Jennifer Garner: “I Would Do Anything” For Ben Affleck

Jennifer Garner: "I Would Do Anything" For Ben Affleck

An expectant Jennifer Garner graces the January cover of InStyle and opens up about her husband Ben Affleck who gave her a pair of pink and white diamond Harry Winston bands, one for each of their two daughters, Violet, 6, and Seraphina, who turns 3 next month. The actress, who is expecting the couple’s third child, calls pregnancy at age 39 “a game changer.” Read on about Jen’s cravings and weight gain during pregnancy.

On craving junk-food and gaining weight during pregnancy: “My kids had never seen Doritos before. They would say, ‘Mom, where did you get that orange chip? I really want that.’ I wish I was one of those cute pregnant girls who wear skinny jeans throughout their pregnancies. But I just gain weight. I’m trying really hard to be mindful, but when I’m making the kids mac and cheese, I want it badly.”

On her successful relationship with Ben: “I don’t know how or why it works as well as it does.” She adds, “We both know we couldn’t do what we do without each other. Ben always says, ‘If you love it, we can make it happen.’” She continues, “He knows when to swoop in with the gesture. He’s sweet that way. Honestly, I would do anything for that man, because I know it’s not taken for granted.”

On identifying with her role in upcoming flick Butter: “I identified with her loss of identity,” she says of her character. “You identify with your career then become a mom and put everything you have into the happiness of those kids. And though I wouldn’t change it for anything, you lose part of yourself.”

On somebody she’d like to meet: “During my second pregnancy I loved listening to the cellist Yo-Yo Ma. I’ve thought about contacting him, but I’ve never had the nerve.”

For more of the interview with Jennifer Garner, pick up the January issue of InStyle, on newsstands Friday.

Filed under: Jennifer Garner

Photo credit: InStyle

Lots of love to you, Jen Garner. You look great.

2. Krissy

Sounds like she is blessed and appreciates it. Love this family for they appear very real

These pictures are sooo photoshopped. Why oh why?
    You don’t even recognize her. This is ridiculous

4. Whatever

CUTEST COUPLEE

5. klutzy_girl

Ben and Jen are one of my favorite Hollywood couples! Love them so much.

This is a great interview!

6. marie

beautiful inside and out.

7. Grace

The wording of that headline is so odd, with the way it adds in his last name. As if we wouldn’t know she was talking about her husband without adding the Affleck part and might think she’s talking about Ben the mailman.

• melanie

Agreed, that is kind of dumb and it actually insults one’s intellligence. Ben the mailman – funny!

Unless they changed it after your comment, the “Ben Affleck” part is not inside the quotation marks, which means she *didn’t* say that (confirmed by the actual text of the post). It’s obvious from the way the quotation marks are arranged. It’s pretty routine to reprint isolated quotes like like that (where she originally referred to him as “that man”). In context, it’s obvious who she’s talking to, but in an isolated headline, it wouldn’t necessarily be clear, so they add the name. Pretty standard and shouldn’t be confusing.

• Grace

I’m fully aware that the name Ben Affleck isn’t in quote and therefore she didn’t say that. And I didn’t say it was confusing. I said it sounds odd to have added the last name as if we wouldn’t know who she was talking about if it just said “Ben” after the quote.

these pictures dont even look like her. can you say PHOTO-SHOPPED and AIRBRUSHED much????? ridiculous.

9. Shirelle

She kind of looks like Jennifer Love Hewitt is the picture!

10. Again?

I’m so shocked. A story about Jennifer “I have no career” Garner. We almost never see those on this site.

Here’s a little suggestion – try checking IMDB – she obviously has a career – a current, successful one. But hey, why let facts get in the way of your irrational hatred?

• Grace

It’s not irrational hatred to be sick of seeing daily posts about the same celebrity. I realize there are some people who worship the ground this woman walks on, want to see daily pictures of her, and who go postal anytime someone dares to criticize her in any way – but some of us do not share that opinion. Some of us think she’s just a person, and an over-exposed one at that.

I don’t love her or hate her. Like everyone else here, I don’t know her. Even if I did love her I wouldn’t post that because I think it’s strange, and, frankly, uninteresting. But unlike some people, I just ignore the things that don’t interest me.

The hatred really is irrational, particularly the degree to which it’s expressed repeatedly on these posts. The comments are mostly personal attacks against her and her family. If you really can’t deal with it, email the site owners to complain – they obviously aren’t going to change anything based on the comments. Posting comments just encourages them to post about her more, since all they care about is pageviews.

She didn’t steal your wallet or kill your dog. As far as I know she’s never done anything mean or horrible to anyone. She doesn’t act like an entitled diva. What is the problem with her? If you don’t want to read about her, just IGNORE the posts. Why is this so hard?

• M

From what I’ve seen of the comments here it is just a lot of observations people have made. She is over exposed and her career is struggling. Yes some of the the comments made are snarky but that seems par for the course on this website. I’ve seen far more irrational and brutal attacks made by commenters directed at other commenters. This site has a bunch of attack dogs that make personal attacks on people when they dare to share an opinion they don’t like. Sorry to break it to them but the world is full of people who have different opinions. We are allowed to post them.

^^ THIS! I agree 100%

I don’t understand why someone would waste so much energy on hating Jen Garner. I can’t imagine what JG did to deserve such a troll.

• Grace

There are no personal attacks against her family being made here. There is one person saying they’re sick of hearing about her. That’s not irrational hatred.

• Anon2

But then why frequent a website continuously that posts articles/photos of something/someone you’re not interested in? Then on top of that, take the time to post about how boring it is, and on top of THAT, get in a debate about the relevance/irrelevance of a particular actress.

That seems like an enormous investment of time and energy into something that people are claiming not to care about. It’s just odd.

• Anon2

And yet you continue to frequent this site, and continuously post to let people know how bored you are of her.

Why???

• Ava

Maybe the poster likes this website. It is one of the best for celebrity news on mothers and families. And maybe the poster did skip past the articles she didn’t like but finally decided to say something about how silly it was that they post so many articles about her.