Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: New Year’s Eve With The Twins

Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: New Year's Eve With The Twins

Ringing in the new year in Aspen, Colorado, proud parents Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon made a color-coordinated outing with their 8-month-old twins Moroccan and Monroe yesterday (December 31).

Stopping off at Mariah’s mom’s jewelry store, the lovebirds posed for pictures before heading in for a visit with grandma. The family-of-four have been spending the holiday season – including the twins’ first Christmas! – in the celebrity hotspot.

The ‘Butterfly’ singer took to Twitter at midnight to wish her legions of fans a happy new year, adding, “Seriously,you guys got me thru a twin pregnancy,new holiday songs,and keep inspiring me to make U proud! I love and adore you.”

Filed under: Mariah Carey,Monroe Cannon,Moroccan Cannon,Nick Cannon

Photo credit: GSI Media

In all the time I’ve been reading this site, in all the twin celebrity pregnancies that have been featured here and on other sites, I have never heard a celebrity complain so much about a twin pregnancy. These kids are in for a rough ride since they have a mother who will be forever reminding them what SHE went through for them.

Say what you will about someone like Michelle Duggar, but she went through TWO twin pregnancies, pre-eclampsia twice, a micro-preemie and a late miscarriage and you STILL never hear her talk like that, especially eight months later.

(And for the record: I’m a mother of triplets. I actually know exactly what you go through.)

WTF are you talking about? She did several tweets thanking people/fans for helping/being apart of things that happened to her in 2011. Why would she leave out being pregnant?

As much as your tired of all the supposed complaining, I am tired of women who complain about other women not acting like pregnancy is the greatest thing on earth. Never once did she say her defifficult pregnancy, that did put her life and the babies at risk, was something she regretted. Never once did she say she wouldn’t do it all over again or that she wasn’t thankful for her children. Somehow her saying all those good things seems to get ignored.

Some of you take pieces of things, just like media, and just ignore everything else. You turned something nice she was tweeting into something it was never meant to be.

I hate the notion of: “well, I went through this or that and it was worse and you have no right to “complain” cause i didn’t. You can experience the same “symptons” as someone else, but it doesn’t mean you are going through the same thing. The impact those symptons have can depend greatly on an individuals overall health, family history, pain tolerance, etc….

And, I can only laugh at you and others saying you feel sorry for her kids. Really? Why? Because she’s been around plenty kids and helped take care of her sisters kids, one of which is now a Harvard Law School graduate.

I feel more sorry for the kids of people like you, who have parents with such judgemental attitudes. Hopefully your kids don’t treat people they know like that.

• Ryder

You’re right, the impact of symptoms can vary wildly from person to person, but they can also be exacerbated by how narcissistic a person is.

One person can suck it up and do what needs to be done without harping on how hard it was for them every time they speak. Another person calls their pregnant body “rancid”, tells people she was “literally 47 weeks pregnant” and then has her children born to her own music?

2. Nina D.

Don’t get me wrong, Moroccan is adorable. But Monroe is absolutely gorgeous!

3. Arabella

adorable

shouldn’t they have those carseats straps tighter ….. I’d hate to see someone fall out

Tacky outfits

I find Mariah’s honesty about her pregnancy absolutely refreshing. I can imagine having a set of twins after the age of 40 might be a difficult experience. She loves the twins but isn’t going to sugarcoat what it took to have them. And you 01:17 had your own specific pregnancy and need to stifle yourself when it comes to someone else’s.

7. AnonymousNamesR4Punks

I am fan of Mariah, I have been since I was 10. that being said it bothers me greatly that she always try to dress like she did ten or more years ago and always has to have her “chesticles” out even when it’s cold. She will wear a dress and have those “chesticles” out and run a designer outfit making it look trashy. Please MiMi if you read this or your people do please dress classy and cover your chest. Your outfit above is nice but would have looked great if those breast were covered up just a tad. You can be sexy without having breast out I know this because I too have a small frame with a big chest and no baggy clothes aren’t flattering but neither are slutty clothes.

8. Courtney

Mariah has every right to be honest about how dangerous her pregnancy was she’s never once said she was ungreatful for her healthy children. My mom had simillar troubles with pregnancy as Mariah did plus has a child with special needs and she was in her early mid twenties when she had children. Roc & Roe are adorable if you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all

cutest twins on the site

10. SMH

I think both babies are adorable. They look so teeny in those carseats tough which I love those fabric coverings btw….so cute!

I doubt those twins are from her. She got all white egg donor and that is why those kids look so white. If they don’t darken up some I know for sure those are egg donor. The world is messed up because soon no one will know if they are marrying their brother or sister and a whole bunch of genetic diseases will appear because of inbreeding. Scientists are sometimes not that smart. As long as people are making money swaping eggs. What a world.

Oh, please. That boy looks just like her, why wouldn’t they be her children? Nonsense.

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but Mariah is pretty pale herself…

Wow, this site gets a lot of ignorant comments, but this one is one of the worst. congratulations!

Aside from the casual racism, are you unaware that Mariah is half white herself? Or that most African Americans have a nontrivial amount of white genes in their gene pool, even if they don’t “look” like it, due to the ugly history of slavery in this country? Maybe you should learn a little bit about history and about how genetics works before making such a fool of yourself again.

They are adorable, and quite small for 8-month-olds….were they premature?

EIGHT MONTHS?! They are tiny and in newborn carriers..

You know, I thought the same thing myself, and I don’t think her babies were particularly small when they were on 20/20, so I’m not sure why they look so small here.

Maybe the carriers are a larger size, making us think the babies are smaller than they are? I don’t know.

• SMH

I really thought they looked really small too. Looks like they may be in Chicco infant seats which are a bit bigger and my cousin’s son is 15 months old and still sits comfortably in his (he’s a bit small too though).

@832pm shouldn’t u be at a klan rally/meeting with a statement like that, we are all descendants from Adam and Eve…educate yourself!

i had twins at 40 and it was no joy ride. i was sick from day one—its how i figured out i was preg! after the ivf Dr said go home-dont waste your money you will never have kids! then the high blood pressure, the carpal tunnel, body aches, in and out of doctors offices, bed rest, sonos 2xs a week, it was no joyous time. they were born at 35 weeks. after almost a month in the hospital i brought them home a week before i turned 41.

16. Phoenix mom

Whether a multiple pregnancy or a single, pregnancy can be hard and miserable for some. Everyone’s body is different. I had 2 high risk pregnancies and the second let me know I probably shouldn’t try again. My body just can’t handle it. I never gained weight with the preganancy, however with as sick as I was I lost over 30 pounds. I also applaud a celebrity that is honest about what is going on with them instead of trying to make it seem like they are perfect and not human. The twins are both gorgeous. When it comes to children, you never know which genes are going to show up. That is why people have different looks within the same family. I have twins in my family where one is darker with blue eyes and more ethnic hair, the other fair with dark brown eyes and straight hair. We need to stop judging people and be smart enough to look around at the beauty in our differences.