Mariah Carey Talks About “Difficult” Pregnancy

Apparently pregnancy was “a rough road” for Mariah Carey!

The 42-year-old songstress welcomed twins Moroccan and Monroe with husband Nick Cannon on April 30th. The new mom made her first on-air appearance last night (July 24) on HSN to promote her new collection of clothing, jewelry and accessories. But don’t expect to hear Mariah gushing about her newborn babies! Instead, she went on to talk about her “awful” pregnancy and her “not-so-amazing” post-twins body.

“Take the camera off me,” the Grammy Award-winning singer kept telling the crew. “Put it on them [the models]. I just had babies!”

It has been a rough road,” she said. “I was so uncomfortable. Pregnancy with twins is different than anything. They were always saying to me, ‘It’s all worth it.’ Yeah, it’s easy for you to say when you’re not the one whose feet are this big! It turned into a really difficult time.”

Was it just Mariah’s sense of humor? Did the negative talk continue?

“When they do a close up of my nails, they cut my nails,” Mariah also said. “I cut them for the babies.”

What do you think of Mariah’s first on-air appearance post-twins?

Filed under: Mariah Carey

1. Janna

“What do you think of Mariah’s first on-air appearance post-twins?”

I think she may not realize that she whined throughout the entire segment. It was enough already.

I think it’s good that she was honest. I think it’d be worse to be gushing about pregnancy/post preg if you were miserable. Good for Mariah!

Cue Courtney coming to Mariah’s defense in 3…2…

Oh shut up it’s called being honest about how difficult it was not being ungreatful in the slightest. if you don’t like her candor with the hosts don’t watch as simple as that.

Damn..what was she suppose to say? it was peaches and roses? WTF? Seriously, everyone always has something negative to say about this woman…

• BeingAdivaIsNotCute

BECAUSE she is a self absorbed fame wh*re who still dresses like she is 18 and has probably not even changed a diaper or gotten up with a baby at midnight since they were removed from her uterus. She thinks she is above *all that. She thinks it’s being a DIVA- & it’s cute. It is not. She had to *SHARE all the nude pregnant pics and every detail of her pregnancy but then withholds the photos of the babies…I mean WTF? Because she is jealous of people wanting to see the babies and NOT HER!

You sound like an angry pig.

• Victoria

No Anonymous whoever this is sounds like an idiot. Like really jealous of her children for what, and you ask why she had to show her nude pics, well did you have to click on the link to look at them no. People like whoever this person is kills me, they’re always complaining and talking bad but they’re the first ones to go running to see the pics.

6. E R

This video was ridiculous o_O Why is she talking like that? She doesn’t seem happy, at all.

What’s wrong with her face…like around the mouth? Bad botox?

I’m glad she was real, its better than being fake ! God knows being pregnant is not easy especially with twins . I should know I have twin boys myself . If she would of went on and said she enjoyed being pregnant with twins , I probably would of changed the channel .

8. Jmae

“Oh, daaaahling…I’m the only person in the world ever to have been pregnant with twins in the entire universe!” LOL

9. Angie

So, you all are surprised that she’s a narcissistic, self-obsessed celebrity who had babies as a fashion accessory? Really??

10. Tazina

She’s not whining. I love her honesty and humor in saying it was not a fabulous experience she wished could last forever. It’s not hard to believe a full term twin pregnancy at 41 was not a day at the park. I found carrying one at a time difficult enough and yes, the feet do take a beating with all that weight pressing down on them. Calm down those of you who for some reason are sour grapes.

11. Troli

She’s annoying. Blah.

12. Anon

Wow, she’s obnoxious.

I appreciate her honesty. I get so sick of hearing moms go on and on about how awesome it is….but in reality there are downsides. Honesty is the best policy. Yay Mariah!

14. Arlene

did she say she was pregnant for 47 weeks? That can’t be true.

15. SiervaMaria

She was being candid and very Mariah. Everyone isn’t gushy mushy about the experience and I love when they’re honest about that.

We are to hard on one another based on some cookie cutter idealized vision of pregnancy and motherhood.

• Victoria

Exactly SiervaMariah she was just being herself, and after all these years if people don’t understand Mariah being Mariah then they are dense. Mariah may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but she’s just being herself, and people don’t like it, don’t like her, don’t like the way she dresses, they should just stop paying attention to her. There are celebrities or people who are said to be celebrities but are really famous for nothing whom I don’t hate but their just not my cup of tea, and I just pay them no mind. I firmly stand by Maya Angelou’s ‘If someone shows you who they are, believe them”.

I’m young I don’t have kids yet, but I have been a kid, and I’ve got family members (obviously lol) with kids and I see the struggles they go through with their children, and I wonder how all these older adults who have kids (alot of men but majorty women) come up with what you stated this cookie cutter idealized version of pregnancy and motherhood/parenthood. People really need a reality check.

16. Victoria

Really people shut up! She didn’t whine about anything nor was she obnoxious, have any of you ever carried a baby nevertheless carried two or more, I doubt it. She was being real, I hardly doubt carrying twins is easy, and admitting to that does not take anything away from being happy that she had them.

You know, J-Lo is considered a diva and also carried and gave birth to twins. I can’t recall one interview when J-Lo went on with the “poor me” thing. There are thousands of women (yeah, some of your ”viewers” too) who’ve given birth to two or more babies, so I’m sorry, but Mariah, darling, you are Narcissistic and a huge bore! Please stick to singing. I love Nick, but you have simply degenerated into a very conceited and self-absorbed person. You need some therapy and watch these videos of yourself, if you can. You’ll be so embarassed