Travis Barker: My Kids Can Get Tattoos At Age 16

Travis Barker: My Kids Can Get Tattoos At Age 16

Travis Barker doesn’t care that in California, the law says minors aren’t allowed to get tattoos – even if a parent gives consent. The Blink-182 drummer recently told Hollybaby.com that he’ll let his kids get them as early as age 16. But he does have a few rules…

He might have an easy-going attitude about stepdaughter Atiana Cecelia, 12, and kids Landon Asher, 8 and Alabama Luelle, 5, getting tattoos, but Travis says they’ll have to ask before they get their first ink.

“I just got to approve it. It can’t be a tramp stamp; It can’t be something in bad taste.”

For Travis, it’s the quality of the tattoo that matters most: “It’s got to be done by a good artist, and then I am cool with it!”

Would you be cool with your kids getting tattoos at 16? Let us know what you think!

Filed under: Travis Barker

Photo credit: Fame

1. SMH

I got mine at 14 & yes my mother consented. Had 3 tattoos before my 18th bday!! I dont see the big deal. My mom said it was my body my money & only my regrets (which l have none)!!

Travis Barker is an idiot it’s illegal for a 16 year old to get a tattoo unless their parents co-sign for it

• ChiTownEggHead

He’s not an idiot. I think its actually kinda smart to say that he’ll allow them to get tattoos at 16. Its when parents forbid something that kids want to do it. Maybe by saying they can get tattoos at such a young age they will be less inclined to do so.

If you read the article, it does seem to suggest that by asking their parents if they can get a tattoo, it would mean that the parents would then be agreeing to co-sign for it. Duh.

Can you not read? That is exactly what he said: no tattoos without his permission.
      Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

• Mikaela

I’m sure he’s aware. I think that goes along with “I just got to approve it.”

• Janna

I assume he’ll co-sign for it. So why is he an idiot?

He is stupid. Letting a child do something that early is extremely stupid they are too young and will majority of the time end up regretting it. That is why you need PARENTS to parent the child so they don’t end up making those regrets and mistakes. I remember my friend getting a tattoo at 16 and then at age 20 paying to get rid of all of it. SOOOOOOOOO MANY DAMN PEOPLE REGRET ALMOST EVERYTHING THEY DID BEFORE AGE 18! Help your child not be one of them! Gosh! What a father wow. I think his heart is in the right place but fathers like 100% of the time don’t think things over.

The article says it’s illegal even if the parents do consent (in CA). Yes, they can either find someone who will ignore that or go out of state, but not my point.

3. Nina D.

That’s when my parents let me get my first tattoo. In fact, it was my Sweet 16 Birthday present from them. <3

How stupid. People should decide these things on their own, when they are grown, not 16 and not because they know that it will get their parents attention and approval.. poor kids, they dont need their dad as a friend they need a parent who doesn’t push his choices on them!!!

I am totally fine with it, its legal in Arizona. I also love how he is always pictured with all 3 kids. Even though he and Shanna have been off and on he is always in Atiana’s life. Thats a good man.

I think it’s great how much time he seems to spend with his stepdaughter. After the divorce, it would have been easy for him to forget about her.

Who cares his babys are ugly ass mexian/white trash.They are both nasty people.They are going to go to hell and their children will be with them.Talk about a reunioun from hell.Those are ugly people totally talentless and unattractive.The kids are trash like their folks,trust me it is just a ugly version of them in kids size though.Thief barker stole art work from robert shaw’s design store,marketed his art as is own didn’t pay the guy.The ho wife sleeps around and is a golddigger.Just go to hell pay for your sins, nothing you do for those stupid kids will fix what you did.

8. will

It depends on his choice, but it is good to have tattoos after the age of 18. Selects the designs carefully otherwise temporary tattoo is a best idea for teenager.