The Duggars Share Photos Of Baby Jubilee At Memorial Service

The Duggars Share Photos Of Baby Jubilee At Memorial Service

After suffering the miscarriage of their 20th child, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar held a memorial service in Arkansas on Wednesday for baby Jubilee Shalom, and family members joined in prayers for the child. Michelle miscarried at five months pregnant, and the couple announced the sad news on December 8th.

The family from TLC’s 19 Kids & Counting shared pictures of the miscarried baby at the service, TMZ reports. One photo shows Jim Bob holding Jubilee’s foot, with the accompanying text, “There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.” Another image shows Michelle holding Jubilee’s hand.

The pictures were first posted on Twitter by a family member, and later surfaced on a fan site.

At the service, Jim Bob spoke lovingly of the child that they lost, RadarOnline reports.

We won’t be able to see this child’s life and the phases that we’ve seen for our other children, but we know we will see this child in heaven one day. We are thankful for each child, and we are blessed to have the children we have here and the ones we will meet someday in heaven.”

Filed under: Michelle Duggar

Photo credit: Google Images

1. em714

these people are absolutely disgusting. freaks of nature who will do anything for a buck. yes a miscarriage is sad but who distributes pictures of the deceased baby to the media?! disgraceful- nothing is sacred anymore. can’t wait to see people try to spin this into the positive light.

I have a picture of my stillborn son on my facebook page. It is NOT uncommon for people to take pictures of the babies they lost in their wombs. This is after all the only thing we do have left of their life on this Earth. A loss is a loss. I don;t care how many kids you have. People need to stop being so mean and show some compassion. This family suffered a loss.

They didn’t distribute them TO the media, they distributed them AT the service. And LOTS of people do it. LOTS. Go to missingangel.com or nowilaymedowntosleep.com if you don’t believe me.

• Grace

Two members of their family posted the pictures online. So they may not have distributed them directly to the media, but they didn’t attempt to keep it private either.

• Anon2

You’re right, Grace. They took these photos of their deceased child and shared them with their family **just so** that someone — that they have no control over — would post them online and share them with the world. It was all contrived and manipulated so that they wouldn’t look hypocritical when they really are. It was really just lucky for them that their baby died so that they get more publicity and attention and money! Woo Hoo!

//sarcasm — in case you couldn’t figure that out

• AvaElizabeth

I think it’s not nice how you talk.

Look at the pics. They are very lovely. Not showing the dad baby. Showing just the little feets hold by the dad, showing the little hand holding moms hand.

I’m a nurse in Germany and I take care of patient how have such late misscarriages and we tell them to make pics. They shared it at the service with their family and friends and I can’t see something bad at this.
      They grief and it’s their right to act in that way and I think it’s a lovely way to show their little daughter at the service.

How dare you call the Duggars disgusting. You are sick for saying that. They were grieving, every person and family grieves in diferent ways. you have no right to make a judgement so cold about something so painful and personal. I aplaud the Duggars for paying respects to their dying baby, after all Jubilee was a baby, people at funerals usually have pictures of their loved ones. I am glad the pictures got to the media so people realize that when they have abortions they are killing babies. People having abortions are the disgusting ones.

2. anonymous

Wow. These are the same people who asked for privacy. Sick.

The tribute to their deceased baby is their choice and not for others to judge. But if they don’t want this or some other horrendous scenario to happen again they really should think about the grief future pregnancies will cause. In the interests of your health and family, religion should not be the priority. Isn’t that a no-brainer?

Can there be even one Duggar thread about their deceased child without someone spewing their opinion about them having more children. Just one? Have some respect for God’s sake.

I don’t see a problem with taking the pictures… but sharing them so openly with the public.. And the memorial certainly doesn’t look low-key.

5. baby wearing mama

Some ordinary people choose to take photos of their passed baby as well. It is all they will ever have of that baby. Let people deal with their loss how they see fit.

6. Da

RIP to the little angel. I hope their family has peace about this.

I did not think they could get any creepier, but apparently they found a way.

8. angelmom

As a mother who had lost a child. I had pictures done to help with the healing process. Not one moment of regret do I have. My precious angel was adorable. I have no shame is sharing them. I understand if the it is bad images, but it was only a foot! A foot people!

People can be so rude. They lost a child.. have you ever been in their shoes? And yes, I agree with a lot of the posts here- people take pictures of their lost family members.. their family released it.. and probably for a quick buck. Now that’s sad! Have some respect. I don’t agree with their lifestyle but I think as women we should show each other a little compassion. Sad to see all the negativity around a baby’s death.

Those photos are heartbreaking.

11. Mar

I think bringing more children into this world while being aware that everytime you’re risking your own life (which means leaving your other kids without a mother) just because “it’s God’s will” and “saying there are too many children is like saying there are too many flowers” is IRRESPONSABLE.
    And if stating this makes me a rude person, well then I am.
    These people are NUTS. They should stop. They almost lost a kid already, what are they thinking about?

12. SMH

I was hoping they’d show a bit of a service on their show but wasn’t expecting pictures. The Duggars are not private people so it doesn’t surprise me photos were leaked. I don’t find them creepy bc I have seen other families do it and atleast it was just little feet and a hand some do full face and everything and that’s a bit more hard to view.

On a randome side note, Seeing these pics really breaks my heart when I know women choose abortion sometimes as late as 20 weeks (which is where Michelle was just about). To see little feet and hands I know personally I could never make that heartbreaking choice to end a life but I know sadly sometimes people do. I would never tell anyone what to do with their life or body but I would hope pics like this would make someone really see that this, albeit quite small, was still a life.

Am I the only one who thinks this is kind of beautiful? Probably… :)

Read the story on TMZ. The immediate Duggar family did not release any photos from the memorial service. An extended family member tweeted them and fan sites picked them up.

Just because they are sharing pictures of someone who is near and dear to their hearts does not mean that they want judgmental people bothering them as they mourn.

Would you get upset with a celebrity who tweeted a picture of their deceased father after his death while asking for privacy? The Duggars view this as the same. Jubilee was their daughter.

15. LaKesha

Funny how strangers will judge…behind our computer screens we are all perfect parents, mothers, people, who make all the right decisions at all the right times.