Angelina Jolie: “I Couldn’t Tell You In My Own Home Who’s Adopted And Who’s Not”

Anyone who knows anything about actress Angelina Jolie knows that her household is a melting pot of different races and cultures. Despite that three of her six children came from different parts of the world, the Salt star claims that labeling some as adopted and some as biological doesn’t happen in her house.

“I couldn’t tell you in my own home who’s adopted and who’s not,” Angelina reveals to talk show host Anderson Cooper.

“It doesn’t cross my mind. There is something really wonderful when you adopt a child from another country because that whole country enters your house. We have different languages in our house, we have different flags up in our house, we have different food and culture and discussions and we go to their countries,” she adds.

Angelina also wants her children to one day give back to their homelands.

“They have programs in their countries [for] each of them we’re starting. There’s a TB/AIDS clinic being built for Zahara; there’s a clinic already for Mad[dox]. So each of them will take that responsibility. They are from their country and they are of their country and they should know that, it’s part of their family, we are their family but so is their country.”

Filed under: Angelina Jolie,Celebrity Moms

No need to get all testy. Do you look for something to complain about? Sometimes just like that off the top, it’s not easy to get across what you mean, but I think she said it quite well.

2. Trina

She is a beautiful woman.. inside and out.. WHat lucky kids!

3. Anonymous9

While I understand her point that all the kids are equal, to say that she couldn’t tell you in her own home who’s adopted is simply ridiculous. It doesn’t even make any logical sense; just say you love and treat them all the same. No reason to be so dramatic about it.

4. Anonymous9

5. Alix

And if the kids grow up and don’t feel like getting involved with their assigned programs, what then?

6. Whatever

wow so many haters..get a life

7. SMH

I think Angelina just means the kids blend together and that they’re no different then any other kids. She’s not being dramatic she doesn’t see life as one color which I find refreshing.

She’s awesome.

9. lola

She doesn’t know who is adopted and who is not, but she already knows which countries they should work for when they’re older. So the adopted will have to go back to third world countries (because it’s “their” countries”, you know, like they are not all Americans…) and the non-adopted will be allowed to stay in the States. And that’s not making a difference?

Shiloh was born in Africa and the twins in france. I think angelina has probably something for Shiloh… Not sure about the twins

Shiloh will have a animal conservationist center in her country . They already donated $2 Million last Dec. FYI Steven Speilberg made the statement about his adopted, bio and step kids

10. Jane56

lola @ Poor little lola a actually none of the kids were born in the U.S. Shiloh was born in Namibia and the twins in France and Shiloh has a charity in her name in Namibia. Secondly if you read what she said and has been saying you would know she said that she hopes the all her kids would take over their charities in their birth county and not once did she ever say for them to move back to their home counties and live there.

I mean she is so evil to want her kids to give back and help other poor children who are sick or orphaned in their birth counties when they get older. She should want them to only thing of themselves and become the next Paris Hilton selfish and only caring about money.

11. Danielle

While I think people should first look to adopt children from their own country, for several reasons I wont go into here.
    If you are going to adopt from another country this is the way it should be handled. I like the fact that Angelina is doing all she can to make sure her children know who they are and where they have come from. But still loving them all equally.

To Angelina and Brad all their children are equal no matter if they´re adopted or biological. I think that that´s what she was referring to when she said that she can´t tell which ones are adopted and which are bio children. It´s wonderful that the couple is having charities formed for their children. I, too, woonder if the twins already have some charity named after them somewhere.

13. Pingback: Angelina Jolie & Twins: Sydney Smiles