Linda Evangelista Seeks Hefty Child Support From Salma Hayek’s Husband

Linda Evangelista Seeks Hefty Child Support From Salma Hayek's Husband

Linda Evangelista is seeking $46,000 a month in child support from Francois-Henri Pinault, Salma Hayek‘s husband and the father of Evanglista’s 4-year-old son Augustin James.

The model appeared at the Manhattan Family Court on Monday (August 1) to ask for the amount, which judge Matthew Troy noted would be record-breaking. “That would probably be the largest support order in the history of the Family Court,” he said.

So how would the money be spent?

According to Evangelista’s lawyer, it would cover full-time nannies at $80,000-a-year and armed bodyguards, which costs upwards of $175,000-a-year. Considering Pinault’s estimated $11.5 billion fortune it wouldn’t be a hardship on him, but enough to cause the judge to query Evangelista on how many days a week she works.

The 46-year-old said the expenses were necessary in order to keep up her stunning looks to maintain her career. “On days when I do not work, I am working on my image”, she said. “I have to hit the gym. I have beauty appointments. I have to work toward my next job and maintaining my image just like an athlete.”

Pinault’s lawyer turned a deaf ear, arguing that the expenditures were unnecessary and that Evangelista could well afford the costs herself. “She testified that she wants to have a 24-hour nanny because she does not want to be alone with the child,” complained Pinaut’s lawyer, David Aronson.

“Ms. Evangelista, you should understand, has a worth of more than $8 million, and she earned last year $1.8 million,” he continued.

Pinault – the chief executive of PPR, the group which owns Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent and Bottega Veneta – has not paid any support to Augustin since his birth.

Surprisingly, the judge was sympathetic to Evangelista’s appeal, saying: “These are the extraordinary expenses that may be a part of the child’s life. And if there is a trial in the support case with a lot of publicity, there will probably be a need for two detectives to drive this kid around.”

Evangelista, who had initially refused to reveal her baby daddy’s identity, conceived Augustin in early 2006 with Pinault during his breakup with then-girlfriend Hayek.

Filed under: Francois-Henri Pinault,Linda Evangelista,Salma Hayek

Photo credit: Flynet

1. Anna

It’s so strange that she didn’t ask for anything for 4 years and now she’s asking for a ridiculous amount. Maybe he said something that pissed her off.

The child is 5, though. What took so long? Hmm…

Although, wow, all that money just for bodyguards and nannies? $46,000 is more than what most full-time scientists at universities make. I appreciate that Pinoult makes a lot of money, but it’d make more sense for him to set up a certain amount of money in a college fund and to pay for his current school fees/activities.

If you were a billionaire… could you imagine one of your children living with less than the your other children? Less support, nannies, bodyguards, education, housing, etc. I don’t know if that equals 46K a month, but he should pay her something.

8 million is nowhere near the same as 8 billion.

excuse me, 11.5 billion. Pinault could have saved himself millions had he spent $4 on a pack of condoms.

Armed bodyguards? Hahahaha.WTF — for the child or for her? A bodyguard MIGHT make sense for the child if there was a high risk of him being kidnapped, I suppose. But Linda does not need a bodyguard – to protect her from what — I think she could confidently walk down the street without being harassed, recognized or harmed.

6. Courtney

maybe Pinault is allergic to latex so condoms aren’t able to be used. Augustin technically isn’t 5 until november and dear ole dead beat dad pinault has to pay child support until he’s 18 years old

There are many other forms of birth control besides condoms. But really, why WOULDN’T you use a condom with someone you barely knew??

• jacquie109

Uhm actually just and FYI, I am allergic to latex and they make latex free condoms. Most everyone knows that! There are sheep skin which arent great, but they make some amazing polyisoprene ones!
      Having a latex allergy doesnt exempt you from being smart and protecting yourself during sex!

7. lg240

“she wants to have a 24-hour nanny because she does not want to be alone with the child”. Is she afraid he might bite her?

8. Tazina

That’s true. With his wealth Pinault took a huge risk when he had unprotected sex with Evangelista. With his careless act and a not so dumb (ka-ching! ka-ching!) sexual partner, he set himself up for massive child support payments. Perhaps he had been drinking and made himself vulnerable. Who knows, but he’ll pay the price now.

I don’t care about him or her. But I feel sorry for the kid when I read things like that…

If he is worth all those billions the kiddo probably does need armed bodyguards because of the kidnapping risk.

Wait, I thought child support was for the CHILD… not for mom’s botox and filler injections.

This from a woman who once said she didn’t get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day.

13. Angi

I am sorry,but $46,000.00 is ridiculous. i don’t care how much the dad is worth or makes. My husband makes less then that a year and my children want for nothing.

• Janna

Well, I agree it SOUNDS ridiculous. Except that child support is usually based on a percentage of the non-custodial parent’s annual income. If his income is $100,000,000 annually, do you think his child support should just be $1,000 a month? $5,000 a month? $10,000 a month?

Should the children he lives with be living a lifestyle radically different from the children he doesn’t live with? Is this son not entitled to all of the benefits that come with being the son of a **billionaire** worth in excess of $7 billion.

Surely everyone can see that normal rules just don’t apply here.

It’s really a sticky, touchy subject. Let me tell you, I’m glad a judge has to decide, and not me.

People are assuming they had unprotected sex, birth control of all kinds fails regularly. They could very easily used protection and still concieved. It happens all the time. That amount of money is insane, unless a college fund, trust fund is set up using some of that money. But even then, the best college in the world could be funded within months using only a fraction of that monthly amount. Sounds greedy to me.

She doesn’t want to be alone with her son? I think we have a winner for mother of the year!!!!! Pathetic….I hope her son never reads that statement:(

Evangelista’s comments make it sound like the money is more for HER lifestyle than the child’s. None of these comments even mention the kid, it’s all about her. Linda must be feeling old. She’s looking lame and skanky. Too much coke over the years.

17. gini

She doesn’t want to be left alone with her own child. Wow I feel so bad for that child.

18. jacquie109

Full time nannies and body gaurds, so that she can work out and make her beauty appoinments and work? Why doesn’t she just give the child over to selma to be raised, obviously she doesn’t want to raise her child herself!