Amanda Holden Is Expecting Baby No. 2

Amanda Holden Is Expecting Baby No. 2

Amanda Holden is expecting her second child with husband Chris Hughes! The Britain’s Got Talent judge, who had suffered a stillbirth six months ago, announced the news on her official page.

Chris, Lexi and I are delighted to announce that I am pregnant and we are expecting a little girl.”

She also updated fans on Twitter.

Referring to her 5-year-old daughter, she wrote: “Lexi’s question of the day(and most days) “Mama when are you going to get a baby in your tummy?”Happy to say TODAY Lexi!Mama is pregnant! Yay”

Shortly after her initial statement Holden added: “The first half of this year has been unbelievably difficult for us and so we are beyond delighted to share this news with you. My first priority is of course my family. I will therefore be adjusting one of my professional commitments accordingly.

“Due to its physical content this means I will end my contract with Shrek The Musical eight weeks early. I will endeavour to continue the show until the 3rd October. I do however ask you to bear with me as I will be putting myself and this pregnancy first.”

In February Holden lost her baby boy seven months into her pregnancy. She also suffered a miscarriage in 2010.

Congrats to the couple!

Filed under: Amanda Holden,Expecting

Photo credit: Fame

Yes, if she has had miscarriages and a stillbirth this is definitely not her 2nd child. Please correct your caption CelebrityBabyScoop. Women, including myself, who have experienced a pregnancy loss find this type of announcement, to not count the children who have passed, very inconsiderate.

I had a daughter that was born still, and we count her. A stillborn child is born after 20 weeks. You have to either deliver them or have a c-section. You can not have a d&c at that point. You then have to bury or cremate your child. It is a death. Please change your heading to respect the life of her child (and all other stillborn children). If not I will no longer be visiting this site. :(

3. Abi

So excited for Amanda, Chris & Lexi! I so hope this pregnancy runs smoothly for them all and they’re blessed with their daughter in a few months!

I am sorry if this sounds offensive , but I am not familiar with the technicalities…

Surely if her son was stillborn then he was her second child? And this baby will be her third? Please excuse me if I am wrong, but I imagine it is hard enough to lose a baby via miscarriage, but at seven months would her son not have had a funeral? If it were me I would consider this my second daughter, not my second child.

I realise this is a very emotive subject and feel great sorrow for those that have experienced loss. And for this reason I would not like to overlook her loss and all others that have shared her experience.

All said, she will be in my prayers and wish them all health and happiness x

• Janna

I don’t understand the technicalities either, but I suppose it’s just up to the individual person to decide. Maybe she counts both the miscarriage and the stillborn babies and considers this her fourth. Just remember, SHE didn’t say it was her second, this blog did.

Here’s hoping that this pregnancy goes smoothly for her!

As a mother who has had 2 stillborn children, I find it offensive that this blog would call her third child the second. I have two living children, and have had 2 stillborn. 2+2=4. So 1+2 should equal 3 for Amanda Holden. I am annoyed by the ignorance of the writer for not including her true second child in her family as an actual child. It is utterly offensive. If you question it, I ask you to hold your “sleeping” child after carrying them for many months, with dreams shattered…. and then we will can talk about whether or not that baby counts. There will always be a hole in her heart, and her family where her little one should be. Maybe you haven’t walked in her shoes, but a little empathy is in order. Just because she is famous doesn’t make her not human.

My second child and first son was stillborn at 36 weeks. I too have an older daughter and now have gone on to have another son. It is painful when people refer to my living son as my second. Especially when they know he is my third. Its just one of the many hurtful yet unintentional things people say. Im wishing her the best of luck and very happy for this family who has suffered what no one can imagine

Every life counts, no matter how brief. Every baby should be respected enough to be considered. Losing a baby is the hardest thing in the world, Trust me I know, and it hurts worse when society cannot or will not recongize the life of your child. It has been a question asked “when does life begin” of course everyone has their own opinion but you can’t tell me mother of a stillborn that life beings when a child is born crying and takes a first breath, or a mother that had a early miscarriage that life beings when you hear heart beat, see ultrasound, or a “baby bump’

8. Jordan

I agree with everyone else. This is not her second child. I’m sure she counts her little boy.

