Selena Gomez Cancels Concerts After Mom’s Miscarriage

Selena Gomez Cancels Concerts After Mom's Miscarriage

Just three weeks ago, Selena Gomez announced that she was finally going be a big sister, and that her mom, Mandy Dawn Cornett, was expecting. Selina took to Twitter last month to elaborate, “Momma and (stepfather) Brian are finally letting me share the news. My mommy’s carrying my baby brother or sister. I’m the happiest girl in the world.”

But the Wizards of Waverly Place star now finds herself going through the saddest of situations after her mother suffered a miscarriage Radar Online reports. As she mourns the tragic loss, Selina has announced that her two weekend Christmas concerts are canceled.

The singer was slated to perform holiday-themed concerts tonight (December 18) in Chicago and tomorrow (December 19) in Seattle, but has cancelled, according to her rep, due to a “family emergency.”

The baby was to be the first child of Mandy Cornett’s and Gomez’s stepdad Brian Teefey, who married when the performer was just five-years-old.

Our thoughts are with Selena and her family during this difficult time.

Filed under: Selena Gomez

Photo credit: GSI Media

This is so devastating, my heart goes out to Selena and her family. :(

2. Rebecca

Aww, that’s tragic :(
    There have been a lot of miscarriages recently, haven’t there? It’s really a shame.

You spelled Selena wrong who did: selina!!
    Smh

4. Nina D.

Oh, my gosh! That’s so sad! Her poor Mom! They’re defiantly in my thoughts and prayers. <3

5. Shirelle

Poor Selena I feel so bad for her and her family

6. Julianna Petrosian

oh my god that is the saddest thing every i hope she feels better cause i literally cried when i herd the new yesterday i was zoo sad:’(

if your thoughts were with her family, you’d have kept your mouths shut instead of blasting it all over the internet

8. anon

this is why mommy didnt want you sharing the news so early.

• AJ

She waited until her mom and stepdad told her they were okay with her sharing, so I’m not sure what your issue is.

My condolences to Selena and her parents.

• AJ

My condolences to Selena and her parents.

OMG, I’m so sorry to hear this, my thoughts go out to them all at this tough time!