Melissa Gorga: “I Have No Cooks, No Nannies, No Housekeepers”

Melissa Gorga: "I Have No Cooks, No Nannies, No Housekeepers"

If you’ve ever tuned into an episode of the Real Housewives Of New Jersey, you are no stranger to the constant drama that occurs between Melissa Gorga and her sister-in-law Teresa Giudice. The reality TV star sits down with Hollybaby.com and opens up about protecting her children against their aunt’s erratic behavoir, her off-screen family life and what’s important as a parent.

Melissa – who is married to Teresa’s brother Joe – claims that she hasn’t had an easy relationship with her famous sister-in-law from the get go and says that the on-screen fighting during the filming of the reality series hasn’t helped their situation one bit.

No matter what may be going on her life, Melissa feels that it is important to shield her three children Antonia, 6, Gino, 4 and Joey, 1 from their aunt’s destructive ways.

“You try to cover it up as much as you can and for as long as you can,” she reveals. “There’s no reason why a young child should see their aunts or uncles or any grown adults not being able to get a long. They just want to love their aunts. The want to love their uncles. So to bring them in is selfish and it’s mean. Just to make them side with you, it’s terrible.”

Although things may be socially unstable for the two on-screen, Melissa works hard at maintaining presence and balance for her family off-screen, which can prove hard due to her demanding filming schedule.

“It’s difficult for me because I’m so used to being with them 24 hours a day,” she admits. “Now I have to take myself away sometimes and have a babysitter step in. It’s hard to let go because I want to be there for every single thing.”

“I have no cooks, no nannies, no housekeepers, none of that,” she shares. “I like doing it myself. If it ever gets to a point where I’m completely overwhelmed, then of course you have to. For now I’m good.”

When Melissa is not busy filming the show, she takes advantage of the time she can spend with her children.

When I’m home, we’re all sitting down together. We eat dinner together. My husband has a lot of the same values as I do, which works great for us because we teach our children a lot of respect for their parents and to spend time with us. We don’t just plop them in front of a TV and walk away. We want to talk to them. We sit around the dinner table together every single night.”

No matter what’s going on in her life, Melissa maintains that she is happy and has the family she has always envisioned her herself.

“I’ve always said I want three children,” she reveals. “That was my number whether they were three girls, three boys. I have the boys, I have my one little princess, so I’m happy.”

Continue reading Melissa’s exclusive interview and watch a short clip at Hollybaby.com!

Filed under: Melissa Gorga

Photo credit: Flynet

1. AnnieMouse

Sorry Melissa, not buying it…there’s no way that house is kept up with with three children and a full ‘working’ schedule…just not possible. Who cares if you have a housekeeper (I know I would!!)?! Just own up or you look just like the other liars on the show!

2. jstblessed6

I like Melissa:} with a house and 3 kids you need someone to help out so what!!! I just want her and Teresa and the rest of the family to get along. Her and Teresa need Nannie’s those houses are huge. On display On display Melissa really can sing one day we may see u on the grammys

3. Erica2006

She most have gotten rid of them, she said she had a Nannie on an episode, that family doesn’t get a long for stupid reasons, the main one being Treasa’s husband. I just dont think Tersea and her brother shouldnt be going through this because of her husband, the kids are in the middle(Gia is oldest enough to know what’s going on) this whole she is copying me crap is stupid as well( who gives what each of you do with your kids), their is not such thing as being orginaial these days.

i thought they showed the nanny in a few of the episodes? it doesn’t matter but just admit it!

5. Porter

Love her.

6. Janna

I don’t watch the show, but I just looked up her home and I’m not really buying this. This house is 13,000 square feet. How on earth would one person to even be able to keep that house clean on their own? Just vacuuming and cleaning the floors would take a week.

Maybe she doesn’t have a live-in housekeeper, but I don’t think she can possibly be keeping that place clean on her own. And there are definitely landscapers involved in maintaining the outside.

There was a nanny (or someone) in the backseat of the car when they went to Teresa’s for Christmas. Who cares if she has nannies or housekeepers just don’t pretend you don’t if actually you do.

She is lying in one of the episodes she says she has a nanny

I know she had a nanny when her youngest son was born but since hes a year now, maybe she doesnt have them anymore. But she did say above when it gets too hectic than she will have one. So that doesnt mean shes lying. Also Teresa said she didnt have any nannies one episode but then again her mom was at her house 24/7 helping. I dont think its a bad thing your mom helps out, but dont pretend you dont have any help at all lol

10. blech

Right, the woman in the care with you on Christmas Eve was just hitching a ride. She also admitted in a talking head session that she has nannies. Lying liars that lie have trouble keeping up with their stories.

