Sarah Jessica Parker’s Backpack Boy

Sarah Jessica Parker's Backpack Boy

Sex and the City star Sarah Jessica Parker was seen with her son James Wilkie, who turns 9 this month, in New York City on Monday (October 17). The mother-son duo were all smiles and deep conversation as they walked to school this morning.

The 46-year-old actress recently opened up about being a regular mom who loves to “take the kids to school.”

I never wanted to be a celebrity; I never wanted to be famous,” SJP said. “And in my daily life, I work really hard not to trade on it in any way. I am so desperately worried about anybody saying, ‘She cut in line’, or ‘She took our table’, or ‘She got out of jury duty’, or ‘She doesn’t do her own grocery shopping’. The things that bother me are counter to who I am and the way I live. It’s not like it’s hard to be decent and respectful and well-behaved. I do wait in line, and I do take the subway, and I do do my own grocery shopping, and I do take the kids to school.”

SJP and her husband, Matthew Broderick, are also parents to 2-year-old twin daughters Tabitha and Marion.

Filed under: James Wilke Broderick ,Sarah Jessica Parker

Photo credit: INFphoto.com

1. Jules

How come this kid never looks like he grows??? He has looked the same for ever and a day….. WEIRD

What a stupid thing to say. Would you actually look at your friends and say that about their child out loud, right to their face? If the answer is no, then how about you don’t internet-bully either? Has it occurred to you that maybe he’s going to be short even when he’s fully grown? I guess you think that’s WEIRD, tough guy.

He’s overdue for a haircut.

3. Grace

I like SJP, but if she was a regular mom then she wouldn’t just be walking her son to school, she would have to drag her other two kids along with her (without the help of a nanny) every day.

4. Jules

I am not saying anything mean – shoot – All I am saying is he isn’t changing at all. It looks like he is frozen in time. I am not talking about his height at all – Look at his face that isn’t changing either. At least I put my name on here Mr. Anonymous – and I am a woman not a man.

I don’t think Matthew Broderick has changed much. Besides the colour of his hair, but age does that. This kids just got good genes. Oh and thoses sleeves look a little short, that must mean hes growing :)

• Anonymous1

Again with the “anonymous” vs. “real name” debate! You are just as anonymous posting as Jules as anonymous is.

• Julia Roberts

Wow, congratulations, you signed your “name” to your comment. How exactly does that make you not anonymous? Did this site require you to show your ID to prove who you were before signing in? And there are lots of people named Jules in the world. How do we know which one you are? What’s your last name? If it’s a common last name, will you tell us more information about yourself so we can be assured we know which one you are? Without that info., you are no less anonymous than someone who actually signs as “Anonymous” or me (guess what – my name’s not really Julia Roberts).

As for your ridiculous comment, it’s ridiculous. You cannot tell if someone hasn’t changed when the photos are taken from different angles and distances, in different lighting, etc. Learn a little bit about photography, as well as about child development, before making such ignorant comments.

• Jules

I think the response was a good one. If you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face, why is it okay to say it here? That seems like a good idea to me.

I wouldn’t be patting myself on the back about not being anonymous just because you typed in a name. Using a name, any name, on this forum is the very same thing as using the name Anonymous. See? I just used YOUR name.

This is a forum for opinions. If you don’t like someone’s opinion, DON’T READ IT!!!! Anonymous @9:57 – lighten up!

6. Get With It

James is a really beautiful boy! His parents are so theatrical, I believe he is every bit so into it to! He looks like he could go on stage or do a movie in a heartbeat!

7. Jules

Good Lord people I never said he was homely. Just hadn’t changed much over the years. Good lord everyone taking it personally. My god. I wasn’t out to hurt him or make fun of him. He just seems not to have changed much. Wow and yes my name is Jule and if you don’t believe me call me 540-353-2858

8. Jules

Call me you beotches! 540-353-2858

9. Cláudia.

This boy is so cute, his one of the most beautiful celebrity baby boys.