Giuliana Rancic Is “Nervous As Hell” About Third IVF Treatment

Giuliana Rancic Is "Nervous As Hell" About Third IVF Treatment

Giuliana Rancic is about to undergo her third IVF treatment in her quest to get pregnant, so some jittery nerves are to be expected. In tonight’s final episode of Giuliana & Bill, the E! host and husband Bill Rancic share some of their concerns before they embark on this latest round of procedures.

“I’m nervous as hell,’ she tells Bill in the car as they arrive at the clinic. “Is it too late to turn around?”

The last time Giuliana underwent IVF she suffered extreme sickness but Bill encourages his wife, reminding her that she’s now in much better shape to endure the treatments.

“The last time we did this, at this stage, you were a lot more uncomfortable You couldn’t even walk and were in a lot of pain,” he said. “Now you could run laps. We did it the right way.’

Bolstered by an optimistic report from their fertility doctor, the couple record a video message for their future child. “Future baby boy or girl: Today is the day we go in to conceive you,” Giuliana says.

“You are a follicle right now, and hopefully all will go well and you will become a beautiful embryo and then a baby.”

Filed under: Bill Rancic,Giuliana Rancic

Photo credit: Fame

1. PinkDiva

I really like this couple and my heart has broken each time they have tried for a baby and been faced with the dissapointment & heartbreak of miscarriage or failed IVF. I am sending them positive thoughts & healing energy along with prayers that this round of IVF is successful!! And if this is not meant to be, I hope they are able to fulfill their dreams of a family through other means. Best of luck Bill & Gulianna!!

Some people are blessed with skill, talent or looks that brings them great fortune. Others aren’t. If the ones who aren’t let themselves be as miserable as infertile couples do, the entire world would crash-n-burn.

I mean, at some point isn’t it time to say “This wasn’t meant to be for us”. If most people spent as much time and money chasing something as these people do chasing parenthood, we’d think they were nuts. Not just this infertile couple either, but lots of them. It becomes an obsession. And for people who think “it’s in God’s hand”, well then, I guess God is trying to tell you something.

• Kathy White

It’s always someone too spineless to leave their actual name who make these ridiculous, oversimplified statements. There are few things on earth more worth “chasing” than parenthood. The desire to be a parent is one of the strongest and most natural desires of all human existence. Being a mother or father is one of the most rewarding experiences of all human existence. To compare the effort trying to achieve parenthood with nearly anything else is comparing apples to oranges. These comments are usually made by people who have had no difficulty conceiving and carrying a child to term or by someone with no desire to have children. Anyone who has truly struggled with infertility would understand the willingness of infertile couples to continue undergoing painful, expensive procedures to make it happen. Those who say, “God is trying to tell you something”, what is God telling those who smother their newborn babies (as just a young woman very recently did to her newborn twins)? Those who say, “You should just adopt”, that is an extremely personal choice that is not right for every couple. It is also not the ‘simpler’ solution that so many people seem to think it is. Adopting couples usually have to either 1) shell out up to $30k-$40k for a healthy newborn in a private adoption, where for a period of time, the birth parents can choose to keep the baby and the adoptive parents essentially suffer the loss of a baby; 2) spend even more than that and wait years to have an international adoption approved; or 3) adopt an older and, very often, a child with special needs, through their local children’s services. This is not to say that these situations are not worth every penny and every moment of difficulty, but it is clearly not what every infertile couple can afford or would wish to go through. The choices infertile couples make are so personal and so fraught with emotion, not to mention expensive, that anyone who hasn’t walked in their shoes should just butt out and pray that they are never faced with the heartache of infertility.

• MMLL

SO….I guess then you never had to work at something ??? Everything you achieved you got in the first shot.. ? At least they are working towards something and trying to make their dream a reality… or do you think it is better that when things are difficult they put their hands up in the air and give up? Let me tell you from someone who had a hard time getting pregnant with my daughter (I did not do IVF but I did IUI) she is 100% worth the pain, costs, discomfort and heartache….

• Lizzie Q

GO figure you’d have an @ss give advice. Who granted you the right to say God is giving you your answer by not giving you kids. Very insensitive. Hope GOD doesn’t tell you something later on… MR OR MISS Anonymous.
      As for me, I wish them the best… wether they are able to concieve or adopt! Wanting a child this bad brings hope that they’ll be great parents! Good luck Julianna and Bill!

That was all out rude! It takes “skill”?? What do they have to do? Stand on their heads?! That is their belief system. If it is what pulls them through and gives them the comfort they need while going through this process, then so be it. People have a variety of belief systems they rely on to get them through somehow. Good thing, too. Otherwise, people may easily give up on life and themselves.

We are fortunate, today, to have the scientific ability to help ourselves conceive children. Don’t knock it. If we also didn’t have science, we would probably see more women dying at child birth like when we did not have hospitals and scientific technology. I am open to those who do not support IVF. By all means, if it is not your personal choice to use IVF, then good for you. That is your personal choice and I hope you have a beautiful family all your own. This is their choice. You don’t have to bring religion into it by saying “I guess God is trying to tell you something.” That’s just ignorant. Let them do their life. Support them. That is the sustenance to life.

