Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes Spend $5000 On Ice Skating Experiences For Suri

Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes Spend $5000 On Ice Skating Experiences For Suri

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have been treating Suri to New York City’s luxuries. The couple recently splashed out $5000 to rent a part of the ice skating rink at New York’s Rockefeller Center. The “Igloo” is a VIP-like area where paying customers can bypass lines and warm up in between skating.

A source tells the NY Daily News, “Tom rented it for an entire session so no one else could use it.”

That particular skating trip was a sweet one. Suri was also treated to catered snacks such as hot chocolate from Serendipity 3 and desserts from Jacques Torres.

When it comes to gifts the Mission Impossible star – who also has two adopted children, Isabella, 19, and Connor, 15 – likes to purchase presents for his family personally.

He recently explained, “We go out and get them. We go to the shops.”

As for the 5-year-old’s Christmas wish list? In Touch reports she wants a pair of $15,000 diamond earrings and $1,500 gowns to “make her look like a princess.”

Filed under: Tom Cruise

Photo credit: Bauer Griffin

The only questionable thing they do IMO is having her wear high heels. Its well known they are bad for your feet and ankles as an adult, even worse for children who still have soft bones which could be misformed. Would hate for her to get arthritis in her ankles due to damage during her formative years.

Really? Do you want to point out the studies that show that a small child wearing platform heels like this is bad for her bones? Can you point out the other instances of young children who were allowed to wear shoes like these and ended up with deformed feet? Is there a support group for these people?

Pulleeze.

• SMH

Actually are studies about wearing the wrong shoes and the damage it can do to your feet not just in kids but adults too. My mom has all kinds of foot problems and the doctor has said if it has no arch it’s not good for your heel, tendons, or bones. And in children under a year they shouldn’t even be in shoes bc studies have shown that it can interfere with the growing bone structures in their little feet. All you have to do is google and you’ll find a load of articles not that hard to do.

They are self righteous ass holes who are raising a child who will be spoiled and have an unrealistic sense of entitlement. Nice going Tom and Katie (who no one would care a rats a** about if she hadn’t entered into this sham marriage with Tom Cruise whose star power is fading fast.)

Is it me, or does Suri seem to be a very flirtatous, vampy little girl? This is just one of the more recent semi-sexual poses that I’ve seen of 5 year-old Suri. And as much as I don’t mind little children playing dress up, this lovely little one seems to have been allowed to make a lifestyle choice, of wearing often inappropriate clothing. I’m starting to get concerned about her.

I cannot find the words to describe how this story makes me feel. He was never my hero but I lose respect for him more and more with each story.

The article says it was just one session, not the entire season.

That’s nothing to them.

7. Ajay

Before everyone jumps on the “spoilt brat” bandwagon, I personally can see why they’d want a private place for Suri to enjoy ice skating. The poor kid can’t go anywhere without even the average people gawking and taking photos of her with their camera phones, let alone the paparazzi…

I agree, but just to clarify: I’ve read that they skated with the general public, but rented out the Igloo, which is a resting spot.

I also think it’s funny how the media assumes that they did this for Suri, when in fact it was Katie’s birthday. I think it’s more likely that Tom rented the space as a birthday treat for Katie. I guess a story about them “spoiling” their daughter sells more. Either way, I don’t see what the big deal is. Even “normal people” rent out roller rinks for parties, so what’s wrong with a wealthy celebrity renting out a VIP area for one session?

You people need to get a grip! Suri is their child. They can do and buy her what ever they want. Its no her fought that her parents have 5k to spend on a private ice skating section for her. She is just little girl. Leave these people alone.

I agree. People would be gawking at her with their mouths hanging open, their cell phones out to take photos of her like she was a performing seal. I am totally on Tom and Katie’s side in this one.

They have the money, who cares! If there were less “haters” in the world it would be such a more peaceful planet, if everyone stopped judging each other. All you people just put them down, you don’t know them or have any clue about their Family. They just laugh their way to the bank and buy whatever they want. Who cares! Let them spoil their Children.

11. Miel

Suri will grow up to be just like her mom and dad – pretentious and fake! In the public, she will appear to be the nicest person alive so that people will continue to adore her. Tom is the most pretentious celebrity in hollywood. The couch jumping and his scientology preachings in 2005 should be enough to prove that. Everything to him is for publicity in order to stay visible in the business.

i honestly dont care…

People would gawk at her no doubt but for a child to ask for $15,000 diamond earrings? These two idiots are making tragic mistakes raising this child. She will end up just like Lindsay Lohan.

14. anonymous

That child’s outfit is awful. It looks like it belongs on a Bollywoood drag queen.

15. SMH

I really hope that Suri gets time to play with other kids and be somewhat “normal” to me it seems like she is sheltered and it’s understandable bc she can’t just be anywhere without a circus of people but atleast w/ the Jolie-Pitt kids they have each other. Suri’s siblings are so much older and not relatable to her.
    I also take the story of the $15,000 dollar xmas gifts with a grain of salt. I’m not sure if Tom is giving Suri a more luxerious lifestyle then he did Connor and Bella but we never heard much about them when they were Suri’s age (and of course the internet sensation was less then it is now). I just find that as Tom gets older he gets wierder. Maybe we now know why Nicole left.

16. Jenn

Skate?the kid can barely walk!Next thing you know katie will be on some talkshow telling everyone suri is going to be an olympic skater,LOL!!!

I swear Katie and Tom need some serious help is all I can say!!! I mean Suri is going to be 6 in April and you hardly ever see her in photos or videos of her walking Katie and Tom are constintly carring her around like she’s still baby ugh and also the clothing the get for her is God awful very bad taste in clothing yet alone her outfits never match