Diddy Shares One Of His “Proudest Moments” As A Daddy

Diddy Shares One Of His "Proudest Moments" As A Daddy

Sean “Diddy” Combs has a lot to be thankful for these days. The hip-hop mogul and his family are celebrating some very big news….

“Today I am truly blessed and thankful to accept my scholarship and give my full commitment to UCLA,” Combs’ 17-year-old son, Justin, announced. “Playing Division I football was a life long dream of mine, and through hard work I was able to achieve it. I am a living testament that with a strong relationship with God, family, and hard work dreams do come true.”

Justin was awarded a full scholarship to UCLA, and received offers from Illinois, Virginia and Wyoming as well, making Diddy a pretty proud daddy.

“As a parent, this is one of the proudest moments of my life,” Combs said in a statement. “This is everything a father could want in his son, for him to excel at what he loves to do.”

Justin, who carries a 3.75 grade point average at his high school, plans to major in Business Finance.

Filed under: Celebrity Dads,Celebrity Kids,Justin Combs,Sean Combs

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin, Google

Is anyone else stunned that he would accept a scholarship?

I never understood the point of giving out scholorships just because someone’s good at a sport.

I’m all for scholarships for student athletes because they NEED them, but clearly he should not accept the money. If this is his dream to play for UCLA and wants to get a degree at the same time, then fine. But his dad could and should pay for his tuition, if not a sizeable donation to the need-based scholarship fund for ALL students!

4. NYC Mommy

I feel if “Diddy” cares so much about helping the community, he should have son forgo scholarship still play football but cover cost himself. save that scholarship for a child whose parents can not afford school and plays good ball.
    I understand giving scholarships for athletics… that is how colleges win championships, however, I think academic standards should be met as well. Think of all thos scholarship winners who went to college for 4-5 years obtained a degree and still cant properly read and write. College years are for learning and growing and not only winning games for school that is important part.

Father? More like a sperm donor.

6. LaKesha

So he shouldn’t accept a scholarship that he has earned? Seriously? Funny how no one realizes that the son has no money–the money belongs to his father.