Madonna Says It’s Important Her Children Admire And Respect Her Partner

Madonna Says It's Important Her Children Admire And Respect Her Partner

In the December issue of Harper’s Bazaar, Madonna says it’s important to her that her children, Lourdes, 15, Rocco, 11, David, 6, and Mercy, 5, “admire and respect” who she’s having a relationship with. Currently dating Brahim Zaibat, she reflects on the man she wants in their lives.

She said, “It’s important that my children admire and respect this partner that I would choose for myself. Especially for my sons, who have their father but they need a male role model as well. So I need to keep this in mind: What is this person modeling to my sons, what kind of man is he, what values does he have, what energy is he giving off? Because they are impressionable. It’s so important.”

The W.E. director also admitted she has to apologize for the unwanted attention fame brings them.

She shared, “The other day, I was out on the street with Lourdes. She wasn’t feeling well and had a fever. She was wearing her tracksuit bottoms and her T-shirt, and she turned around and was like, ‘Ugh, there’s a paparazzi, and I look like s**t.’

I felt for her because, I thought, this is an extra layer. It’s already a challenge to have a teenager, then to have a teenager in New York City, and on top of that, she’s the daughter of someone famous. It’s a lot. I’m aware of it, and I constantly find myself apologizing for it. But it also provokes many discussions with us about what’s real and what isn’t real.”

Education is top priority and with Lourdes working with her on the Material Girl collection, she makes sure her daughter knows what’s important.

She revealed, “I say to Lourdes, school work always comes first, so anything that gets in the way of that falls by the wayside. We put our energy in education.”

Filed under: Madonna

Photo credit: Harper's Bazaar

I really liked the whole interview. She’s very smart, that’s no surprise. I’m glad she’s making Lourdes focus on school first.

2. Mar

Ugh, you know I love you Madge but really, I don’t think a 20some-year-old BF can set an example for your sons, come on now.

Btw she is a great mother.

I have to agree. I respect her perspective, but he’s too young to even know himself well enough to be some kind of role model/father figure for her kids.

Why not? A lot of the people she works with are young too, but she tries to be careful about who she allows to hang out with her children regardless of their age. Just because the guy is 25, doesn’t mean he’s completely devoid of any sort of ethics or has poor character. Whether it’s a boyfriend, co-worker, employee, or friend, she should care about what kind of people she brings near her children.

The example that is being set son is once you hit your 20′s data a really rich old woman how is afraid of looking old and live off her.

Shouldn’t their father be their male role not her boy toy, just like she should be her daughter female role model and not whatever girlfriend Lourdes father is dating at the moment; it seems like someone is taking a jab at her ex?

4. Anonymous34

5. Anonymous34

She is way too broad shouldered for silver dress that from the waist up she comes off looking manly.

I just notes that the silver dress Kate is wearing in the top photo is the same dress Angelina Jolie wore months back at the TOF premiere just a different color. She must really like Angelina Jolie style because this is the second or third dress she copied.

6. Anonymous34