Jason Bateman & Amanda Anka Expecting Second Daughter

Jason Bateman & Amanda Anka Expecting Second Daughter

Congratulations are in order for Jason Bateman and wife Amanda Anka!

“I’m going to be a grandfather again,” Amanda’s father, singer Paul Anka, tells ET Canada. Grandpa just couldn’t stop spilling the beans! It’s “another baby girl,” he adds.

Married to Amanda for 10 years now, Jason is “the actor in the family,” says Anka, adding, “He’s … a very smart boy, a wonderful guy for my daughter.”

The happy couple are already parents to daughter Francesca, nearly 5.

Filed under: Expecting,Jason Bateman

Photo credit: SNAP

Wow, pretty big gap in the ages of their kids. They also were married a long time (relatively) bfore having any.

Huh? 5-6 years is not that big of a gap.

• mahajanssen

My brother and I are 6 years apart and we never got along. My friend and her sister are 3 years apart and they never got along either. Another friend is 10 years older than her sister and they’re the best of friends. It’s all a gamble so it’s never about the numbers. Congrats to Amanda & Jason!!!

He hinted in a GQ (?) interview during his AD days that they had trouble conceiving and that it took awhile. It’s possible it took them a few years to conceive again. It’s not always easy for everyone.

2. Gretchen

YAY!!! They make such beautiful girls! I’m sure they’d have pretty boys too, but YAYYYY!!!! Hopefully Grandpa didn’t upset the couple by spilling the beans!

3. Courtney

congrats to the family Jason & Amanda do make beautiful babies together and grandpapa paul is obviously ecstatic to be having another grandbaby

NICE!!! Mine is just about to turn 5 too and we are trying as well!!!! 5-6 years is a great age gap!!!!

What does it matter to you how many years difference in age they are? Is there a law that says you have to have kids in a certain time frame? Get a life.

6. MadelineKolodziej

Me and a friend who followed the career of Jason and his family will also have disconfiavamos few months. We are very happy with this news. Welcome new Bateman.

7. Kathy

My daughters are five years apart. I lost a son after my first child. I wanted my kids to be closer in ages, however, now I like the five year gap. I feel like I spent a lot of one-on-one time with my first daughter before my second one came along.