Hilary Duff Ponders Post-Baby Move To Escape Paparazzi

Hilary Duff Ponders Post-Baby Move To Escape Paparazzi

She may be creating the dream nursery in her Los Angeles home, but now Hilary Duff – who is expecting a boy with husband Mike Comrie – might be considering moving to her hubby’s native Canada to escape the glare of the spotlight once her baby is born.

“I’m not the first person in Hollywood to have a baby. Other people have found a way to deal with it and I think I will, too,” the Lizzie McGuire star says. “If it gets too much, we pack up and move, I guess. Mike and I talk about that sometimes. I don’t know…Toronto? Maybe Edmonton!

“Sometimes it’s a more pleasant situation where it’s like, ‘OK, I can deal with this…’ And then some days it just sucks. Who wants to be photographed every single day?”

The singer/actress says she wouldn’t want her child to experience the relentless attention and scrutiny she’s had to deal with in Hollywood. “Everyone is creating a ruckus around you…And you’re just like, ‘Oh, I feel so helpless right now.’” she says.

“And then the normal people start taking pictures of the paparazzi taking your picture. It’s just a domino effect of situations that are happening.”

Filed under: Expecting,Hilary Duff,Mike Comrie

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News

1. Andrea

Just stop calling the paparazzi, then, Hilary.

^^^ LOL
    My thoughts, exactly!

get over yourself, Hilary! You got an inflated ego and think you’re a bigger star than you are. Yes, do us a favor and move away. Take your Z-list sister of yours too!

Why would she call the paparazzi? They’re parked outside her home waiting for her to leave, then follow her. I don’t think the lack of privacy and constant scrutiny is worth it. And then the kids have to live their life in a goldfish bowl too. I doubt the money is worth it.

• anon.

Paparazzi parked outside her house???!!! GMAFB – she is a dlister (at best) – paparazzi have MUCH bigger fish to fry in HOllywood. Gwen Stefani, Jennifer Garner, Jen Anniston to name a few.

Thanks for the laughs.

5. Anonymous9

She has a pretty high sense of her own importance. Stop telling the Paps that you’re having lunch at The Ivy, and you won’t have to worry about it.

6. 1 Duff fan

Everyone stop being mean about Hilary. If I was her, I would want peace and quiet after I delivered instead of being photographed all the time 27/7. And she doesn’t call the paparazzi. They’re waiting outside her house until she leaves. They’re stalkers and don’t care if they drive reckless in order to get their 1 million dollar shot of Hilary walking down the street.

• Anonymous9

A million dollar shot of Hilary? Are you serious? There is nothing Hilary could do, short of becoming the mistress of Prince William, that would have anybody paying a million dollars for a picture. She seems nice, but she’s a has-been trying very hard to keep a career going long after anybody cares. Except you, obviously, and you don’t seem particularly stable.

It’s so annoying that people make up blatant lies in the comments. If you don’t like her fine, but do you have to make stuff up?

8. maxine

Her comment about switching cities at whim makes no sense. If her husband is a hockey player, wouldn’t he re-locate to the city he’s training and playing in? Players don’t choose their team, the team chooses them.