Kourtney Kardashian Talks Breastfeeding & Marriage On The Today Show!

Kourtney Kardashian Talks Breastfeeding & Marriage On The Today Show!

Move over Kathy Lee Gifford!

Keeping Up with the Kardashians star Kourtney Kardashian spent the earlier portion of today (October 6) appearing as a co-host on NBC’s Today show alongside veteran host Hoda Kotb.

During her interview with Hoda, Kourtney reveals that she is no longer breastfeeding her sweet 1-year-old son Mason.

“Mason is 21 months,” the 32-year-old reality TV star explains. “I think I stopped early because my sisters said it’s time, it’s time. I did 14 months, but I think next time I would do two years. I don’t know, I miss it! I loved it and there’s always, like, the debate over what kind of milk to do. The first two years, milk is so important for their brains and for growing.”

When asked about how she feels about seeing her sweet son pictured in the tabloids, Kourney replies that is feels a “little bit weird.”

“My grandmother gets so excited and Scott’s parents get so excited but um, it is a little bit weird.” the star admits. ” but I said it is like a little bit weird just because then everyone does feel like they know him so well and everytime we see people, ‘I love your son, I love your son!’ It’s sweet but then it’s like okay, he’s just a little baby or if people say hi to him on the street and stuff he just doesn’t know like how do you know him.”

When probed about the possibility of finally tying the knot with her boyfriend and Mason’s father Scott Disick, Kourtney reveals that the timing just isn’t right for the twosome just yet.

“I think we both just feel like it’s not the right time,” she says. “I don’t know when the right time is or what that means. I think just how our relationship has evolved and then I got pregnant. I didn’t just want to go get married because I was like, if I wasn’t pregnant I wouldn’t go get married. I don’t know.”

Be sure to check out Kourtney’s co-hosting skills on the Today show!

Filed under: Kourtney Kardashian

Photo credit: INFphoto.com

I love that she intends to nurse for 2 years with future children. Go Kourtney!

2. Fergette

Yay for nursing!

I would have continued nursing my son (I did for 13 1/2 months) but when he was almost 9 months old, I got pregnant again! It was a little hard on me physically in the early stages of pregnancy and nursing a baby but it was well worth it! My son actually self weaned to some degree, he just seemed ready…I think my milk was changing at that point too, so it just worked for us. Next baby is due in less than 2 months and I definitely plan on nursing closer to 2 years!

“um, it is a little bit weird.” the star admits. ” but I said it is like a little bit weird”

“It’s sweet but then it’s like okay, he’s just a little baby or if people say hi to him on the street and stuff he just doesn’t know like how do you know him.”

She must not have nursed as a baby at all….LOL

I really don’t think she minds her family being in the tabloids. On her blog she posts a lot of paparazzi pictures of herself and Mason too…

6. Anonymous 2

I hate to nitpick, but it’s… I don’t know a bit irksome to see the same adjective used about him (or any kind) in the same article. And you guys tend to overuse the word “sweet.” Like this person’s “sweet son” and that person’s “sweet son.” Just a small, small, small critique hat I hope is taken in the light nature that I am intending for it. =)

I don’t care for the Kardashian’s, but there is nothing wrong with what she said on the program and she does seem like a very good mother to her son. I have to respect her for that. I just wish she would let him wear gym shoes to the park instead of loafers all the time. The loafers are cute, but they don’t give enough support for playing on playground equipment. I also wish she and her sisters would tone down the mascara – they’re beautiful girls, why the need for tarantula/Tammy Faye Baker eyes?