9. ZaraB

Having experienced a stillbirth myself, I was also offended to see that the headline of this article refers to Amanda Holden ‘expecting baby no. 2′. It seems very insensitive, particularly given that her son was lost only six months ago. I have had several miscarriages as well, but when a baby is born past 20 weeks or so, you have to go into labour and birth the child, register the birth, and you usually have a funeral and a burial or cremation. Therefore the baby is very ‘real’ and should not be disregarded just because he was stillborn. He was very much alive for seven months, and that should be acknowledged.

10. Amber

First of all many congrats to this coupe on their new baby. However I am appalled that you’re referring to this baby as her second when clearly it is her third. My husband and I had a stillbirth in June 2010 at 36 weeks which devastated us. We buried our second, perfect son. Shortly after losing him we became pregnant again and now have our daughter. We ALWAYS count our son as a part of our family. We have 3 beautiful children, 2 boys and one girl and you should show some respect to her son who is flying with the rest of our babies who have gone too soon.

I believe that this website should say third or fourth child or ask the couple what number to use.
    I had a stillbirth myself, and I have one living child. I have TWO children and if I got pregnant again, it would be my THIRD. It’s a shame this website is not counting her beautiful Angel baby!
    Her family is in my thoughts! I hope her pregnancy ends with a beautiful rainbow baby to take home! =]

12. Gretchen

WOW, so many people on here have had babies born still. This is so much more common than I ever knew…

It is common, but a lot of these comments seem like they were written by the same person, so…

That was rude. It is very common. I have met so many women who have suffered from the same symptoms and illnesses with the same unfortunate outcome and within the same time frame. Please if you are not well educated on this topic don’t make rude comments.

This is her third. She lost a baby before the stillborn.

I agree with all the above. I have 3 earthly children and I have a son who was stillborn and I had an early miscarriage. So that means I have 5 children. They are all children and they are all counted. I imagine it breaks this womans heart knowing that you are not counting her son as one of her children! How insensitive can you be?

Do you seriously answer “5″ when someone asks you how many children you have? You count an “early miscarriage” as equally as one of your living children? That’s…. odd.

• Anonymous2

I imagine this woman has better things to do than read this site. And if she does, I doubt she cares what Celebrity Baby Scoop says.

15. Kathy

I agree with everyone on this post. I had a daughter and then a stillborn son at 35 weeks. I went on to have my THIRD child another daughter. Why can’t the headline just be Amanda Holden expecting baby girl or Amanda Holden pregnant? We have a lot in common. We both lost sons and my daughters are five years apart. I wish her the best. My heart goes out to her and everyone that suffered these devastating losses.

16. Amelia

I too am appalled at the the dismissal of Amanda’s son by the insensitive person who wrote this article. I had a stillborn daughter last year, at 38 weeks, and I can tell you unequivocally that I am just as much a mother (and my husband just as much a father) as anyone who has a “live” child. (I prefer “earth” child as the proper term).
    I went through nearly 9 months of pregnancy, vomited, got constipated, got freckles on my face, nearly lost my gums, needed to sleep all the time, gave birth after a 24 hour labor and had my milk come in. (I didn’t get stretch marks, though I know that would add effect to my rant. I have really good skin). Then after all that, lost my perfectly healthy child to a stupid umbilical cord accident and have to deal with the daily grief from losing a child that is unimaginable to those of you who have no earthly idea what it feels like. You bet your bottom dollar I get credit for going through all that, you’d better refer to me as a mother and my daughter as a person, or I will give you an ear-full to think about.
    My daughter exists, Amanda Holden’s son exists, all of you on this board who have lost babies- your children exist. If anything, they exist more because they have eternal life, and unfortunately not everyone on this earth will be awarded that gift (if you know what I mean).
    I’ve also had two early miscarriages, and while I believe those children are in Heaven waiting for me, I would not necessarily count them when someone asks me how many children I have. That is between me, my children and God. I know how many children I actually have. But when someone asks how many children I have, you’d better believe I include my daughter whom I carried until 38 weeks. And any halfway decent person would include Amanda’s stillborn son as one of her children. She is having (or I guess already had) her THIRD!!!!
    We mothers of stillborns have to be our own advocates demanding a certain level of acknowledgement and respect, and I’m very pleased to see so many of us have commented on this article. Keep it up ladies! :)