Victoria Beckham & Her Jet Setting Tot

Victoria Beckham & Her Jet Setting Tot

Victoria Beckham and her adorable 4-month old daughter Harper were spotted leaving the Four Seasons Hotel in New York City on Wednesday (November 16).

The designer – who is also mother to sons Brooklyn, 12, Romeo, 9, and Cruz, 6 – held her little one close as she made her way over to an awaiting vehicle that whisked the pair to JFK airport.

The stylish duo were recently spotted enjoying a little retail therapy in Manhattan!

Filed under: Celebrity Moms,Harper Beckham,Victoria Beckham

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News/Bauer Griffin/Flynet

1. Kathy

I’ve always been curious about something that maybe the New York readers of this site can help with. In this pic, there doesn’t seem to be anyone around holding a car seat. Granted, it’s a private car so therefore may have a car seat inside, but you still see pictures of people with young children (who should really be in booster seats) getting into taxis with them. Is it common in large metropolitan cities to not use car seats with young children?

• anon

carseats are not mandatory in public vehicles such as cabs in ny

I’ve been wondering about that as well!

• Janna

“Drivers of yellow medallion taxicabs and for-hire vehicles and their passengers, are exempt from laws regarding car seats and seatbelts. Keep in mind, the TLC encourages everyone in the vehicle to buckle their seatbelts while riding in a cab. There are no Taxi and Limousine Commission rules regarding this, as it is a State exemption. Passengers with children are encouraged to bring their own car seats, which the drivers must allow passengers to install.

*NOTE – Children under the age of seven are permitted to sit on an adult’s lap. “

• Kathy

Thank you for your insight. Coming from a world where we stress “doing up your seat belt” and you can go to the local police to have your car seat inspected to make sure you installed it properly, it seems incredibly weird to me to be able to just pop your child in a car or have him sit on your lap and you aren’t even required to do up the seat belt. And I have driven in a NYC taxicab so I know how crazy they drive! Interesting to see what’s normal in other cities.

• Kathy

• Janna

I agree! It’s strange to me that anyone would take their kid in ANY car without a car seat, especially a NYC taxi.

(By the way, I’m not saying that Victoria Beckham did that.)

2. Alycia

Harper looks just like Cruz

Someone should show Victoria a video what her furcoat was made of and how.

4. Lina

This woman never smiles…..she has the healthy family, all luxuries in the world…obviously nothing helps…sad!

• ChiTownEggHead

I’m a very happy person, love my life but have been told many times that I constantly walk around with a very unhappy look on my face. My mother always says that I look like I am angry at the world. It is not something that is intentional, it is just something that is natural. No matter how many times I try to take notice and smile when I’m out I always end up sporting the same sour look. Yet I am still a super happy, friendly person and a blast to be around. (modest too)

just because she’s not smiling for the paps doesn’t mean she’s unhappy. people say that to me too, i don’t smile a lot but it doesn’t mean anything

5. nicoleC

Harper is so cute !
    But i think she and her brothers are looks like Victoria

6. Luna

Am I wrong in thinking that it’s a bit strange for Victoria to be warm and cosy in a big fur coat, and not so much as put a blanket round Harper? Was the baby not cold? :S

• NYC Mommy

Luna- I totally agree with your comment. I am from NYC and it was raining like crazy yesterday and baby should at least have a hat on. I noticed allot of celebrity babies do NOT have hats on…. I am a big fan of hats and socks on babies at all times in fall and winter especially. It really does keep them healthier… My kids were barely sick as babies.
      If there are any shots of VB today with baby I hope she will have a coat and hat on since it is really chilly in NYC today (could see breathe this morning)

• Anon2

Hats & socks keep them healthier? You’ve got to be kidding me. There are a million people who could prove you wrong on that.

• Sophia

Um, what? How can you deny that keeping a baby’s feet and head warm in cold weather is healthier than not doing so? Everyone, but especially babies because their head is a larger percentage of their body mass than an adult’s, loses heat via their head and obviously a drop in temperature could lead to sickness. I’m not saying it always will, but it’s pretty simple to figure out why it’s a good idea to keep a baby warm in cooler weather.

Because COLD, WET WEATHER doesn’t make anyone sick. Germs, viruses and bacteria do. That’s elementary science right there.

Putting a hat or socks on in cold weather isn’t to keep you from getting sick, it’s to keep you comfortable.

Long exposure to the cold *could* reduce your bodies ability to fight germs, viruses and bacteria, but the walk from a hotel door to a taxi cab is not what anyone would call long exposure.

• Sophia

Even if you were right about a drop in body temperature being a totally fine thing to happen to a baby, why wouldn’t you put a hat and socks on a baby in colder weather anyway simply to keep them warm and comfortable? Why would anyone want their baby to be cold, regardless of whether it might make them sick or not? But like, whatever, I can’t be bothered commenting on this anymore, I just hope that if you have kids you live some place that is warm all year round.

• NYC Mommy

Anon2- who are the millions of people who could prove me wrong???? I am speaking from personal experience as I am actually a mother and not a new one. Babies need hats and socks. It does keep them healthier why wouldnt they?

• Anonymous2

I agree with the above Anonymous poster. Viruses and germs are what make you sick, not being cold.

And since we are probably seeing the extent of which was Harper’s exposure to the weather, I do not think it is horrible that she kept her in a onesie until she got into the vehicle. Her body heat itself would have kept the baby comfortable for that short time.

that fur coat is disgusting.

She is the absolute spit image of Cruz!

9. SMH

School buses by law do not require seatbelts or boosters yet people stick their kids on them everyday & there are plenty of stories of bus accidents. In nyc ur on the go so u cant carry around a booster. An infant though should be in a carrier atleast.
    And l dont walk around smiling either & older people usually will say, “smile lifes not that bad” …..l guess we allshould have a smile 24/7.

I’m German too and I smile all the time. Don’t stereotype.

I can’t get over how cute Harper is!

I think she is a vegetarian. Peta states she does not use real fur in her collections. Put they are inquireing about her handbag line which is snake skin and alligator skin.