything that prohibits them from playing or getting around on their own two feet, so I don’t see the real problem with what they have on especially in the picture above tee’s/tanks and jeans now their normal crazy rocker stuff not my personal taste but they are all ways dress weather apparent.

I dont so much have a problem with the nanny as I do with Gwen and Gavin using their kids as fashion accessories.

7. Mandy23

Let’s face it it’s not just celebrities that are texting/checking messages instead of watching their kids I’ve been out more than once were the parent is texting/checking messages and their children are running around the store. This one time I felt so sorry for this little girl all she wanted was a penny so she can have enough money to buy a rubber duck and her mom was to busy taking on the phone to pay attention to her, at one point she ended up wondering to the front of the store and the mother never once look to see where she was. The mother also kept me and everyone else behind her waiting on line while the poor sales clerk tried to get her attention because she was too busy on the phone to pay. Its like really is that phone call so impotent that you can’t put the person on hold and pay for you stuff, watch and answer your child.

An able-bodied man can’t handle 2 small boys without a nanny present at all times? Does she have to go into the men’s room to help them go to the toilet? This guy is beyond belief. I can understand a large family like Angelina’s or Heidi Klum needing help when they go out, but this… I’m quite sure the paparazzi are not even interested in him. Gwen, yes, but not him.

9. Mandy23

Let’s face it it’s not just celebrities that are texting/checking messages instead of watching their kids I’ve been out more than once were the parent is texting/checking messages and their children are running around the store. This one time I felt so sorry for this little girl all she wanted was a penny so she can have enough money to buy a rubber duck and her mom was to busy taking on the phone to pay attention to her, at one point she ended up wondering to the front of the store and the mother never once look to see where she was. The mother was also kept me and everyone else behind her waiting on line while the poor sales clerk tried to get her attention because she was too busy on the phone to pay. Its like really is that phone call so impotent that you can’t put the person on hold for a minute and pay for you stuff, watch and answer your child.

10. Betty

Sorry for the double post.

11. Angi

It’s their life. Stop judging what you don’t know anything about. I think the kids look happy and healthy. So,that is all that matters.

• anonymous

This comment section is here for people to comment and express their opinions. Too bad, so sad if they do not always agree with you or express your point of view, but that’s life my friend.

12. anonymous

LOL, I’m waiting for his “defenders” to come out saying that the nanny is a friend or just along to provide an extra set of hands. Or maybe those people have seen the light and realize how lazy this dude is. I’ve seen pictures in a UK paper of him and Gwen returning to their home in London and he stood there while the nanny pulled the stroller up the steps to the front door. Good grief.

13. arabella

Noami Watts has two little boys also.But we hardly see her or Levi with a nanny tag along.Yet Gwen and Gavin always have a nanny everywhere they go.

• anonymous

You are right, but she’s not the only one. Even Katie Holmes (you know, the one who gets picked on relentlessly on this site for one thing or another pertaining to Suri’s upbringing) never seems to have a nanny with her when she is out with Suri. A bodyguard yes, (have you seen the paparazzi?) but he is not playing with or tending to Suri.

Obviously Katie and the others have nannies, but like most folks, when they are not working, they prefer to be with their children

Wow Zuma looks so much like Gwen in the picture posted!