Megan Jendrick Welcomes First Child: Daethan

Megan Jendrick Welcomes First Child: Daethan

Congratulations are in order for Olympic swimmer Megan Jendrick and her husband Nathan Jendrick!

The happy couple welcomed their first child, a son named Daethan Jendrick on Wednesday (October 19), Swimming World reports.

Nathan has worked as a personal trainer and Megan is a two-time Olympian, winning the 100 breast in 2000. Megan has plans to be back in the water as early as January to train for the U.S. Olympic Trials.

Thanks for the tweet @celeb_babyscoop, Frank!

Filed under: Births,Megan Jendrick

Photo credit: Google/Twitter

She is ridiculously hot

Totally not digging the name but many congrats to them.

3. Tanya

nathan and daethan? alrighty then.

Congratulatations, your son is now going to have to spend his entire life explaining to people that no, his name isn’t Nathan, and no, he doesn’t have a cold.

5. Sophia

Congratulations, that’s great news, but that name has to be one of the tackiest I’ve ever heard :S

I wouldn’t say tacky, just… uh… unusual. Amanda Beard, gold medal swimmer, named her son Blaise… maybe the chlorine has something to do with what these women name their kiddos?

• Sophia

Yeah I guess tacky wasn’t a very nice thing to say, it’s just the spelling and the fact that it rhymes with dad’s name that irks me. Haha, yeah, brings a whole new meaning to “there’s something in the water”.

Oh dear… The name sounds like Jason with a lisp, and with Nathan as the father’s name… I wonder what they were thinking?!

I’ve heard worse names – Rumer, Apple, Pilot Inspektor, Bear, Bronx, Sparrow, Hermes, True, Ever, Zuma, Scout, Draco, Hopper etc etc etc….

I like the name. Different but I like it. Sure beats all of the so-so common names on all of the “baby top 10″ lists!

9. Jamie-in-207

I don’t know, my neighbors are Tom (Tommy) and Tammy. and they have a son (Tim) Timmy. Makes Nathan and Daethan seem worlds apart. Congrats to them even if some don’t like the name they picked. Isn’t my child and I’m sure he will love it!

Clearly certain they made up such a similar name to the father’s only because he must not have wanted a Junior, I facebook’d this name (because everyone has facebook, right?) and determined there are all of 11 people in the world named Daethan. 10 more than I thought. But cheers for unique-ness. And congrats, ofcourse.

Dathan is a biblical name. I don’t like the way she’s chosen to spell it, but I’ve always loved the name.

I think it’s a cute name too. I don’t mind the spelling either way. But I imagine she added the ‘e’ to avoid being just a single letter away from DH name

Cute! Congrats!

13. sassygirl45

Congratulation.

The names Jennifer and John used to dominate the list. Nowadays names are going out of control, especially in Hollywood. The Madisons and the Jaydens will soon go to college.

By the way, I used to have a crush on her when I was a teenager in the early 2000′s. I saw her swim in the Sydney Olympics on TV, she used to be Megan Quann.

I used to work with her father in law. He always called his son Nate, so maybe thats what they were basing the rhyme on since Daethan and Nate dont conflict. . And congrats!

No pics of her son?? Come on! Want to see the cutie! Congratulations Mrs. Jendrick!

I stumbled upon this website the other day, it’s got some really cool names!!! It’s www dot nameyourbabylikeacelebrity dot com.