Gisele Bündchen & Benjamin: Lunch In New York City

Gisele Bündchen & Benjamin: Lunch In New York City

Gisele Bündchen and her adorable son Benjamin, 1 1/2, spent some quality time together in the West Village neighborhood of New York City on Saturday (November 19).

The mother-son duo had lunch at an Italian restaurant and then took a walk around the city. At one point Gisele scooped up the tot, out of the way of an oncoming car. Looks like she’s got some moves like hubby Tom Brady.

It was revealed earlier this year that Gisele is the world’s wealthiest supermodel, and it appears the former Victoria’s Secret Angel will continue to put money in the bank – according to Forbes she is believed to be on track to becoming the world’s first model billionaire, raking in $45million last year alone.

Filed under: Benjamin Brady,Gisele Bundchen

Photo credit: Flynet

1. Eva

Eye color aside, there is clearly no doubt this is Tom Brady’s clone – I mean, child! And I knew a brown-eyed son of blue-eyed parents who was also the spitting image of his father.

As I said on JJ, it is funny that of all Gisele’s talk about Jack (Bridget’s son) is hers, Gisele is only able to visit with him when it is Tom’s scheduled visitation.

• Janna

You think that’s funny? How so?

Huh, why is it funny? Tom is his father and is also only able to visit him when it’s his scheduled visitation. That’s how child custody arrangements always work when the parents are not together. And what do legal custody arrangements have to do with how much Gisele loves him? Should she love him less just because he doesn’t live with her 100% of the time? I still will never understand why the fact that she loves him is seen as a bad thing. Would you prefer it if she said she preferred her biological son over her stepson? Would you prefer it if she treated him poorly?

Kudos for her loving him. But she claims Jack as her own. Bridget has full custody according to Tom and only sees him on average one week a month, according to him as well. So for Gisele to say Jack is hers, is completely wrong and inconsiderate to Bridget.

Not sure why my response never made it. But I think its great she treats him well. What I don’t like is her pretending that Jack is hers, when according to Tom, Bridget has full custody and Tom only sees Jack on average one week a month. Gisele should stop pretending that Jack belongs to her. I have to wonder is she has some delusional/psychological issues.

• Janna

I really don’t know what point you’re trying to make and I think you’re reading WAY too much into her comments. She loves him like her own, she considers him her own. She’s not pretending anything. She considers her step-son to be her son. He is her own son, she just chooses to not use the “step” word. That’s not a bad thing from anyone else on the planet, and it’s certainly not a bad thing from her.

When the child’s mom (real mom, biological mom) is active in her child’s life (and in this case, even has full custody with only visitation by the dad), then it is inappropriate to even suggest that a step child is yours. Jack has one mom and one dad. And while I think it is great that Gisele loves him, Jack is not her child and never will be (and that goes for everyone else on the planet too – I am not singling her out).

But he IS her child. Her step-child. She just chooses to not differentiate him with the “step”. Why is that so hard to understand??

• Janna

So adopted children should NEVER be referenced as my “adopted child”, but step-children should ALWAYS be referenced as my “step child”?

That seems ridiculous.

3. Carey

Ben looks so cute. And Gisele should carry him when crossing over a street.

Looks like Ben’s eyes are brown. I can already predict people claiming something is wrong since according to these people parents with blue eyes make babies with eyes of the same color. Not always.
    Gisele’s eyes are blue-green. Gisele’s father has brown eyes while her mother is blue eyed. 3 of the 5 sisters of Gisele have brown eyes, one has green eyes and the other blue-gray. Gisele’s niece got blue-gray eyes and both her parents have brown eyes.
    Now about Tom’s family. I couldn’t find enough pictures to do an analysis. Tom father’s eyes are blue.
    Oh, I wrote an essay.

You need a hobby.

• Anonymous9

Based on my exhaustive research, only two of her sisters have brown eyes. One of the others lost both eyes in a horrible accident, so maybe she had blue eyes and that would explain everything. The fifth sister has one blue and one brown, like a Huskie. Don’t even get me started on Tom’s family.

are you courtney’s sister?

Ben has dark blue eyes

Learn genetics before you start commenting. Each person has two genes for eye color, one from each parent. Blue eyes are a recessive gene so if you have blue eyes you have two blue eyed genes. Brown is dominant. You can have brown eyes and carry a recessive blue eyed gene. Tom and Gisele both have blue eyes and 2 blue eyed genes. So two people with blue eyes can NOT have a brown eyed kid, barring gene mutation. Gisele’s father has brown eyes but she got his recessive gene of blue eyes.

Benjamin probably only looks as though he has brown eyes because of the lighting in the picture.

“And Gisele should carry him when crossing over a street.”

As we have learned many times from the comments here, carrying children is borderline child abuse.

• get real

He isn’t even 2 yet – anyone who has a problem with carrying him obviously is not a parent &/or has a screw loose.

• Janna

I would go futher and say that ANYONE who has a problem with someone carrying their own child at ANY age has a screw loose.

• get real

thanks, – the reason I made reference to non-parents is that I’ve found a lot of the screwball, off-base comments and criticism come from those who probably have never even changed a diaper, much less parented.

Adorable!! he looks a bit like his brother I think :)

6. SophieJane

He is so cute!!! Cute little boy

7. Giselle

Such a precious child!

Both my mom and dad have light brown hair with green eyes. I have blond hair and green eyes. My sister has black hair with dark brown eyes. so many people are so dense. Me and my sister have identical faces but with opposite coloring so of course the dense one’s have always thought we look nothing alike, just because of our coloring, while others think we look like twins when they actually focus past the coloring. Ben is spitting image of his papa! so cute! I also saw Gisele’s baby pictures and I see her in him alot too. so cute. Hey you Boston freaks its 2011, almost 2012. get a life already. Studies show people who dwell on the past have slow progressing lives.

As someone who was abused by their step parent I find insinuations that she should not love him utterly repulsive. This woman does nothing but show her step son love and affection yet gets bashed by petty catty gossipers. I WISH my step parent treated me equally and loved me like one of her own!!!!!!

10. S

I think he looks like Jack too! curious to see their resemblance as they get older.

He looks just like his dad and big brother awww. Gisele is gorgeous.

12. Rachel

I am a Gisele fan and as you may or may not know *most* Brazilians are crazy about her, and a few once told me they are just passionate,expressive people and their step families over there, everyone is equal and a step child is not called that over there. A child is a “child” not “step” child. I think people need to realize she has different values and practices than your average American and she didn’t mean to offend. Its just a different way of speaking and communicating. Quit sweating the small stuff, the boy has MANY parents, real,step loving him and treating him well. Is that such a crime in a time where many kids are starved,beaten and neglected and don’t have even 1 person loving them??!!!! think about it.

13. popsykl

what not one comment about his obviously to small jumper? sheesh you girls i expected more from you :P

Jack is his half brother , no brother. He no looks like Jack

When did Tom ever said Bridget has full custody? He said in interviews with Sports Illustrated that he shares custody with Bridget Also he never said he only see Jack a month

Actually I’ll have to find the quote about him not having custody but I know Ive seen it. And there is no quote from SI about Brady sharing custody cause its not true! It was SI that said it, but in the same quote, Brady said this “If you had him every day, you’d go, ‘Let’s just get this done.’ But, say, one week a month, you’re like, ‘This is so cool! … ” Brady stated he gets him one week a month – is that shared custody? SI probably meant he shares legal custody. Also, given that Jack is in school, in NYC, it would be impossible for Tom to share custody given that Tom lives in Boston and California.

so cute