Hugh Jackman: My Son Uses Me To Pick Up Girls

Hugh Jackman: My Son Uses Me To Pick Up Girls

Being the child of one of the hottest leading men in Hollywood sure has its perks, especially for Hugh Jackman‘s 11-year-old son, Oscar, who’s starting to reap the benefits of dad’s role as Wolverine in the blockbuster X-Men movies.

“I have heard my son in the past kind of talk to other people about what I do, particularly girls,” Jackman tells Access Hollywood. “He’s right into girls, like around 14-year-old girls.

“He went up to these girls at the beach in Australia and they’re in their bikinis … and he’s just chatting to these girls, and I’m like, ‘Wow!’ And I’m sort of overhearing, and he’s like, ‘Yeah, my dad plays Wolverine,’” Hugh recalls. “He comes running up and he goes, ‘You’ve gotta sign some autographs — now! Now!’

“My son will not let me sign autographs for anyone. He’s like, ‘Why do they want your autograph? This is my time with you!’” the father-of-two explains. “That day, forget it! I was signing autographs, pictures. I felt very strange. I was kind of pimping for my 11-year-old son.”

Unfortunately, the same may not work for Hugh’s daughter Ava, 6. The protective papa already plans to pull out the Wolverine claws as soon as the boys come a knockin’.

“[When Ava starts dating,] that’s when playing a role like Wolverine comes in handy,” says Jackman. “They’ll come by and I’ll casually have the claws in my hand. That would be more effective than a baseball bat!”

Filed under: Celebrity Dads,Celebrity Kids,Hugh Jackman,Oscar Jackman

Photo credit: Flynet

I thought Ava was older than 4?

AWW I love Hugh Jackson!! He’s such a great dad!~!

3. Eva

Ava is six!

4. Sweet

i love this story about Hugh and his son! Hugh is such a good dad. Hugh was blown away about finding this personality in his young son who has gotten past not liking girls! David Beckham mentioned that about Brooklyn once becoming 13. They Dad sometimes are sad as they children grow up to the next levels. Its not always the mommy.

5. Guetimitich

Made my day once once more, fantastic post..two thumbs up!:)

6. Guetimitich

I have been reading this blog for sometime now, however it has taken me a even though to say hello. I wanna say thanks i really take pleasure in your posts

7. Guetimitich

I love you stories and i hope it is possible to maintain them coming. Honestly it’s challenging to find an intriguing blog nowadays.

8. Guetimitich

I have been around for a although now, i consider myself a loyal reader. Just thought i would let you know!

9. Guetimitich

I have been lurking around here for very sometime but i havent made a comment, just thought i would say hello!

10. Guetimitich

I can now trully say that i have been converted into a loyal fan!

11. Guetimitich

Getting my to comment is often tough, but that post was definitly worthy. I just desire to say hi and tell you that i will probably be back

12. Guetimitich

Hey I just wanted to drop a line and say I actually like your website. I have been looking at it for very some time now and i thought it was about time i dropped a comment and said hello.

13. bulging

Some thing about this post made me make this comment. I have been reading this blog for a although now, thanks for the excellent times.

14. neck

Lovely lana, baina izan i inguruan lurking awhile egiteko ez dut lortu, til komentatuz orain inguruan. cheers