Mom-To-Be Beyonce: “I Still Rock My Stilettos!”

Mom-To-Be Beyonce: "I Still Rock My Stilettos!"

Looking gorgeous in shimmering gold, mom-to-be Beyonce covers the November issue of Harper’s Bazaar alongside the headline, “Sexy & Pregnant.” In the interview the Grammy-winning songstress talks marriage, fashion and – of course – pregnancy!

“It was important to me that I gave myself time to focus on becoming the woman I want to be, building my empire, my relationship, and my self-worth, before I became a mother,” Beyonce, who is married to music mogul Jay-Z, says of the timing of her pregnancy. “Now God has blessed us with the ultimate.”

Together for a decade now, the ‘Single Ladies’ singer reveals that she and Jay-Z wanted to focus on their relationship before rushing right into parenthood.

“We have been together since I was 20 years old. We took our time and developed an unbreakable friendship before we got married…. I respect him so much; he is a great man and a great artist,” Bey gushes, adding, “We focused three years on our marriage and found that it brought us an even stronger bond and connection. But like anything great and successful in your life, marriage takes hard work and sacrifice. It has to be something both you and your husband deeply want. The best thing about marriage is the amount of growth you have because you can no longer hide from your fears and insecurities. There’s someone right there calling you out on your flaws and building you up when you need the support. If you are with the right person, it brings out the best version of you.”

Due in February, Beyonce says that she loves dressing up her growing belly – in fact, she’s been inspired to create a new line of maternity wear under her House of Dereon label.

“All I see now are clothes that are flattering on a pregnant woman… It’s been so exciting for me! I love figuring out designs that still make me feel edgy and sexy while pregnant. Flowy fabrics are always flattering… but I still rock my stilettos.”

While some stars share their baby news on Twitter or via an official news release, Beyonce explains that she wanted to do something different. In the end she let her bump do the talking, proudly revealing it on the red carpet at last month’s VMAs.

“I put a lot of thought into how I wanted to unveil it,” she admits. “It was important to me that I was able to do it myself… I was extremely nervous. It was the toughest red carpet I ever did. I didn’t want a crazy picture or gossip story to break the news… so I decided to say nothing and proudly show my baby bump. I felt it was more powerful to see the love and enthusiasm as opposed to saying anything.”

Filed under: Beyonce,Expecting

Photo credit: Harper's Bazaar

She is so self-absorbed.

2. Shanice

She’s too adorable for her age. lol

Congrats to B on her new bundle of joy! :)

4. Julita

as much as i love Bey, i think ive heard too much about this pregnancy already, dont you people think she has been making it a bit too public??

• Saphire

It’s funny how Beyonce is TOO PUBLIC over her soon to be baby but didn’t want the PUBLIC to know how her relationship with JAY was? I sure didn’t see any AFFECTION during the relationship/marriage? Ya didn’t see them holdinf hands, kissing, or anything intimate in public? It’s so funny how, JAY 3 or 4 years ago had a son by another woman and had an affair with another woman who supsicously died a year ago? Beyonce seems like she is OK wit it? Beyonce WAS the one and IS the one who is DUMB and DESPERATE to still be with CAMEL BUSTED LOOKIN, CHEATER, FOUL, JAY Z, HUGH?????

Let Bey keep rockin those stilletoes and tyring to be all cute. It’s not cute a pregnant woman in SILLY STILLETOES like SILLY ALICIA KEYS did when she climbed her azz on a piano and stood on it? I guess woman like that don’t think of how dangerous it is to wear any type of heels WHILE PREGNANT? I’m sorry, Beyonce is OVERRATED and even when this baby comes here in December, she will still dress with skimpy played out leotards, dance raunchy, and will never tone done and be mature.

• Shanice

SMH. You REALLY don’t like her, do you?
        Rumors come and rumors go. No proof that the boy, who is allegedly 10 now, is Jay’s.
        No proof that Jay and that woman ever had a fling.
        No proff that she was killed. She died the same way my father died, aneurysm. It’s a natural death.
        And of course, being her first pregnancy, she’s married, her life is good, she’s gonna be excited about it and share, especially after all the years of false pregnancy rumors.
        Alicia hadn’t been rocking stilletoes since she was a kid, has she? Those are the most comfortable shoes for Bey, she’s said so herself. Flats her feet.
        Get over YOURSELF.

5. LaKesha

This is her very first child–celebrity or not–all mothers make a big deal of their very first pregnancy. Congratulations Beyonce…this child will be blessed!

Count the number of times she says I, me, and my.

It would be to public if we knew the sex of the baby saw a sonogram and were invited in the delivery room….first timers are always giddy as they should be….:)