Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner Expecting Baby No. 3!

Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner Expecting Baby No. 3!

This time the rumors proved to be true: Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are expecting their third child!

The couple, who are already parents to girls Violet, 5, and Seraphina, 2, confirmed this evening that they are “thrilled” to be adding another baby to their family.

The big announcement comes on the heels of weeks of speculation after the normally very slim Valentine’s Day star has been sporting what appears to be a bump.

Celebrity Baby Scoop readers voted Ben and Jennifer, who tied the knot in 2005, and their gorgeous girls their favorite famous family in last year’s poll. Congratulations to them on the very happy news!

Filed under: Ben Affleck,Expecting,Jennifer Garner,Seraphina Affleck,Violet Affleck

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News

lmao!

2. freelancer

HA!!
    I didn’t believe the rumors until the very last photos. Congratulations JG!

3. Nina D.

Major congratulations to them! I thought Jen looked pregnant in the last pics we saw of her, with Seraphina and Violet at American Girl, but I didn’t wanna say anything.

4. Lily

Congrats to them! Lots of ladies here called it awhile ago!

Well, “lots of ladies” have been calling it continuously for the last two and a half years. You don’t get credit now just because you got lucky that your fantasies finally matched reality. Ever hear the old adage about blind squirrels? Well, we have a horde of blind squirrels commenting here, and they finally managed to find a nut. Doesn’t mean they earned it.

5. Felicity

Old news, Future Celebrity Gossip wrote this story in May!

Good luck to them though, I really like Jennifer. She seems so normal and a wonderful mother.

Yay!!!! CONGRATS TO THEM!!!!!

7. The Shenaniganizer

Congrats!!!!!! Such a sweet family, so excited to hear this!

I guess if the rumors keep circulating long enough, sooner or later they’re going to be right!!!

8. thanks

It is great that they finally announced it just wish announced it at the Disney
    Event this week end! Thank you for announcing it! I know that they wanted 3.
    She has everything she needs !

So when is she due? She’s already, what, like 2 and half years pregnant? Maybe she’ll go into the Guiness Book of World Records for having the longest pregnancy ever!

10. melo1983

Wow, I didn’t even know there were rumors! Awesome, congrats!

11. Rachel

I always hoped that they would go for at least one more — their girls are just so beautiful and they are an adorable family. Congrats to the Garner/Afflecks on the upcoming addition!!

12. Lynn

congratulations to Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck on the pregnancy news. they are my favorite celebrity couple ever. I am soooo happy 4 them. Violet and Seraphina are very beautiful girls.

13. Lynn

14. Tazina

This is great! I am so happy for them. Congrats!

15. Trina

Congrats to them even though they are a hop, skip, & a jump away from splitsville!

Congratulations to Ben and Jen for this wonderful news! Ben sure is wishing to have a boy but he sure will be happy if this new baby will be a girl. Both Violet and Seraphina are beautiful little girls and are anxiously waiting for their new baby brother or sister. The main thing is that the baby will be healthy.

17. Gretchen

I’m already excited to hear what they end up choosing for a baby name! Now I’ll probably just have to wait till Christmas!

amazing!

19. HaterzGonnaHate

Some just can’t live without a son..
    I hope this one is a girl too!

All the sweaters, jackets and loose-litting clothing. See ladies – we know what we know! Everyone that was in disbelief for the past couple of months, how about them apples?

• Janna

Nobody was in “disbelief”. It’s just rude to speculate about whether someone is pregnant because, like it or not, what you’re implying is that they’re fat (or fatter than they used to be).

What about all the times people have speculated on celebrities being pregnant when they weren’t? It’s still rude, and always will be rud.e

Wasn’t implying she was fat. You could reasonably argue that it was being implied that she had gained weight in the belly region. Simply implying that she looked pregnant. And Voila! There’s a baby announcement.