4. Angie

i’m rooting for you Giuliana and Bill!!! I have my beautiful 18 month old Daughter thanks to IVF. It was 5 long years of emotional suffering but it finally worked. Lots of Baby dust your way!!!!****

5. Mrs. P

I have done 6 IVFs (3 miscarriages) and am currently 15 weeks pregnant! I wish them the best of luck. And for those of you that say “it is in God’s hands” or they should do this or that…well my answer for both is whether you believe in God or not…We were given free will to make our own decisions and this is their decision.

6. Micaela

They are in my prayers. Blessings to this couple on their journey to parenthood.

7. A

I think its ok to have conflicting feelings with this. I think they are a great couple. I want them to have kids. Yes, I do think they have been not keen on other options, and other people have noticed that. They have the time and money to do this, so let them. I just hope they don’t give up on it. I hope no one who wants kids gives up on it because they can’t have children. That’s sad.

Somebody needs to tell her to put on some weight if she wants IVF to work. Her body is so skinny, it’s almost in starvation mode which will not support an embryo. EAT gf, we all want to see you succeed this time!

Who the heck are you to say infertile couples are “chasing” I take it you haven’t tried to have kids or if you have them it didn’t take long to have them! There are ALOT of reasons couples are infertile! I have PCOS and a rare cancer like illness called LCH. I had 2 kids but it took 3 1/2 Years and clomid failing to get pregnant! Some believe in the cycle of evolution. Men and women were put here to get married and have children! It’s not always so easy! It hurts and it’s a king journey! If you really want a child to start a family you van just give up it say this is how things are meant to be! Thanks to modern medicine many couples can have the help they need getting pregnant! Living a childless life when you want a family can create a huge emptiness in your life! I wish them the best of luck! Last time I checked were always supposed to “chase” our dreams!’

10. Mrs Lee Mack

i love to follow this couple journey to have a baby. i am living half-way around the world from this couple but the i face the issue as they are. I love their positive attitude and determination. When i feel down about everyone else’s popping babies around me, i’ve always think of this couple. Bill is very supportive and Giuls is so fun to watch! warm wishes from Malaysia..hope both of you will stay strong. i love the shows btw..:> they are amazeballs!

11. TTC for 4 Years

It is very easy to judge someone by what you see, hear and read through the media. But the very fact that this couple has suffered infertility makes me heart ache. My husband and I have been trying to conceive (TTC) for almost 4 years now and it is heartbreaking. It is also very expensive. Adoption is a great option, for those who choose that. But, that being said, adoption isn’t a cure for infertility. Yes, they can adopt and receive a baby and become parents, but as a woman who has that biologically driven and unconditional desire to be a mother, adoption will never be the same. Yes, you will still love that child, but caring it inside of you, giving birth to it, and having it be YOUR genetics is simply something that isn’t cured by adoption. Whatever each couple chooses to do is their own choice. As a woman who is still struggling with fertility, my heart goes out to G&B, and all the other TTC couples out there. Don’t listen to the negativity… those who cast judgement and assumptions clearly have not been in these shoes.

12. TTC for 4 Years

It is sad when someone makes a comment that is so harsh about a couple going through infertility as that one anonymous commenter did. It is obvious that she/he does not 1) know what it is like to be infertile themselves and/or 2) does not have a great deal of empathy towards others. I wish the Rancics every bit of happiness and hope they finally get the child they have been longing for, so their suffering ends soon and they can regain their lives back. It IS suffering when you are dealing with failed treatments and miscarriages and people should be respectful of that!!!

14. Kangatsi

I believe and know that for them there are better days to come. No one should lose hope until the achieve what they want and this couple will get there I just know it. Things will be better in the end and if not then it’s not the end!

15. Wendy

I really admire Bill and Guiliana for giving Ivf another go,as a 41 year old mother of a 21 month old boy conceived through ivf I know how harrowing the whole process can be. It is heart breaking too as in Feb this year we transferred the last remaining frozen which resulted in a positive pregnancy!!

Happiness soon turned to despair when at the 7 week viability scan our little bubba had failed to even strt growing :-( its called a ‘blighted ovum’ the placenta and gesstational sac were all growing hence the hormones and pregnancy symptoms. Our Dr said to wait a week for a ‘natural miscarriage’ nothing so in a few days its off for a d&c.

Am I being greedy for wanting a sibling for our son?? I really believe as we have the technology and finances we should try I feel I got pregnant so why not try again,I really feel for Guiliana I had another blighted ovum (missed miscarriage) in 2009 but a few months later fell pregnant on a frozen cycle with our son William.I wish her and Bill all the best and it is so good to see all of the lovely posts in suppport of their desire to have a child.