Abhishek Bachchan: “All We Want Is A Healthy Child”

Abhishek Bachchan: "All We Want Is A Healthy Child"

The big day is coming up soon for expectant parents Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai, but in a new interview the dad-to-be dismisses rumors that the pair have an 11-11-11 birthday planned for their baby.

“It’s a great piece of fictional writing,” the actor says. “It’s ridiculous to suggest that I’d induce my wife to go through a Caesarean so our baby would be born on a particular day. I just want her to have a healthy, safe and as comfortable a delivery as possible. Whenever God decides our baby is to be born, we’ll welcome him or her with open arms. We still don’t know if it’s a girl or a boy, all we want is a healthy child. And all this about my wife carrying twins is completely untrue.”

With their little one due to arrive sometime this month, Abhishek says that his beautiful wife has been busy preparing the nursery – and adds that he’s been getting ready as well.

“I’ve memorised all books by now (laughs). And I think I’ll be quite a hands-on dad for sure. I think we’ve had a lot of practice with my niece and nephew. Besides, just last year Aishwarya’s had a nephew too. So, I’m all for it.”

Filed under: Aishwarya Rai,Expecting

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News

Who are they??????????

• Elena

Google is your friend. ;)

I must agree with all of the things you said, guys. We haven’t even seen her pregnant, which is actually better for her and her privacy, and now she’s about to give birth. I bet that’s going to be one gorgeous baby! :)

You don’t know who Aishwarya Rai is??? Google is your friend, when you ignore something

2. kimmy23

anistonfan4life@ You sound so ignorant with your comment it’s one thing not to know who someone is, it’s another thing to make a idiotic comment that this is an American site so what are these people doing here. I mean were does it say on CBS that they just post on American celebrities? Tilda Swinton, Adele, Sinead O’Connor, duchess Kate, first lady Bruni-Sarkozy, Ricky Gervais, Kate moss, Daniel Craig, Penelope Cruz, Ricky Martin, Colin Farrell and many more are not Americans and have all been feature on this site many times before.

3. Ma Durgajee Ka Arshiwad hai Aishwarya Ko

1+1 2 means twins arrival of twins – Wish Bachchans a very, healthy and happy babies. God bless Bachchans!

They are high profile just not in the U.S.

anistonfan4life@ This is a celebrity baby web site , not an America celebrity baby web site get your fates straight, which means it reports on all celebrities not just the once in the America. If you’ve been to this site before you will see celebrities from Europe, Australia and many other countries as long as they are known in America CBS repost on them.

5. kimmy23

anistonfan4life@ You sound so ignorant with your comment it’s one thing not to know who someone is it’s another thing to make a idiotic comment that this is an American so what are these people doing here. I mean were does it say on CBS that they just post on American celebrities? Tilda Swinton, Adele, Sinead O’Connor, duchess Kate, first lady Bruni-Sarkozy, Ricky Gervais, Kate moss, Daniel Craig, Penelope Cruz, Ricky Martin, Colin Farrell and many more are not Americans and have all been feature on this site many times before.

They will have a beautiful gorgeous baby, whether look like father or the mother. A lucky baby to be born in their family too.

7. Sujinah

Their child will be so gorgeous :)
    And they will be amazing parents also !

For god’s sake, do we have to go through the every time there’s a non-American person featured here?

Everyone needs to read the following:

1. This is an American website.

2. This is also the internet, which means anyone from anywhere in the world can read it and comment (as evidenced by how many incoherent comments this site gets – I mean really, if don’t know English, why bother?).

3. Despite point #2, because this is an American website, the celebs featured here really should be recognizable to most Americans, at least to those Amerians who follows celebrities in general. This means that yes, there are many foreign celebs featured here, because they are also famous in America.

4. I’m dubious as to whether Ms. Rai and her husband qualify as famous here. I know who she is, but I doubt most people do, because no movie she has ever been in has ever had any mainstream success here. And I certainly have no idea who her husband is. It really isn’t unreasonable for people to think that she doesn’t belong on this site.

• good post

Thanks for spelling it out for those who don’t seem to get it. In particular, I agree with points 3 & 4. I think the site would be boring without a bit of international flavour, but come on, let’s see some universally recognizable names — e.g. Nicole Kidman, Kate Winslet, Kate Blanchett, etc. etc. Lately, there have been some UK d-listers featured who are hardly household names.

