Report: David & Victoria Beckham Furious After Christmas Card Leak

Report: David & Victoria Beckham Furious After Christmas Card Leak

Power couple David Beckham and wife Victoria are quite upset after a Christmas card, originally sent to select friends, journalists and magazine/newspaper editors, was leaked online.

The photo, reportedly showing their four children – Brooklyn, 12, Romeo, 9, Cruz, 6 and Harper, 5-months – topless, ended up on Twitter Wednesday (December 21). The image was first posted by Vogue senior fashion news editor, Jane Keltner De Valle.

The caption read:

Cutest thing about @victoriabeckham‘s xmas card? Photo cred on back that reads “Picture by Daddy”.

The pic was also picked up by Popsugar and MailOnline, while Glamour editor Jo Elvin tweeted it, followed quickly by an apology, once it was made apparent that the image was not to be shared publicly.

“I should point out, the Christmas card from the Beckhams is Not for publication,” she writes. “It was private. My bad. Sorry, got swept up in adorableness.”

David and his two eldest sons were lasted spotted Monday evening (December 19) as they walked the red carpet at an awards ceremony at London, England’s Imperial War Museum.

Are you surprised that the family’s snapshot was leaked?

Filed under: David Beckham

Photo credit: Flynet

1. Iris

I saw the card and it looked stunning and really cute. But when you get a Christmas card (esp. from someone famous) you don’t post it online or boast about in on twitter. How cute it might’ve been, that’s just a no go.
    I can imagine David and Victoria being really upset about this. Bet they’ll be more cautious next time.

No, I am not surprised, and they shouldn’t be either.

They share it with select journalists and editors and then claim it’s not meant for publication?!!? Sounds like a publicity scam to me.

4. marcy

I guess the Vogue editor will be off the list for next year’s card. It’s a bit naive of them to send it to journalists, but also bad form on the part of the journalist(s) if the family wanted it to be private.

they sent it to journalists/editors that they have worked with numerous times, and know personally. not US weekly or People, tabloid magazines, who would obviously put out the pictures… Last time I checked sending a christmas to a vogue editor doesn’t seem to be like trying to pull a publicity stunt

They knew it would be leaked, gimme a break.

6. Tanya

Who sends out christmas cards to business associates and journalists then gets miffed about it going public? Sorry, but that makes no sense. Fail by the Beckhams for this one.

…It’s just a stupid Christmas card. Get over yourselves. And besides, isn’t meant to be seen by the public?

I just can’t believe how scary skinny Romeo looks in the photo!

I saw the card and it’s not like it’s some crazy candid photo. She’s constantly photographed with Harper and the other kids and their faces are well-known. I would understand why they’re so angry if she made an effort to hide her kids but they seem to stage photo ops with the kids. And maybe they should have sent a more generic card to journalists/editors and other industry-types, not a “private” family photo. Sorry, no sympathy from me here.

10. SensiblePerson

Agree with Marcy. Naive is the word indeed. Though I agree with the Beckhams completely. Seeing how they only sent them the FASHION editors, it means perhaps Victoria thought they were her friends in the fashion world, especially those from Vogue and Elle mags. Yeah…I guess the Vogue editor will be off the list for the next year’s card.

11. SensiblePerson

12. Sophia

I kind of get that they feel betrayed by the leak given that the card was only meant for private display, but they’re already in the public eye and all four of their children have been photographed on numerous occasions, it’s not like their appearance is a secret. I’m not surprised but I don’t really think it’s a big deal.

13. SMH

It’s a cute card and it shows boys and a baby with no shirt. If it was little girls then I would see the problem. Paparazzi get shots of them on the beach a lot of the times so no different.
    But I guess if you want to send out a card you should kindly state on it Please not for publication!

14. Sarah BerCar

i love the card its beatiful, but like many of u said it was pretty much obvious that it when leak so i dont see what the problem, i love the beckhams I`m a huge fan so I deleted all my retweeted, for the pic..