Exactly. For some reason, there’s a double standard here. People think it’s okay to (for all intents and purposes) suggest someone is “fat” if it’s in the context of pregnancy, but not outside this context. Several celebs on this blog alone who are packing a few extra pounds have escaped unscathed, but others have a bloated belly from a large lunch or PMS and BINGO, she’s getting “heavy”

Her pregnancy was noticed by many of the folks that read and enjoy this site. She is one of the most photographed parents on this site. There is a big difference between gaining a few pounds and gaining a few pounds in the area which a child grows. No one is calling her ‘fat’ in anyway shape or form. Pregancy ladies aren’t fat, they are pregnant, and the baby grows from a particular region of the body. I’m sure she’s every bit of three months pregnant (probably more), or the annoucement most likely would not have been made. The people that have noted in the past month or so that she had the appearance of an expectant mother are observant, as clearly that is the case. Not everyone is a blind squirrel making a guess.

Not everyone is a blind squirrel making a guess
            ————————————————————–
            No, but but the unhealthy level of pre-occupation about whether or not someone is pregnant (and other details of their life) can be a little unsettling. You don’t even know this woman – why the vested interest in her appearance and whether she’s pregnant, having a boy, etc? I could take the squirrel analogy a bit further (think “nuts”), but I’ll refrain.

Technically, none of us know any of the people featured on this website. So the question begs, why are any of us here? Uh, because we are interested in details of celebrity lifestyles, particularly their pregnancies and children. Never speculated on the gender. I’m sure they’ll be thrilled with either.

That’s true – kids are the common denominator between us and these celebs and I can understand and relate to the interest in things pertaining to childrearing – breastfeeding vs formula, natural childbirth vs medicated, etc., etc., but some people are a little obsessed. Being emotionally invested in a stranger’s life is too extreme.

I doubt that tips on feeding and birth methods are what draw most people to the site, as the majority of the stories aren’t about that. What brings us here is their celebrity status. We like to see how the other half live. If it’s an obsession, we’re all guilty.

I don’t know about that. I wouldn’t have been interested in this site until I had my kids and am interested in what the other parents have to say (including the celebs that are interviewed and profiled). Prior to being a parent myself, if I needed a celebrity fix, I would go elsewhere – not a site about babies!

21. klutzy_girl

Yay! I was right. So excited for them!

Such a cute family!

23. Francesca

Congrats to the happy family! She has been sporting a bump for a while, I just needed this to confirm!

24. MARCELLE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA QUE FELICIDADE! TO QUASE CHORANDO AKI! GENTE QUE MARAVILHAAAAAAAAAAA! FELIZ DEMAIS!!!! FELICIDADES A JEN E A ESSA FAMÍLIA LINDAAAAAAAAAA!

25. SiervaMaria

I will be obnoxious (and maybe a bad speller too! is there a c?) and remind all that I went on the record weeks ago saying she was with a new Affleck boo in her belly.

Love them!

26. Shirelle

Congrats!

27. Jeannie

Congratulations to Jennifer and Ben1 May she have an easy pregnancy and a healthy baby.

Haaaaaaaa! I knew it. Why do reps deny? I wouldn’t want to have that job… seems like it requires a lot of straight-up lying. However, I am super happy for them! Jen seems like an awesome mom and I have loved her ever since the beginning of Alias! Congrats!

There are rumors she had a miscarriage. I guess I would deny it to. If you say no comment most people take that as a confirmation. I remember Mariah and Nick talking about having a miscarriage while seeing all the tabs reporting she is pregnant.

Hope it’s a boy this time.

30. Desiree Fawn

Yay! :)

31. anonymousk

Wow, someone has their panties in a bunch. Who cares if a bunch of people were right that she was pregnant? I have looked at her pictures the past few weeks and thought she looked pregnant. I have never seen her fat, so I’m sure that’s why when she has a little weight on her, people think she is pregnant. Plus the clothing was kind of a giveaway. Seriously, this is like the second time angry people have commented on these posts about people guessing she was pregnant. If it bothers you that much don’t read the comments

32. May

Oh. I’m so surprised

33. SMH

Hopefully they get their boy but I can see it being another girl.

How do you know they want a boy? Do you know them personally? Not everyone cares about having children of both genders. Some people just want a healthy child of either gender.

34. Lioness

Well duh, lol- many of us called it a while back. Congrats to them!!!