Katie Holmes & Her Little Lady

Katie Holmes

Suri looks like a little lady!

Katie Holmes
picked up Suri Cruise from her gymnastics class at Chelsea Piers on Friday (September 9). The 5-year-old sported red lipstick while the actress wore her hair in braids. The two stopped at the Chelsea Market before returning to their New York City apartment.

They’re in town because of New York Fashion Week.

Meanwhile, Tom Cruise’s latest acting role is in Rock of Ages with Julianne Hough and Russell Brand. Katie is working on a new movie too. She’s set to star in the romantic comedy Responsible Adults.

Filed under: Katie Holmes,Suri Cruise

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News

I don’t see anything wrong with her hair she a 5 year old kid her hair is going to get messy, I agree with those above If they’re going to let Suri wear make up outside of the house then lip-gloss would be more appropriate.

I agree – she does look like a mini prostitute – she’s nothing but a little spoiled brat.

3. Janna

Oh here we go!

Suri will surely grow up to be a drug-addicted prostitute because her mother let her play dress up and then had the audacity to let her outside!

4. Tazina

That is pretty bad but worse of the parents to allow it. A lip gloss with a hint of pink would have been much more appropriate and “usually” the kid is happy.

5. deb390

Lipstick is inappropriate for a young child. Once again Suri gets her own way because they do not discipline her.How disgusting.

Wow red lipstick, really?! On a 5 year old, gloss would be more appropriate….that red looks vampy not dress up

7. Mick

5 year olds shouldn’t wear make-up outside.

No offense, but the details in the article are wrong. They’re not in town for fashion week, and Cruise finished filming Rock of Ages a while ago. Katie was in town for a 9/11 benefit.

5 going on 21 !!!

10. Lou

Red lipstick? Couldn’t be more inappropriate if they tried.

This is tamed from what I’ve seen of Suir, two years ago in Spain Suir had on big dangling earrings, lipstick, blush and heels walking down the street at 3 so this is not as bad but I agree if you going to let the kid wear this outside of the house then lip-gloss would be more appropriate.

12. Leesiee

She also is wearing eye liner too! So I guess it is ok, to wear make up you can she that she looks like Tom now! Wow is Katie trying to compete against
    Julianne Hough!? With those shorts? Please. Now at this time I’m her life
    She decides to dress like that!

What is with her hair?

Ok, whoa, a little too much me thinks ….

totally inappropriate with the lipstick! ! I know kids dont like their hair brushed, but she really does look messy. That is one bizarre messed up family

16. paige

WAY to much ! i can see playing dress up in the house with lipgloss , but this looks like children of the corn

She does look like a mini-prostitute, though.

18. SMH

I used to play dress up with clothes and makeup too with my mom but never outside the house.

I don’t think by wearing makeup it’s harming Suri but I do question why parents want their little girls to grow up so quickly. If Suri wants to wear makeup tell her that it’s fine to play with it in the house but until she’s older she can’t wear it outside. Oh wait I forgot Suri makes the rules. Oh well guess that won’t work!!

19. Ondine

At this rate she’ll wearing a bra and thong on her first day of school.

20. Lioness

“but I do question why parents want their little girls to grow up so quickly”

???? Suri probably wanted to wear it, I’m betting it isn’t Katie forcing it on her. My sister as a kid used to wear my mom’s lipstick all the time out of the house… she grew up juuuust fine. What’s the big deal, anyway? Lipstick wipes off very easily.

“but until she’s older she can’t wear it outside”

Well, you’re not her mother, and she IS wearing outside, so I’m pretty sure you’re wrong about that. Why do people get their panties in a bunch over other people’s kids- especially THIS one? Makes no sense to me.

I don’t see anything wrong with the lipstick but something about this child seems very “off”. She is always making angry faces, they let her do bizarre things, she had a bottle until she was, what, 4 years old? She is so unbelievably pale that it seems like they never just let her play outside like a normal child. I’m thinking this all may be part of the strange Scientology parenting thing. I think this girl is going to be one screwed up individual later in life. Something about the whole scenario, from her parents marriage to her upbringing so far, seems very odd.

She looks like Boy George.

Lipstick? LIPSTICK? Why are we talking about lipstick. Lets talk about the elephant in the room…THOSE SHORTS are ghastly. Katiue, PLEASE, just THINK before you leave the house. Auditing will not reduce your thighs no matter what Tom says.

Now Suri: yes, a vibrant red is a good choice for that outfit BUT, you are 5. Go to school, climb a tree, have some fun.

You can say what you want, but who wears lipstick and hair not tied back to a gym class? I mean, HUH? Not even adults do that.

She is holding a vogue magazine. Siiiigh.

At least her parents are doing better than your parents if your think that using the word prostitute and a 5 year old in the same sentence is OK. Grow up people, have your children and raise them the way you want. Many children play dress up and it is OK without sick people making it into a big deal.

27. Nina Mike

I dont think that wearing what you want is the same as doing what old people do, so when it comes to clothes i think kids should be free to have taste but that has nothing to do with letting kids do what… old people do. What if she wants to try drugs tomorrow, cause she saw it on tv?