Taylor Armstrong Explains Daddy’s Death To Daughter

Taylor Armstrong Explains Daddy's Death To Daughter

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills veteran Taylor Armstrong has been able to protect her 5-year-old daughter Kennedy from the gruesome details surrounding her father’s suicide last month – until now.

The 40-year-old reality TV starlet opens up to Entertainment Tonight about how she finally broke the devastating news to her precious daughter and – perhaps more shocking – the extent of the alleged abuse she suffered during her marriage to Russell.

Taylor – who filed for divorce from her venture capitalist husband in July – reveals that she broke the news gently to her young daughter, who wasn’t initially aware of her father’s passing.

“I just told her Daddy got sick and he died,” she explains tearfully during her interview with ET‘s Nancy O’Dell, “and we could pick a star in the sky that could be daddy and that she could talk to him every night.”

During the interview, Taylor also divulges details about her abusive relationship with her late husband.

“He grabbed me by the neck and shoved me against the wall and he said, ‘If you ever make my children a pizza without a vegetable again, I’ll kill you,’” she claims.

“He would grab me by one side of the hair on my head and bang the other side of my head against the car,” she tearfully discloses. “He would say to me, ‘I’m afraid I’m going to kill you one day.’”

She also recounts the night that her estranged husband was found dead, sobbing,
“As I was laying in the street screaming, I realized that my little girl was there and I had pull it together to get her out of there.”

Tune in tonight to watch Taylor’s riveting interview with Nancy O’Dell on Entertainment Tonight.

Filed under: Taylor Armstrong

Photo credit: Fame

1. Janna

Entertainment Tonight is no place to be discussing the suicide of your daughter’s father. There are obviously no depths to which this woman will not sink.

2. Elizabeth

What has she done to her face? Why do women think this is a good look? Her lips are frightening.
    I feel for the daughter.

I agree with Janna, the man is not cold yet. geez SMH

4. Lauren

So sad :(

5. Maxie

He is now the new poster man for wife abuse. Instead of Chris Brown, Y not
    Since Mr. Armstrong is Dead. He can not defend himself. Why not cancel the
    Show, and while she was doing last season she was being beaten by her husband
    Why deism’s she speak up than? Of course a 5 year old would like to hear that
    Her dead dad beat his mom !

And Russell isn’t here to defend himself… low Taylor low. Take the high road!

He isn’t here to defend himself because he KILLED HIMSELF! He lost all chances to defend himself by taking his own life. Everyone suddenly feels sorry for him because he is dead….at his own hand. If he were alive he would be vilified but seeing as he chose to leave his children and family with this devastation I have absolutely no sympathy for him. If he really did abuse her like this he was a bad, bad man.

• Janna

I don’t think anyone feels sorry for HIM. I don’t feel sorry for HER either. ((No one will ever know if what she is saying about her husband is true, so at this point, I guess she can say anything she wants, because it can’t be challenged.))

I feel sorry for that poor little girl who has these warped parents.

• Janna

I feel sorry for that poor little girl who has these warped parents.

8. Dana

She is disgraceful. Bashing her barely dead husband?! Famewhore much?

She’s a class act. *cough*

10. AnnieMouse

I just can’t fathom what that poor girl is going through…I lost my father to suicide when I was 22 and it was extremely difficult…I can’t imagine how I would have dealt with it at 5 years old!! I miss my father greatly and wish I could have had more time with him…poor Kennedy had far less time to enjoy. Regardless of what kind of man he was he will forever be her Daddy and at 5 that’s all she knows. Hopefully she was shielded from the ‘ugly’ of her parents’ relationship and that Taylor can get her act together and grow up to be able to raise her daughter, not the other way around!

Am I the only one here who is a little disturbed by the fact that she told her daughter her father just got sick and died? Surely you don’t have to tell a 5-year old every detail of their father’s suicide, but ”he got sick and died” seems a little weird..

• Iris

Totally agree with you! First thing I thought of when I saw the line. She doesn’t have to know…yet. But she will one day and it would be weird to remember that ‘daddy got sick’ and to find out he killed himself.

12. Ondine

Your photo shows how incompatable they were. She and the daughter are very well dressed yet his shirt’s not even tucked in and he’s swearing jeans and sneakers w/ no laces. Yeah, they had a lot in common — his money and a daughter to shore up the mother’s entitlement to that money. It must have been pretty bad in that home for him to take his life to escape the situation they created.