Katie Holmes & Suri Cruise Carry On Having Fun In NYC

Katie Holmes & Suri Cruise Carry On Having Fun In NYC

Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise spent another day enjoying their time in New York City on Wednesday (November 9). The pair were first seen leaving their downtown apartment to head to Suri’s gymnastics class at the Field House in Chelsea Piers. The actress gave her 5-year-old daughter a lift on the way out.

After class Katie walked ahead while Suri, dressed in a furry jacket over a flowing patterned dress, walked out of the building with her nanny.

Later on the Jack and Jill star had an early dinner at Pure Food And Wine.

In an interview this week Katie said she would consider working in a movie with husband Tom Cruise.

She said: “If it is the right thing, I mean why not? He is amazing.”

Filed under: Katie Holmes,Suri Cruise

Photo credit: Fame/Flynet/GSI Media

I have never seen a child do gym without tying her hair back.

Wow – positive comments about Katie and Suri – yay!! Anyway, it’s clearly not just the paps that follow and take pictures – look in the background – it’s just bystanders that are at it too! It looks like Suri really just wants to hide.

I know she is used to it, but I am amazed at how well-behaved Suri is around the paps — i.e. notwithstanding the funny faces she was making, there don’t appear to have been any major temper tantrums, potty mouth, etc.. I have a five year old and he wouldn’t put up with the intrusion for one second.

I know what you mean and I think it’s pathetic – especially where Suri is concerned. I can understand the interest in Katie as an actress, but leave the child alone – it’s like a freak show.

Katie may not be everyone’s favourite actress, but she gets an “A+” as a mom – not sure what parenting standards her critics are using, but along with Jennifer Garner, she’s probably one of the most “hands on” parents on this site.

Sure, she’s got millions for help, nannies, drivers, whatever. But she doesn’t rely on these people 24/7 to raise, play with, and comfort her child. That’s a mom’s job – whether they are a celeb or not.

Katie may have nannies and other assistants at her disposal, but when she is not working she is constantly photographed with her daughter and usually without a nanny. She seems to be a loving mom who genuinely likes to spend time with her daughter instead of pawning her off on nannies like certain other celebs.

5. mia

She does get bashed for everything. A lot of times people even bash Suri, as if she has a say in the way she is raised. We have to remember that this child’s environment and life are NOT her own fault. She knows nothing different than the way her parents are raising her. She also knows nothing different than being followed by the paps all day long. That doesn’t make it right.
    Did you see the video of her walking into their apartment and she yells, “Take a picture of my baby instead!”, as she holds her doll over her face. Sad. But like i said, she knows nothing different than this life. And it’s never going to be her fault for the way her parents are raising her. Sorry for the long post!!

Suri is so cute, but it’s so sad that she’s stalked by the paps. Before, everyone bashes Katie for having a nanny with her….I’m pretty sure the photos were not all taken at the same time. The photos of Katie walking out of the building by herself were taken after she dropped Suri off at gymnastics. Then it looks like the nanny picked Suri up after her class.

Sadly, the pap intrusion is a normal day for Suri. Still, it’s got to be strange for a 5 year old to have a bunch of strange men following you, chasing you and calling out your name. Outside the context of celebrities, this could get you jail time.

???I’ve never seen comments about Suri’s nanny – she looks after Suri when Katie and Tom are not around. Why would people “bash” Katie about using a nanny? Even regular non-celebs have nannies to mind the kids while parents are working. One thing I’ve noticed with Katie is she spends a lot of one-on-one time with Suri when she’s not on set –

Cute, very nice!

8. dee

Why can’t the paps stay away from this little girl.

She’s a 5 year old CHILD…. the paparazzi disgust me with their senseless hunger for a picture, wild boars have more class than those “photographers” who are more like pediphiles in my book.

actually i’m not gonna lie sometimes i’ll still go on runs with my hair down!

suri is not cute any more! katie is total mess!

thats just messed up. how can you say that little girl isnt adorable! I think Katie is one of the better celeb moms! At least she actually takes her kids with her and don’t depend on a nanny to raise them.

hate !!!!

When you live in the public eye the paparazzi are expected. I am sure they are unconcerned about these photographers and magazines that publish the pics. They have security and they both love their daughter so nothing anyone writes or says matters.
    I know as a mother I am unconcerned about what other ppl have to say unless it is my family members.