Mel B’s Baby is “Coming Out This Week”

Mel B's Baby is "Coming Out This Week"

Melanie Brown is going to have her baby this week. She revealed on Australia’s 2Day FM’s Kyle and Jackie O Show that doctors are planning to induce labor.

She said, “I just had my doctor on the phone and he’s given me some ultimatums which are good. It’s coming out this week, one way or another it’s coming out this week. It’s called epidural and pain relievers! I have a very small and neat thing going on down there. My doctor does the designer thing afterwards so I’ve got no problems.”

The Australia X Factor judge, who is expecting her first child with Stephen Belafonte added, “Ideally I want it to come naturally, but I’ve tried everything. I’ve tried the hot food, the running, the sex and violence. I’ve tried it all. And it just seems to be stuck and hibernating in there getting bigger and bigger, so it’s coming out this week for sure.”

She recently joked on her Twitter page that sex will help get the baby out.

Stephen just cooked me the best steak,i owe you one honey wink wink nudge nudge,lets get this baby out,hahaha.(sic)”

The former Spice Girl also has daughters Phoenix, 12 and Angel, four, from previous relationships.

Filed under: Expecting,Melanie Brown

Photo credit: Flynet

1. Anonymous 2

This is a bit upsetting. No one’s ob should be giving them “ultimatums.” Due dates are not written in stone. Babies come when they are ready. As she doesn’t seem to be in distress it seems this induction is likely unnecessary. I still wish her a safe delivery.

If she has the baby on Thursday, that would be the birthday of fellow former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham’s son Romeo (Sept. 1).

3. Janna

She previously said her due date was “around July, August” so she could really be overdue!

But can someone tell me what this means: “I have a very small and neat thing going on down there. My doctor does the designer thing afterwards so I’ve got no problems.”

• Anonymous 2

I assume she means she’s getting a c-section? Unless her ob knows of some kind of special cream to constrict the vagina. lol It’s all rather silly though. I guess she’s all “too posh to push.”

But she said ‘It’s called epidural and pain relievers’.
        That means she’s having the baby vaginally, right?

She’s talking about if she needs an episiotomy which is a little incision at the vaginal opening to allow more room for the baby to pass sometimes woman tear and you really want to avoid that.If your doctor is with you they can manipulate the head through so you don’t need any of the above but it does happen.

Do you realize a C section is major surgery? She is in labor and will be delivering vaginally hopefully as she did with her other 2 kids.If she has a C section she is kind of screwed since she is suppose to be in Australia by the 19th.She needs at least 6 weeks to heal and she can not exercise at all

• Rach

I was wondering what she meant by that too…

I’ve heard some celebs comment about having their doctor put in extra stitches after a vaginal birth to be tight again, so maybe that’s what she meant.

This means if she need an episiotomy or she tears her doctor will sew her up in a very nice way she will have dissolvable stitches down there and believe me it can be painful after as you can imagine

4. Amy

I think she means she’s going to have everything nipped and tucked down there after giving birth, to keep things as neat as it already is! I love Mel B though, so I can’t wait for her to finally have the little one!

No, ultimatums are not “good”. I take her comment to mean that she’ll be getting a “vaginal reconstruction” after the birth. This woman seems to care only about vanity, not about what’s best for her baby.

• Janna

Well, to be fair, vaginal reconstructive surgery after childbirth wouldn’t have anything to do with what’s best for her baby, would it? I mean, they don’t do while you’re still pregnant…… do they?!

Hey if you passed a baby through your vagina and you ripped I am sure you would want your doctor to sew you up in a nice way it is very painful.Hopefully she will not need and episiotomy which is about a 1 inch incision from the vagina to the rectum or rip. You understand now

6. Anna

She sounds so tacky and low class.

You people make me laugh about “not what’s best for her baby” how does “vaginal reconstruction” which happens AFTER the birth have affect her baby in any possible way please tell me don’t worry I’ll wait……..

O that right it doesn’t affect her baby so she not putting her vanity above her child.

She is putting vanity before her baby by inducing, getting an epidural and focusing more on her child’s weight than the child coming naturally. Also, tearing during labor is not necessarily bad, and stitching can often times be detrimental to the pelvic floor. episiotomies are also terrible for you… but they dont tell pregnant women this because they like to control everything. She is just another victim of an ob. Due dates are never exact, you can go to 46 weeks even provided the placenta is ok…

As stated above, I was referring to an induction not being best for the baby, if there is no medical reason for it. The one comment wasn’t meant to be related to the other.

9. Pencils

Due dates aren’t written in stone, that’s true, but it can get dangerous when a baby is extremely overdue. Amniotic fluid starts to decrease. Infections can happen. Babies get big and that can constrict the umbilical cord. Meconium can become an issue. And the placenta just gets old, they’re not designed to work much past the 41st or so week. The mother also can develop problems the later it gets. An OB might decide to give a patient an ultimatum because he or she doesn’t want to be responsible for what could happen if the patient goes against medical advice and waits too long. Because if anything does go wrong, the doctor is going to get sued.

10. BabyMama

Why is everyone getting antsy about the ‘ultimatum’ word? It just means that the Dr has probably said ‘if it doesn’t come naturally by Thursday, we’ll induce’. It’s normal and healthy for the Mum and baby – being overdue isn’t good for either.

It’s not that it is an ultimatum. No doctor is going to let you go to far past your due date because it is dangerous for the mom and the baby but for Mel she has naturally gone into labor so good for her and my prayers and thoughts are with her for a safe and quick delivery.Since she left to go to the hospital 3 hours ago that baby should be here real soon if not already since it is her 3rd birth.And who ever said you can’t tell the due date yes you can by the ultrasound and it is pretty accurate and it will also tell you how much that baby weighs lets just pray Mel can push that baby out quickly and safe and an epidural is used in many circumstances including surgery it paralysis you from the site of insertion so you don’t have feeling there although it can slow down the rate of dilation it is very safe and as a nurse would recommend that to anyone in the 21 century you should not have to suffer to give birth.

You people sure don’t know much about childbirth do some research before you make negative comments. Mel has already done this 2 times I think she knows what she is doing.What I suggest is you say a prayer for her to have a safe and healthy delivery.You sound like hatters