Carnie Wilson’s Weight Worries

Carnie Wilson's Weight Worries

For singer Carnie Wilson, maintaining a healthy weight and body image has been a lifelong struggle. She says that this year’s resolutions include getting and staying healthy – not just for her sake, but for her daughters Lola, 6, and Luciana, 2, as well.

“I’ve had so much stress in the last year, so it’s really a struggle,” Carnie, 43, tells FOX News. “I’m definitely up in weight.”

Saying that she’s “looking forward to getting an exercise routine again” in 2012, Carnie admits that staying in shape only got harder once she overcame her addictions to drugs and alcohol. The Wilson Phillips star battled substance abuse following her gastric bypass surgery in 1999.

“I can’t smoke a joint. I can’t have a glass of wine because I want 10 joints and 10 glasses of wine,” she reveals. “That’s my obsessive compulsive and addictive behavior. I’ve really struggled since I’ve become sober.”

But the mom-of-two is determined to set a good example for her girls: “Lola knows I struggle with it. I see Lola loving sugar like all the other children, but I also see her pay a little more attention. Like when there’s a birthday party, I see her being the first in line to get the cake. I see me in her.”

Filed under: Carnie Wilson

Photo credit: Pacific Coast News

I saw the show last night too and Carnie looked really big and sloppy. She was dressed in shabby dirty baggy clothes and I think she is seriously struggling with her weight. She’s REALLY big again. And her daughter is definitely showing signs of taking after her and is already a bit heavy set. Her husband seemed to not even be physically attracted to her. He married her after she had lost 150 lbs, not when she was heavy. She fed her kids take out that looked so greasy. I sincerely hope she can get herself under control. I understand that she has an addiction issue–and likely is also addicted to food–but then she needs to get back to therapy and whatnot.

Well, to be fair, her husband started dating her when she was the biggest she’s ever been (she was thinner at the time of their wedding). Still, I’m not saying he necessarily married her for love….

Well, to be fair, when her husband started dating her, she was the biggest she’s ever been (she was thinner at their wedding). Still, I’m not saying he necessarily married her for love….

To be fair, when her husband started dating her she was the heaviest she’s ever been (she was thinner at their wedding). Still, I’m not saying he necessarily married her for love…

What a shame. I really feel for her with her inability to get her eating under control, and now possibly passing that on to her child. Terrible.

3. Heart

As long as I can remember Carnie has always struggled with her weight. She looks great to me! I wish some women would understand that being skinny doesn’t equal looking good. Also, she has a daughter and her daughter may grow up to be a lil heavy, I would hope that Carnie would tell her daughter to embrace her look and not change them. Unless it was for health reasons.

I saw her last night on Celebrity Wife Swap, and DAMN she is lazy! She has almost all day to herself, while her nanny takes the kids everywhere and does everything for her, but she can’t find time to workout for at least 30 minutes a day? Strange……

5. Anon

Also based on WIFE SWAP that SHE CHOSE TO PARTICIPATE IN:She does need to face the fact that she is LAZY based solely on her inability to run her own household with just two little ones! He youngest is attached to “another mother”!! That SAYS it all! Her husband is a total waste of space.. and is obviously NOT in the relationship for love. Dump him! Carnie needs to find a real partner who actually loves her and contributes! EVERYONE deserves REAL love and affection! Children and their parents! Carnie is not getting any OR giving any!

• Heart

Wow! Don’t watch the show, but I had no idea she was lazy. I just thought she was a person that really struggled with maintaining her weight no matter how hard she would diet of exercise. C’mon Carnie! You can do it girl!

6. NYC Mommy

I also watched the show last night and I thought that she seemed depressed and not lazy so much as overwhelmed by her own life and obligations (she returned from career commitment and left to do Wife Swap in same day). From what I saw her husband did not seem very helpful and was not engaged at all in family life. Her house was very messy/dirty for someone with staff,. Cluttered is okay especially with working parents and small children but half eaten food and dirty laundry all over the place is just dirty. I felt bad for her last night when she saw how Tracey Gold and her husband are such a team and have such passionate love for each other in spite of spending nearly every minute together and being married for the past 22 years. Anyway, food is her crutch so it will always be difficult for her. She is still beatiful inside and out. As of Wife Swap, I feel horrible for wife who has to swap with Gary Busey’s wife. He seems like a scary complicate dude.

7. SMH

First we have to remember this wife swap stuff is partially staged. With that being said I too thought she was depressed. The way her husband hibernates in the music room and she admits they are like passing ships and the way she cried when she found out what kind of relationship Roby and Tracey had. It’s clear this is not the kind of marriage she was hoping for.
    But also she does seem a bit lazy. And that could be from beind depressed. She has two housekeepers, a nanny, gardener etc. With all that she could hire a nutritionist to make her meals for dinner too!
    She also was quite the belcher LOL

8. Anon

I got a lot of WHINING AND POOR ME from her on Wife Swap. I do not take those shows at face value- and normally wouldn’t watch..but was drawn by 2 celebs that I grew up with. I think Carnie is very lazy and thankless for a life most people could only dream of…If you are going to have all that help in the house…put it to good use! What a waste! Her husband…he’s not engaged in the least. Throw him out! He is a selfish loser.

if any of you that watched Carnie on wife swap have recorded it, watch it again….every room in her house was really clean and nice except for the kitchen. the kitchen looked cluttered, had some food lying out and laundry lying around. The washer and dryer are in the kitchen. but the rest of house especially the bedrooms were extremely stylish and clean, i kid you not.
    Too bad Roby didn’t buy some flowers for Carnie too, we all knew her husband wasn’t going to have any for her. sad!