Dean McDermott On More Babies: “I Think We’ll Have A Fourth”

Dean McDermott On More Babies: "I Think We'll Have A Fourth"

Beverly Hills 90210 alum Tori Spelling and hubby Dean McDermott may have welcomed their daughter Hattie Margaret less than two months ago but the dynamic duo admit that they aren’t done having children.

“I think we’ll have a fourth,” Dean reveals to Access Hollywood during the promotion of their Oxygen reality show Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood.

The actor admits that once he and Tori discovered they were pregnant with Hattie via a home pregnancy test, the couple immediately knew they eventually wanted more children.

“As soon as I saw it was positive and it was a pregnancy, we both thought we need to have a fourth – at the same time.” the proud papa adds.

The couple – who are also parents to 4-year-old Liam and 3-year-old Stellaas well as Dean’s 13-year-old son Jack from a previous marriage – aren’t afraid of having a brood of four and are definitely up for the challenge.

“People say, ‘Oh my God, it’s utter chaos after two.’ But it’s not, it’s great,” Tori states.

“You lost your mind after the second one, so… the third fourth and fifth, it’s like you’re so far gone, it’s just kind of the same,” Dean adds.

Although the couple are excited about adding another babe to their brood, expanding beyond a fourth child between them might not be the option the couple will pursue.

“Once we have a fourth, I think that’s really kind of decision time whether to shut it down.” Dean admits, mimicking a snip snip motion.

“I’m 38,” Tori says. “I’m not gonna be able to have that many more.”

Be sure to tune into the Oxygen network and catch Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood airing Tuesday at 10 p.m.

Filed under: Celebrity Moms,Tori Spelling

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

1. tiki

i hope they do have one more. they seem like they’re devoted to their kids. for what it’s worth, i say, ‘go for it, tori and dean!’

• Lola

‘They seem devoted to their kids’: what do you know about their private life? They seem devoted to the press, that’s all that I can say for sure!

Yup! It’s like welfare for the famewhore rich and famous. The more kids you add, the more cast members you add to your publicity money making machine.

Devoted to the press HA–very true ! Dean is 45 yrs old; time to stop and think about how old u will be when the kids r teens and if you will be around to see them get married. I also hate when he doesn’t mention his older son Jack but I do understand that Tori and him together only have 3 and its fine to say “we” have 3 kids. I would love to read Jack’s tell-all one day–lol.

Well, they do have a reality show. I would make the same comment after watching their show. They are a really loving, devoted, hilarious couple, both to each other and as parents, and they clearly adore their babies. I would love to see them have a fourth little one, their kids are adorable.

2. Grace

Why does Dean always talk as if he currently only has 3 kids? He already has 4 kids. If he and Tori have another child that will be a fifth child, not a fourth. And before anyone jumps in with “he’s just talking about the kids he has with Tori,” a good parent counts all of their kids, not just the ones they have with the current wife.

If he spoke just for himself, he probably would have, but he’s speaking in terms of ‘we’. They didn’t make the first one together :-)

So let me get this straight. Gisele Bundchen is a horrible person because she considers her stepson like her own son. But now differentiating between the kids the have together and his son from his first marriage somehow makes Dean a bad parent. Good lord, can we get some consistent guidelines for what constitutes acceptable parenting by celebrities to the shrews and trolls that populate the comments here?

• Grace

When did I ever say that Gisele was a bad person for referring to Jack as her child? I have defended her on here for that very things while other have trashed her for it. So my opinions are totally consistent. Other people’s opinions on the subject are just that, other opinions.

It’s ridiculous and simple minded of you to a) call me a troll for having an opinion that you don’t happen to agree with and b) expect me to share the same opinions about Dean as random other people have about Gisele. If you notice me sharing contradictory opinions on this site, then feel free to point it out. But calling me inconsistent because I have an opinion about this that contradicts the opinions of random other posters makes no sense.

• Grace

And the more I think about it, the less sense your example makes. You’re comparing what a dad said to what a stepmom said. It’s apples and oranges. Perhaps if you had included an example of a Dad or Mom being criticized in the comments section for speaking about ALL of their children, and not just the ones from their current marriage, then your argument would make sense. Or if this was an article about Tori and she didn’t include Jack, then it would make sense. As it is, it’s a weak argument that makes very little sense.

• Janna

Um, maybe because he currently only has 3 kids with Tori?

He didn’t say “I’ll” have a fourth, he say “we’ll have a fourth”. We as in her and I. Her and I already have three, now we’ll have four. He couldn’t say “we’ll have a fifth” because Tori doesn’t have four already.

I think you’re really stretching here. There’s probably a million other ways for you to think he’s a bad parent (if that’s your goal), but this isn’t one of them.

3. SMH

She had a c-section with Liam and Stella and I assume she did with Hattie. Usually after 3 c-sections the dr’s start to frown upon you having more babies because of tissue scarring. I know that’s true for my friend she has 2 and her doctor said he wouldn’t recommend anymore. I guess it does depend on the person too maybe some people have less scarring afterwards.

4. Amorie

Yay! They are such great parents.

5. anonymous

Great Parents? Did you see the sneak preview where Tori, Liam and Stella are doing a photo shoot and Liam starts hitting Tori in the face and head. Tori just sat there and did not reprimand him until after she took a few blows. Liam is a MONSTER! TOTAL BRAT! He got into a fist fight at school already and he is only four years old. Her kids are spoiled rotten, and don’t kid yourselves, she has a couple of nannies that she dumps them with when the cameras aren’t rolling. I find the exploitation of her children appalling and I never watch their show, so sick of seeing them.

Agree-stop whoring ur kids on reality TV and get a real acting job sorry but these 2 are disgusting. Even Tori’s Mom said she whores the kids on TV. She has no control over them either; & she has 2 nannies plus her baby nurse Patsy. I have to say Tori is a go getter kinda like her Dad when it comes to work and job opportunities. Just don’t like these 2. Once a bunch of cheaters always cheaters.

i agree with anon @ 9:01 pm

Sorry but Liam seems like a brat–can’t blame the poor kid but Tori has no control over him. I pray those kids grow up to be somewhat “Normal” !