Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Keep Their Kids Connected To Their Cultures

Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Keep Their Kids Connected To Their Cultures

Mom-of-six Angelina Jolie has the usual challenges facing the parent of a large family, and with her multi-cultural brood the actress also has to make sure her kids stay connected to where they came from. The actress adopted three of her children – Maddox, 9, from Cambodia; Pax, 7, from Vietnam; and Zahara, 6, from Ethiopia – and gave birth to Shiloh, 5, in Namibia, and twins Vivienne and Knox, 3, in France.

In a new interview the actress emphasizes how she and Brad Pitt make sure their children keep in touch with their own cultures.

“They are all learning about each other’s cultures as well as being proud of their own,” the Tourist tells the Financial Times.

“So it’s not like just the boys get to do the Asian thing. They all have their flags over their beds and their individual pride.”

And all those international visits pose another challenge. “We owe Vietnam a visit, because Pax is due,” she says. “Z wants to get back to Africa, and Shiloh too. So everyone takes their turns in their country.”

Filed under: Angelina Jolie

Photo credit: Fame

1. ZaraB

What an amazing life their children are leading!

Although I do think it’s a good idea to give the children the chance to keep a certain connection to their land of birth, in a way I find it wrong to refer to it as “keeping the children connected to their culture”. Their culture is now predominantly the US American one, just as their parents are now Angelina and Brad.

3. Julianne

I’ve always thought they’re amazing parents , I really like the way they raise their kids even when they’re celebrities .
    My favorite Celebrity Family , Ever !

Brad looks constipated. Shiloh is not African period. They try way too hard. Why not let their children grow without all this try hard stuff.

Shiloh was born in Africa was granted citizenship in Nambibia . Do you have a problem with the twins celebrating being born in France? What’s the difference?

6. Seane-Anna

Why are Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt so down on their own culture, the American culture? They went out of their way to make sure their biological children were born overseas just, it seems, to give them an identity other than American. And they’re raising their adopted kids to identify with places and people with whom they have no real connection. Yes, Maddox and Pax were born in Asia and Zahara in Africa, but those kids are about as Asian and African as I am. I mean, how many Asian and African kids zip around the world in private jets on a routine basis and have multimillionaires for parents?

Angelina and Brad may have good intentions but they’re overdoing the multiculturalist angle, if you ask me. Their six children don’t owe who they are and what they have to the countries of their birth. Rather, they owe who they are and what they have to being adopted by or born to, rich AMERICANS. Angelina and Brad should make sure their kids understand that.

I don’t like Angelina and Brad but I think it is good for their adopted children know their roots. I do believe Angie also bring her children to other poor counties including their own country and they experience a humble life style. I think it is amazing these child can relate and change the world.