• Scooter

This is an American website? Ha. I didn’t know that. So many people that comment on here are from Europe so I never considered this to be an American site. It doesn’t matter to me who they feature on here. I’m American but I don’t recognize some of the American celebrities featured on here because there’s a lot of garbage tv that I don’t care to watch. I just skip over the people I don’t care to read about.

right on! esp. point #4.

Thanks for this!!

No clue who these people are and would prefer to see names I recognize – US and international. I have no problem with seeing non Americans (heidi klum, miranda kerr, kate winslet, royal family, etc. etc.), but it doesn’t make sense to post about obscure people that most americans don’t know

anyone looking for dish and gossip on others including Britain’s d-listers or Indian celebs should refer to those countries’ web sites and not expect to see 3rd tier celebs on an American site.

I remember seeing seeing them on Oprah – they seemed to love each other very much. Very down to earth.

Beautiful, gorgeous baby? Not if it looks like him.

11. Krista

I bet their baby is going to be gorgeous!

12. anistonfan4life

who are they ? This is an American website

13. Anonymous 2

I absolutely love his tempered, mature response to that rumor. Also I’m a bit sad that so much time has passed since we’ve heard about their pregnancy that I actually forgot about them! I know they are not as high profile and Beyonce and Jay-Z, but it seems like I heard they were pregnant and now again as she is (apparently) potentially days away from giving birth I hear about them again. Kind of unfortunate, as I could easily stand to see less of Beyonce to hear more about Aishwarya.

• carolyn Robertson

I had hoped to see more of her during her pregnancy, too – she’s so lovely! But they seem to have kept pretty quiet since his father spilled the baby news in the summer. Can’t wait to see the baby once he or she arrives!

Oh trust me they are high profile just not in the U.S. In India their baby is described as the most awaited baby of the year and their wedding was the wedding of the century. In India people are not even following Beyonce’s pregnancy or don’t even care if she’s pregnant. Btw is Beyonce even really pregnant? I heard she’s faking it and has a surrogate or they’re adopting or something, but it’s not good for her image so she’s pretending. Anyone know?

14. Anonymous34

Anonymous 07:39 pm

Your comment your sounds just as ignorant as “anistonfan4life” comment, why should the celebrities just be recognizable to most Americans many people from other counties visit this site also. Abhishek is featured here because she is a celebrity that is going to have a baby and that is one of the only requirement that you need to be featured on this site. Last time I check it was called “Celebrity Baby Scoop “and NOT (American Celebrity Baby Scoop) if people don’t know Abhishek or any other Celebrity is Google them or past the post.

If the baby looks like her it will be gorgeous. Like him? Well, not so much.

Are you kidding? I’m American and I know who she is, she’s very famous world wide but not particularly famous in the states? Why is that? As previous posters have proven American has to be one of the most Xenophobic countries in the world. “If you don’t speak English? Why bother”–ignorant idiot.

She’s so gorgeous and I bet her baby will be too, good for them!

17. NYC Mommy

Actually she has been in some American films including Bride & Prejudice, The Last Region and The Pink Panther 2. she is a wondeful actress. Internationally known.

18. Anonymous 2

Some of you are painfully xenophobic and self-centered. “I don’t recognize her, so she shouldn’t be on this site.” Get over yourselves. There have been several *American* celebs posted here that I never heard of. I’m not about to demand this site cater to me and my knowledge. And I’m willing to bet many of you have not known of plenty of other “American” celebs (of European descent) and you didn’t bat an eye when they and their children were posted.

19. SMH

I’m american too and I know who she is. She is practically one of the most beautiful women in the world!!! And she’s very well known in India maybe not so much here bc she doesn’t do american films.
    It probably won’t happen but it would be lovely if the baby also was born with her piercing blue/green eyes!

It’s really kind of sad when people are arguing the validity of the subject of a CELEBRITY GOSSIP WEBSITE post. Do people really have nothing better to do with their lives? If you don’t know who they are and don’t care, here’s a thought, SKIP THE POST! If your entire life revolves around what celebrities are doing and it’s not your job (meaning you’re not getting paid for this) I think you ought to shut the computer off and re-evaluate your actual life…

• just sayin'

You seem really upset — maybe YOU need to shut off the computer and chill.

• anon

Who are you, the “Comment Police”??

People are entitled to express their opinions and debate with others on all matters mundane, boring and nonsensical. As long as there is no hate or profanity, I’m sure the site moderators don’t have any issues with this.

If you have a problem with the comments, then here’s a thought, SKIP THE POST & COMMENTS and get back to work, school, sleep or whatever you do.