Raquel Welch: Sexy At Seventy

Raquel Welch: Sexy At Seventy

Legendary sex symbol Raquel Welch is living proof that age is just a number. At the age of 70, the sultry actress – who is mother to Damon Welch, 52, and Tahnee Welch, 50 – opens up to AARP about being a single mom in old Hollywood, and the struggles facing young starlets in Tinseltown today.

On being a single mom to two toddlers in Hollywood at the age of 26: “When I first came to Hollywood, other people may have thought, ‘You poor thing, you don’t have a car, you have two children, what possessed you?’ But it made me focus. I didn’t know if I did right to leave Jim and thought, ‘This thing better work for me, and I better really keep my eye on the ball and be careful.’”

On sympathizing with Lindsay Lohan: “I’m the antidote to Lindsay Lohan. I know she misbehaves terribly, but sometimes it just seems like it’s open season on her.”

On young Hollywood: “’My self-esteem,’ my self-this,’ ‘my self-that.’ Believe me, I’ve been there—I’m an actress. At one point you just get nauseous with it and think, ‘I have to take my mind off myself!’”

Continue reading the interview at AARP

Filed under: Raquel Welch

Photo credit: AARP

1. Anony99

And you do that with botox, plastic surgery, fake hair, fake nails, and more makeup than even Christina Aguilera wears? Alrighty then.

She is a beautiful woman, no doubt about it. However, we all know she really looks good for her age because of plastic surgery and botox! And, this picture is extremely photoshopped!

Of course “70 Never looked like this” and it would not like like that if they took off all the makeup and surgeries – I doubt she would be posing on the cover after that!!!

4. Michael J.

I have been following her career since 1971.

Yo peeps, she’s speaking of today’s fragile, narcissistic egos; not looks. It’s called maintenance. Who gives a crap what she does with her bod and face while she’s here – if it makes her feel better go for it. Happy Birthday, you hot, gorgeous, GILF! Dang…

Some people can be such miserable crabs. If you people look so hideous, don’t take it out on Raquel Welch. Even she herself admits it takes more than two hours to make herself look good. Now, even if she had herself photographed looking as wrinkled as Brigitte Bardot, you’d still carp on her for looking that way. Get a life, you losers.

What bunch of crabs these people who comment are. Even Raquel herself admits it takes her hours to make herself look great. Even if she had herself photographed looking as wrinkled as Brigitte Bardot, you’d still carp. Get a life, guys.

Has it ever occurred to you in your tiny little brain that the people who think all the plastic surgery and botox is disgusting are NOT the same people who would bash on her for being wrinkled? There is nothing wrong with aging, there is definitely something wrong with pretending you aren’t.

8. John Bryans Fontaine

I hope that if, as rumored, a new ‘Fantastic Voyage’ is produced, Raquel Welch gets ( at least ) a cameo appearance.