Michelle Williams’ Daughter Would Love For Her “To Grow Out The Cropped Hair”

Michelle Williams' Daughter Would Love For Her "To Grow Out The Cropped Hair"

Michelle Williams is British Elle’s cover girl for the December issue. The actress, who is promoting My Week With Marilyn, talks about her pixie-styled haircut.

She confesses that one of the reasons she has kept her short locks is because of 6-year-old Matilda’s late father, Heath Ledger.

She poignantly points out, “What Matilda would love is for her mom to grow out the cropped hair, though that’s unlikely to happen any time soon. I cut it for the one straight man who has ever liked short hair and I wear it in memorial of somebody who really loved it.”

Williams adds, “I’ve really grown into it – I feel like myself with short hair. And it’s been a really long time since I had long hair, five years. Of course, the only people who like it are gay men and my girlfriends. Straight men across the board are not into this hair!”

In another interview for Britain’s OK! magazine, Williams says since Ledger’s death in 2008, she is feeling more herself these days.

I’m much happier now and enjoying my life again. I try to make a happy home for my daughter and my own life is enriched so much by her spirit and being able to watch her and teach her. It’s taken a while for me to feel really good again and to think more freely and just be myself. I have so much joy in looking after Matilda that I don’t even worry that much about myself anyway.”

Filed under: Michelle Williams

Photo credit: British Elle

1. Heather

Wow what a gorgeous picture of her!

2. Lou x

Aaw…this really got me…i love how she talks about Heath, she has obviously always thought very highly of him, despite their break-up.

3. Elizabeth

I think they would have gotten back together. They seemed so perfect. I miss Heath… I’m sure he would have won an Oscar at some point in his career. A lot of talent…

I think her hair is cute, I wish I could pull off that kind of haircut, but don’t think it would look right on me!

I am really glad that she and Matilda are in the world.

6. heath

why does she keep on trying to take a free ride to fame off heath’s death? she wouldn’t talk after she dumped him! and now she wants to talk about how she does her hair up for him, years after her famous ex boyfriend dies. she wasn’t even with him at time of death, and now she’s trying to act like she was. how conveniant for her. she’s getting better than the Kardashian’s!

Perhaps Michelle mentions Heath in her interviews quite often, but Heath is her only daughter’s father, it’s only natural for her to talk about him (and have you ever thought that maybe she gets asked about Heath every time?)

In fact, I think that it is very brave of her to speak out about her deceased ex, and be honest about her past. She seems to be a very nice person and an excellent single mother, especially since we don’t see that in Hollywood that often.

Yeah, because she certainly isn’t famous and successful and talented in her own right. They just give out Oscar nominations (two!) to the people who are best at keeping themselves in the news. Can’t wait to see the Kardashians at the Oscars!

I love her hair. Emma Watson is wearing the pixie best right now.

8. Micaela

She is rocking that short hair. Luv it on her.

9. E R

Michelle looks beautiful!

10. Elizabeth

I think he got the Supporting Oscar for sentimental reasons only… he should have gotten the Best Actor for Brokeback. He had one coming if he was still here. Wish he was. I loved him in the indie film Candy with Abbie Cornish.

He absolutely deserved one for Brokeback Mountain…that performance was inspired. But if you don’t think that performance as The Joker was worthy of an Oscar, you’re crazy.