‘SYTYCD’ Champ Melanie Moore’s “Nervous” Run-In With Suri Cruise

'SYTYCD' Champ Melanie Moore's "Nervous" Run-In With Suri Cruise

After being named the season 8 champ of the Fox reality show, So You Think You Can Dance, Georgia native Melanie Moore was lucky enough to meet the finale’s guest judge, Katie Holmes, backstage.

But according to Moore, as excited as she was to rub elbows with the Dawson’s Creek alum, it was Holmes’ 5-year-old daughter, Suri Cruise, who had her starstruck.

“I was more nervous talking to Suri than I was talking to Katie!” Melanie tells Us Weekly. “She’s so infamous! She’s perfect!”

By her account, it sounds as though Moore’s nerves may have made the situation a little awkward.

After shaking Suri’s hand, the dancer says that she exclaimed, “I wanna be your friend!” which “terrified” the pint-sized fashionista.

“Looks like I’m not gonna get a babysitting job on that one!” says Moore.

Hey, at least she’s got the whole dancing thing to fall back on.

Filed under: Celebrity Kids,Suri Cruise

Photo credit: Flynet

1. SMH

I can just picture little Suri’s face, “like biatch don’t be talking to me!” LOL

2. hailei_2007

Jesus, this is so weird, the way Suri grew before our eyes. I mean,twenty years ago celebrity kids were barely exposed. Now, we know her since she was a couple of months old and she’s gonna grow up in front of us. It’s like that movie with Jim Carrey. Creepy

It’s sad that a little kid has become so “infamous”. All the nasty things that people say about her has probably made people scared to meet her. It’s not fair that people who have never met her have all these preconceived notions about her. Suri was obviously very sweet since Melanie “wanted to be her friend”.

That is weird on so many levels.

5. P!nk

Starstruck by a 5 year old? Please.

Suri has the x factor, she is gonna be more famous than her parents.

7. Rach

Melanie Moore sounds like a weirdo. Saying that a child is “infamous” is not really thoughtful. And acting all starstruck to a 5 year old while shouting “I wanna be your friend!” is just plain odd. No wonder suri didn’t like her.