Kasey Kahne Apologizes For “Offensive” Comments About Breastfeeding

Kasey Kahne Apologizes For "Offensive" Comments About Breastfeeding

NASCAR’s Kasey Kahne is usually loved by the ladies, but the driver took a lot of heat recently after seeing a woman breastfeeding at a grocery store and expressing his disgust on Twitter, adding the hash-tag “#nasty.” Now, Kahne is hoping to mend some fences, issuing an apology for his words via Facebook.

I understand that my comments regarding breastfeeding posted on Twitter were offensive to some people. For that, I apologize,” Kahne writes. “It was in no way my intention to offend any mother who chooses to breastfeed her child, or, for that matter, anyone who supports breastfeeding children.”

Kasey also apologized to the Twitter user whom he called a “dumb b—-” for pointing out his gaffe, admitting that he was “out of line.”

The Toyota driver, who said that he “took a second look” at the breastfeeding mom because “I was obviously seeing things,” adds:

“In all honesty, I was surprised by what I saw in a grocery store. I shared that reaction with my fans on Twitter. It obviously wasn’t the correct approach, and, after reading your feedback, I now have a better understanding of why my posts upset some of you.”

Despite his remarks, Kahne says that he fully supports “the mother’s right to feed her child whenever and wherever she pleases.”

“My comments were not directed at the mother’s right to breastfeed,” Kahne explains. “They were just a reaction to the location of that choice, and the fashion in which it was executed on that occasion.”

Filed under: Uncategorized

Photo credit: Facebook

“It was in no way my intention to offend” then why did you say it, idiot.
    It’s ignorance like this that shocks me, breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world. I bet he wouldn’t mind if a stripper walked in that grocery store and took all her clothes off.

That’s not even an apology! This dude is trash!

I agree with him

4. Anon

If the breasts are presented for his pleasure…he has no issue. Use breasts for the purpose of nourishing your child and you are #nasty. Would I expect anything else from a dumb-A nascar driver?….NO! Try keeping your ignorant mouth shut #Kasey! Takes some REAL skill to drive a car in circles….#dumbhick!

5. Anon

HA HA whats the matter Kasey#dumb Hick? Your mama didn’t breast feed you? That’s why you are so stupid!

I agree with him. Women should breastfeed in private, the rest of the world doesn’t need to see that.

• gini

Then don’t look. It’s that simple.

• Janna

There are a lot of things that people in the world may not want or need to see, but that’s their problem.

Here’s a simple fact: You will absolutely 100% see more people flaunting their breasts and nipples at the beach (or walking down the street) than you will ever see from a nursing mother. Guaranteed. The minute people like him start protesting the things people wear and do everywhere in public, especially the beach, is the minute he’ll have some credibility.

Every single health organization in the world advocates breastfeeding. Yet in the USA, woman are expected to do it in secret. It’s crazy. On one hand it’s “If you want to be the best mother, you must breastfeed” and on the other hand it’s “Eww, that’s nasty, put it away, no one needs to see that”.

I call BS.

7. melo1983

Lmao, the man has an opinion sooo…

• Janna

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That INCLUDES the people who don’t agree with his opion.

I couldn’t care less what this man thinks of breastfeeding, but you know what I really hate? Famous people who say stupid things on Twitter, then apologize when they have to cope with the backlash. Why not just own what you said? It’s not a popular opinion, but he truly feels it was nasty, so why apologize for saying it? Just be true to yourself, and take the heat for your opinion.

Oh wait, now I remember why no one ever does that: Money.

8. Ondine

I can’t imagine he’ll have many remaining female fans after his foolish comments and very weak apologies. He used to be my fav. Nascar guy, but no more. At least he’s still good looking. But now I know what lurks within him and want nothing to w/ him.

that is an idiot statment ondine…….He is still my fav. nascar driver and I am a woman. It is shocking to see boobs in a place you wouldn’t expect to see them. Get over it…..what happened to freedom of speech. Why does every single person get so offended nowadays…..get over it people!

• Ondine

As I said, he used to be my favorite Nascar guy, mainly because he is so good looking. But I now feel I know a little bit about him, as revealed by himself, and my opinion has changed. I now want nothing to do with him or his ilk. He surely has the right to the freedom of speech. He exercised it on his Twitter account and that is what has changed my opinion of him. I’m not offended at all by what he said. I just dislike him now.

9. jacquie109

There is a bit of difference in being discreat about it. I don’t even have a twitter account so I don’t know what his original comment was, but I would also think it was “nasty” if some woman just pulled her breast out to nurse. I was a breast feeding mother and I nursed my daughter in public, but I secured a blanket over the top of us so that no one actually saw my breasts.

why is os being blowin up? he said he was sorry and for saying he is trash you really stupid i dont really care what you people say if he said it he said it i am still his fan!

Leave Kasey alone. He was just stating that he didn’t expect to see that in a grocery store. People are blowing this way out of proportion. I thought it was a funny comment. Get over yourself people.

If you read other articles on the matter, he @replied someone on Twitter calling them a b**** when she asked if he would like to eat in the restroom, that was what crossed the line for me – not to mention the second tweet ‘One boob put away one boob hanging!! #nasty’, if he just left it at the first tweet then I wouldn’t have a problem.

The guy is clearly not a father. What’s he going to do when he does have kids, tell his wife to go feed his kids in the toilet because it’s ‘nasty’?

Breeders.