Jon Gosselin “Very Relieved” His Kids Will Soon Live Life Off Camera

Jon Gosselin "Very Relieved" His Kids Will Soon Live Life Off Camera

Kate Plus 8 has been cancelled by TLC, and there’s at least one person who’s thrilled about the news – Jon Gosselin. The father-of-eight tells Radar Online that he’s “very relieved” his children – 10-year-old twins Mady and Cara, and 7-year-old sextuplets Alexis, Hannah, Aaden, Collin, Leah, and Joel – will finally be able to live the “normal lives” he’s wanted for them.

“I hope they can have more private family moments,” says Gosselin. “I hope that this will bring more privacy to my children and that they can get the proper attention they need for any personal issues they might have in the future.”

Jon tells the website that he learned about the reality show’s cancellation via press release, but he wasn’t surprised.

Contracts have to end at some point. I think everything had run its course and it was time to come to an end anyways.”

With the show providing a large percentage of the family’s income since April of 2007, Jon says that he has “no clue” as to what his ex-wife, Kate Gosselin‘s next move will be, adding, “I hope she dedicates more time to the kids now and I wish her the best as she goes forward with whatever career she wants to pursue.”

The final episode of Kate Plus 8 will air September 12th on TLC.

Filed under: Celebrity Dads,Jon Gosselin

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

don’t worry, she will write a book or appear on a different show.

I am going to miss Kate plus 8!!!!

3. Sunny Sue

Exactly, SMH! It’s ALL about Kate! Which was part of her strategy anyway. She knew her contract was about to expire and she’s probably VERY well aware of the massive dip in ratings, so I’m sure she’s been setting the wheels in motion for KATE to be the star. The problem is, she’s not likable. I just so happened to be a friends house last night and caught some of a recent episode where she anwered viewer questions and she talks about going back to being a nurse and how she wouldn’t really like that. EVERYTHING is part of a bigger plan with her. You can see it from a mile away [if you're even the slightest bit perceptive] and she is so obviously campaigning for more air time. She went on to say that she’d like the remain in the public eye and in show business. And then two seconds later, spent a good 3 minutes complaining about paparazzi. <–idiot.

but Kate needs money for kids

5. SMH

Kate will be fine. She was a nurse before kids. She could always go back to that it’s not like nurses make pennies. And Jon’s also working. Many people have lots of kids and make it work. Plus I’m sure they’ve got thousands banked away from the show. I’m not concerned at all for them and their finances. Let’s worry about the real people of America struggling who are working 9-5 jobs (sometimes two jobs) just to put food on the table for their families that don’t include 8 kids!!

Besidse the show wasn’t going to go on forever. It’s become less about the kids and more about Kate. Over it!

6. Sujinah

I am glad this show is over, even though I loved the kids. The show was more about Kate. She became hungry for attention.