Name: Nancy Leigh “Naleigh” Kelley
Date of Birth: November 23, 2008
Parents: Katherine Heigl & Josh Kelley
- Naleigh was born in South Korea
- She was adopted by her parents in 2009
- Her parents were able to adopt Naleigh so quickly because she was deemed “special needs” because she had a congenital heart defect
- She was named after Katherine’s mother & sister
- Naleigh was unable to leave South Korea until she had open heart surgery, which she underwent with no complications in 2010
“Her heart is 100 percent fine now. She has a scar, so she won’t be wearing bikinis, which is fine by us,” Katherine on the results of Naleigh’s open heart surgery.
“I have this amazing, beautiful daughter in my life that I wouldn’t have had otherwise and I have this amazing wonderful beautiful sister in my life that I wouldn’t have had otherwise. So I think adoption should be on everybody’s mind and people should be a little more open to it.” – Katherine on the joys of adoption.