If you wanted to protect your children and keep family harmony then why did you go on a reality show? Oh, I forgot, to trash your SIL for a little bit of money and “fame”. #looser

This chick is such a liar . She believes her own lies. If you will lie about your race just to feel accepted, you will lie about anything..

Why does she tell all this bull? I believe she use to have two nannies and a house keeper. During filming she has one for sure. why not own it?
    Stop trying to manipulate viewers!! Do you not know who you are? Or do you just not like your real self, the way we don’t like the real you?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why on earth if you dislike your sister-in-law are you making her relevant. Why would you talk about her parenting as if your the queen bee of mothers. Get over yourself. if Caroline would not have brought up the fact that she felt that Teresa was using Gia regarding the song she sang for her and your husband you would not be bringing that up. I think that you all do your best as mothers there is no reason to trash someone about their parenting. Get over yourself your just a horrible person. You want so much attention its unreal “oh baby I want diamonds on my mic” get a clue and you lie so much……..

Oh Please, Teresa also led everyone to believe she does it “all by herself”. It’s impossible! Teresa’s mamma is her “nanny, cook, housekeeper”. Who watches Melissa’s kids when she is in California taping Entertainment Tonight? Who cleans all her marble floors and dusts that entire house? She is not hiring a local 17 year old teen. There is more to the story. I hate being lied to.

15. Pittsburgh Fan

Is she serious? Does she think the public is dumb. Melissa was on camera putting her makeup on telling her sister they had a nanny because her husband could afford it. So real women who run their houses disrespect that so she doesn’t have a nanny now. This woman is as phoney as a $3 bill. Someone tell her to pick whether she wants to be stupid or evil. Both are not working out for her.

YES! I was thinking the samething. They were getting ready to go out and she was doing her make up talking to her sister. something came up about Joe’s and Teresa’s mother watching Teresa’s kids so much because Teresa’s had to let her nanny go with the financial situation. Then she stated that it was fine cause her and Joe could afford to pay their nanny.
      She much have someone watching her kids now cause I follow her on twitter and she and Joe are always writting about her singing here and there all the time or going to this event or that event. I like richie and kathy they are the only ones that “seem” like they haven’t let this reality tv thing go to their heads.

Come on Melissa! You had a Nanny on Christmas Eve. Dont lie to us!

This bitch is a liar ..can’t stand her…oh and she made fun of Teresa saying “she can’t afford a nanny, my mother in law is her nanny” and she absolutely has a nannies don’t let her fool you like she has the rest of the ladies

She’s lying!!!! Didn’t she bash Theresa for not bucking up to pay for a nanny when she uses her mother to babysit?!?

19. Meg

You are full of BS.Christmas Eve your nanny was in the back of the car when you were on the way to Teresa’s..Remember the writing came up “Melissa”s Nanny”.
    You are a liar and a fake. You think we don’t watch. Little miss prissy.You are so annoying with your lies.

20. Meg

On TV for all to see.Nanny in back of car Christmas Eve show on way to Teresa’s.
    By the way keep your clothes on and tell your husband to do the same media whore.

What a relief, now I can sleep! Maybe she won’t be putting out anymore records claiming to be a “singer.” Ironic, she always was lip-synching. And copied her dance moves.

Melissa lies all the time.
    Teresa is the most honest of them all.
    Caroline is poison ivy.
    Kathy please go away.

Can’t stand Melissa or Joe. Melissa copies Teresa and then claims it the other way. She must always follow in Teresa’s tracks. She’s unoriginal.

She needs to go away for good. She’s full of it and ruined the show. She should focus on her family, not just convey the image that she’s focused on her family. She’s too into herself.

This woman thinks she is the perfect mother and wife. No such thing as a perfect any of those honey so sit back and shut the f**k up. Her and Teresa are just as bad as each other, they meet up and kiss hello and how are you, small talk etc and then it goes to another shot of them talking to the camera backstabbing each other. Neither one of them is a better person than the other. The fakeness is soooo evident in them both, it’s almost like Melissa wants to be like Teresa but the “better” version. As for that singing career, omg is her husband and those “producers” tone def? Seriously, they set her up to be the joke of all time. She can’t sing, point, blank, period. Please Melissa do us all a favour and stick to being a full time mother and wife, that seems like the only things you could possibly do right.