Taylor Armstrong Not “Emotionally Ready” To Tell Kennedy

Taylor Armstrong Not "Emotionally Ready" To Tell Kennedy

Russell Armstrong, the husband of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Taylor Armstrong, was found dead after committing suicide Monday night in his friend’s Los Angeles home.

Friends of the reality TV starlet say she is not “emotionally ready” to tell her 5-year-old daughter Kennedy the news of Russell’s passing, TMZ reports.

“Taylor might not want to tell her daughter for quite a while, unless they can shield it from her,” psychologist Dr. Jeff Gardere tells HollyBaby. “So that’s going to have to be something that is a personal choice of hers [Taylor's]. But, she has to weigh somehow if her daughter will find out from TV or another child.”

Dr. Gardere added, “Give it a couple days, in isolation, and then let her know that dad was very sad and dad unfortunately made a decision to not be on this earth anymore.”

Taylor’s attorney Robert Thorne tells TMZ, “Taylor Armstrong is devastated by the tragic events that have unfolded. She requests privacy at this time so that she may comfort her young daughter.” He added, “Her thoughts and prayers are also with Russell’s 11 and 13-year-old sons.”

Our thoughts are with the Armstrong family during this difficult time.

Filed under: Taylor Armstrong

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. popsykl

Dreadful..poor Kennedy

2. Trina

Wow this is extremely sad, RIP to Russell and I will keep my negative comments abt Taylor to myself but wow.. Poor daughter.

3. melo1983

OH my goodness! God Bless little Kennedy, this is shocking news!!!!!!

4. melo1983

OH my goodness! God Bless little Kennedy, this is shocking news!!!!!!

I am so sad for Kennedy. As a child in that situation, you feel as though you weren’t good enough for your parent and that they didn’t want you enough to stick around in this world for you.

It is also scary because when you grow up knowing that suicide is an option, your mind is faster to go there when things get tough than maybe with some other people.

Not that Taylor reads this or anything, but I think that it would be a really bad idea to keep it from Kennedy. She can’t completely isolate her. Even if someone else (the tv or lots of kids like playing with smart phones & who knows what text could pop up) doesn’t slip and mention something, she is old enough to sense something.

My father died when I was five. I don’t remember that night but I have asked my mom about how she found out, how she told me, and how I reacted. I would be disturbed to find out years later that my mom had kept such huge information from me.

I don’t know who these people are but it certainly reads a sad story. I’m not familiar with these “real” housewives, but from what I have seen they are all fake, fake, fake.

7. Debbie

Such a heartbreaking situation for the family. I hope that they will find comfort during this tragic event.